José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got a horrible feeling Spurs will get him to replace Redknapp next summer. Tell me I'm wrong, please.

how longs his real contract?  no way he walks for nowt, no way real sack him even if they come away with nothing, no way spurs pay up his contract

he'll stay one more year imo

I thought some Spanish based journos were saying that he'll be going in the summer because Mourinho's style and attitude doesn't sit well with Real's hierachy.  I think RM would be mad to sack him but RM have a history of sacking managers who have won the La Liga title, so sacking a manager who failed to do that shouldn't come as a huge shock.

Guest Roger Kint

Definately think he will be at United(for the twitter nutter) the season after next. Cant see Fergie going too much longer and it would be too tempting a challenge for him to take them on.

He's definitely waiting for Man Utd but Fergie just keeps going and I still see him there in 3 or 4 years time. Arsenal/Wenger is the same story and I just don't see him at Man City because that'd be too easy for him. If he wins stuff at Real and can't get Man Utd, maybe he wants a different kind of challenge. The return at Chelsea is what I'd bet on, but I don't think Spurs are as unlikely as it sounds.

I also have no doubt that he's waiting for the Man U job. Looks like Ferguson might go at the end of next season, maybe the end of this one if he bags the treble. Not sure I can see Man U fans taking to Mourinho, but that's another story.

I'd rather watch Man Utd win the league than the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City.

Which just emphasises how cuntish the premier league has become when sentences like that can be said.

Truth. The development of cuntish plastic teams like City and Chelsea has actually made me despise Man U much less. For all their arrogance and the shit they get away with, atleast they're a proper club with an 'organically' grown team. Decent (scary looking, though) fanbase too.

Guest Slarth

What's all this about his press conference today? SSN have been on about it, him refusing to speak and a lot of the media walking out?!

What's all this about his press conference today? SSN have been on about it, him refusing to speak and a lot of the media walking out?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/9459654.stm

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho's refusal to speak to the media ahead of Saturday's game against Barcelona prompted a walkout by journalists.

"Mourinho doesn't want his words blown out of proportion," said the Real coach's assistant Aitor Karanka.

"He doesn't want to be the one who raises the temperature."

Barca are eight points clear of Real in La Liga, with the two sides also due to meet in the Spanish Cup final and two legs of a Champions League semi-final.

About 30 Spanish journalists walked out when it was announced that Mourinho would not be speaking to the media.

Mourinho sat next to Karanka as the former Real defender answered questions at a media conference broadcast on live television and radio.

The former Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan coach has antagonised journalists in Spain since his arrival at Madrid at the end of last season by reducing their access to players and training.

After Saturday's league match the two clubs will meet in the Copa del Rey final on 20 April, which will be followed by their Champions League semi-final - with the first leg at Real's Bernabeu stadium on 27 April and Barca hosting the second at the Nou Camp on 3 May.

Real are without injured midfielders Lassana Diarra and Fernando Gago and the suspended Esteban Granero.

But striker Karim Benzema is fit having appeared as a substitute against Spurs, while midfielder Sami Khedira is also available after recovering from flu to start against Spurs.

Barcelona will be without striker Bojan, who could be out for two months after damaging his knee against Almeria last weekend.

The Catalan side are still awaiting the return of veteran defender Carles Puyol from injury.

He's a genius. Absolute genius. The only manager who can better Ferguson when it comes to this, and if you're paying attention you'll know that Ferguson has even used so Mourinhoisms recently in his press conference re: Chelsea + Champs league.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mourinho is a genious like, at Chelsea he created a whole new system that no-one to my mind has noticed. I'm not talking about the 4-3-3 either. It was nothing of the sort. He built an entire system around transitional play too, one foot in defence, one foot in attack AT ALL TIMES. I noticed it when watching highlights in the lead up to writing a report about them for this site prior to playing them once.

He inherited a team that had just finished 2nd and added the likes of Drogba (and Essien a year later) for £25m. There was nothing ingenius about it.

Thats a disservice to him but I agree that it wasn't the hardest job in the world when he took it over but the way he assimilated his players into the team almost seamlessly speaks volumes of his abilities.

His work at Inter far exceeds his work at Chelsea IMO anyway and obviously Porto beforehand goes without saying.

Just looking at Mourinho's signings whilst at Chelsea.  For someone who had a blank check book, he was fucking terrible in the transfer market.  Flop after flop.

Basically it was Cech, who was signed by Ranieri, the spine of the team that was already there in Terry and Lampard, and only a couple of Mourinho's signings over his 3 years that held Chelsea together. (Drogba, Essien, Cole)

Juliano Belletti Barcelona £3.7m

Florent Malouda Lyon £13.5m

Tal Ben Haim Bolton Free

Claudio Pizarro Bayern Munich Free

Steve Sidwell Reading Free

Ashley Cole Arsenal £5m

Khalid Boulahrouz Hamburg £7m

John Mikel Obi Lyn £16m

Ben Sahar Hapoel  Tev Aviv £320,000

Andrei Shevchenko AC Milan £30.8m

Salomon Kalou  Feyenoord £8m

Michael Ballack  Bayern Munich Free