Man City request Emergency Keeper loan

James

serves them right for not stipulating they could recall joe hart if necessary.

Think Birmingham paid to loan him, so they have a right to keep him if they choose.

and like city need the money. for how much they got it would have been insurance in case of this. to leave yourselves with only 2 keepers in their position (financially and going for a  champs league spot) is pretty stupid.

Like I asked earlier, is it good for the game for clubs to have three decent keepers at the top club with one having no chance of playing? As that is what would happen without the insurance. Nielsen sounds like our Caig, there so we can play a reserve game.

The rules are there unopposed by the Premier League clubs. As pointed out by NUT and myself other clubs have used it in the past, and will do so again.

No-one is disputing the fact that other clubs have used the rule in the past. It's more the fact that if they have several keepers to pick from it's not that much of an emergency. If they had NO keepers then obviously they should be allowed to bring someone in. It's the fact they don't want to play any of the keepers they do have available.

That will be the case every time an emergency keeper has been requested. I'm sure Everton had a 16 year old who could play in net when they got Westerveld in. Thems the rules.

I would say its their own fault, but you must be pretty unfortunate to have 3 goalkeepers injured at the same time. It was inevitable they'd be allowed to because this happens a lot to other teams, but it still shouldn't be allowed in the first place. But Ssssshhhhh, I want City to get 4th  ;D

I'm also completely against some emergency loan when you have keepers available. Otherwise why even have them in your squad? But in this case I really can't stand the thought of Spurs getting 4th so I'm quite happy to see City get the best keeper money can buy.

BOLLOCKS TO THIS, SAY GOALKEEPERS

PREMIERSHIP goalkeepers have decided to fuck that for a game of soldiers after a spate of semi-fatal injuries over the weekend.

Manchester City's Shay Given dislocated his brain, Stoke's Thomas Sorensen had his elbows shot off and 10 other keepers were returned to their families in 14 bin bags and a bucket.

The league's surviving keepers have now told their managers they would rather let John Terry give their wives a sponge bath than spend another minute diving at the feet of some 15 stone psychopath for the sake of a so-called 'goal'.

Roy Hobbs, head of the Institute of British Goalkeepers, said: "For too long we have been used as a meat-flavoured crash barrier to compensate for the likes of Titus Bramble when he accidentally loses possession while trying to swallow his own shorts.

"I very much doubt that even Robocop would stand there like a nonce watching a 60 mile-an-hour football boot rendezvous with his clackers."

Sports physio Wayne Hayes said: "I worked with Steve Ogrizovic at the beginning of his career. He was a lovely, fresh-faced lad who reminded me of a young Paul Newman. Unfortunately by the end of September he looked like a Picasso sketch of Gerard Depardieu.

"But that's the nature of the job. If you don't believe me, name three handsome, successful goalkeepers. That's okay, I can wait."

Premiership managers have responded to the crisis by promoting eager but terrified youth players who have got their affairs in order and picked out a headstone.

Meanwhile Liverpool's Rafael Benitez has tried a different approach by installing a goblin-powered force field he invented with the assistance of Professor Kinky, his invisible twin.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/bollocks-to-this%2c-say-goalkeepers-201004262677/

Guest toonlass

PREMIERSHIP goalkeepers have decided to fuck that for a game of soldiers after a spate of semi-fatal injuries over the weekend.

Manchester City's Shay Given dislocated his brain, Stoke's Thomas Sorensen had his elbows shot off and 10 other keepers were returned to their families in 14 bin bags and a bucket.

The league's surviving keepers have now told their managers they would rather let John Terry give their wives a sponge bath than spend another minute diving at the feet of some 15 stone psychopath for the sake of a so-called 'goal'.

Roy Hobbs, head of the Institute of British Goalkeepers, said: "For too long we have been used as a meat-flavoured crash barrier to compensate for the likes of Titus Bramble when he accidentally loses possession while trying to swallow his own shorts.

"I very much doubt that even Robocop would stand there like a nonce watching a 60 mile-an-hour football boot rendezvous with his clackers."

Sports physio Wayne Hayes said: "I worked with Steve Ogrizovic at the beginning of his career. He was a lovely, fresh-faced lad who reminded me of a young Paul Newman. Unfortunately by the end of September he looked like a Picasso sketch of Gerard Depardieu.

"But that's the nature of the job. If you don't believe me, name three handsome, successful goalkeepers. That's okay, I can wait."

Premiership managers have responded to the crisis by promoting eager but terrified youth players who have got their affairs in order and picked out a headstone.

Meanwhile Liverpool's Rafael Benitez has tried a different approach by installing a goblin-powered force field he invented with the assistance of Professor Kinky, his invisible twin.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/bollocks-to-this%2c-say-goalkeepers-201004262677/

:mackems:

PREMIERSHIP goalkeepers have decided to f*** that for a game of soldiers after a spate of semi-fatal injuries over the weekend.

So true.

Guest michaelfoster

they've got 9 bloody keepers on their books. Fook 'em!

So next season if Harper, Krul & Forster were all injured would you be comfortable with Soderberg playing?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

they've got 9 bloody keepers on their books. Fook 'em!

So next season if Harper, Krul & Forster were all injured would you be comfortable with Soderberg playing?

You're right. Lets get Tommy Wright!

Other sides have had the same privilege so it makes sense. It does point up the iniquities of the loan system, whereby a club with money can stockpile players and get them a good grounding elsewhere, allowing them to play against their rivals but not themselves (witness Maik Taylor in goal the other day). To whoever said that the loan system was good for England with Hart - well without it he would have demanded a transfer to someone else.

The loan system rewards the clubs with money. It would have been nice if it punished them in this case too.

25 man squads should help a lot in reducing its abuse, I think.

I've started a thread about it before (plug: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,60604.30.html) - I think it shouldn't exist. It massively helps the bigger clubs imo and f***s over the careers of many young players.

I see. As said in that thread, in Spain we have 25-man squads and the loan market is actually pretty small as a result. Clubs can't risk stockpiling players and find themselves with unhappy player without a squad number. Barça only have three first squad players on loan (and only one is a youth player), Madrid doesn't have any, etc... of course we have our B teams playing inside our league structure, which helps in giving youngsters competitive football.

We also don't have that bullshit "emergency loan" system, which allows English clubs to get rid of surplus players after the transfer window deadline and thus encourages careless squad planning.

Emergency loan (as in us getting Harewood and Khiz) was just a reaction to everyone being pissed off about the transfer window I think rather than this keeper stuff. I'd abolish it altogether, not sure it would be possible mind.

I'd abolish it altogether, not sure it would be possible mind.

Disagree with you on that one but certainly think it should be restricted. Got no problem with 'senior' players who aren't in the first team being loaned out within the window (this seasons examples: Xisco, Nicky Shorey, Jo, Benjani, Alan Hutton and many more) so that they can get games or 'put themselves in the shop window' or whatever. The emergency loan thing is ridiculous though and should be abolished after next season (so that clubs have a full year to stock themselves with keepers or whichever position they need and therefore can't complain).

However, you are right about the young players thing and I highly doubt, for example, the Shelvey to Liverpool deal would have gone through if there wasn't a possibility he could be loaned out. Don't think he'd go there if he knew he was playing u18/reserve football for the next 3 or 4 years.

I still think young players should be able to be loaned out to lower leagues to get game time and to test themselves in a different group of players out of their comfort zone as a part of their development, but there does need to be some sort of restriction; be it "only a certain percentage of the number of players at a club who are under 20 can be loaned out in one season" or just "only 1 long term and 3 short term loans for players at a club who are under 20 in one season". The likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and especially Arsenal have taken the piss with buying up all the good talent and then just loaning it out.