José Mourinho

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Irrespective of tonight's result or whether Chelsea turn it around in the second leg with a 3-0 win, I just feel the need to pop the cork of bottled hate on Mourinho - the guy is a negative w***** and to my "naked eye" is massively responsible for other negative w*****s like Pardew and Allardyce approaching games like they do. I've considered him to be the embodiment of pure footballing evil ever since Rijkaard's Barca turned up and found the Stamford Bridge pitch had been heavily watered overnight by the groundsmen (on Mourinho's orders) despite the fact that it had been raining heavily for an entire day or two. He's a genius no doubt because in that game Barca were constantly slipping and struggled to play their natural game (indeed I recall Chelsea's first goal coming from Xavi slipping whilst turning), but he's an anti-football, win-at-all-costs one who'll resort to anything to get a win other than coaching a creative style of play into his teams. He has never really built a team into playing a successful brand of football, and every game it always seems to be about his team grinding out wins with himself being the biggest star of the show because without his changes and focus on nullifying the opposition's strengths the team won't succeed (even if he has the better team on paper).

He's from the same school of thought as Allardyce, Pardew, etc, just that he's infinitely better than them at implementing negative tactics than them (that plus he's had £30m+ rated players to work with).

And let's not forget his Real Madrid side pretty blatantly instructed to go out onto the pitch and kick lumps out of Messi. Pretty sure Mourinho was in charge too when Del Horno went for Messi's knee. He's just a horrible w*****. Oh, and pretty sure he essentially ended the career of a referee over something. Can't remember the incident, but I'm sure he did, because he is a w***** after all.

Amen. :thup:

Irrespective of tonight's result or whether Chelsea turn it around in the second leg with a 3-0 win, I just feel the need to pop the cork of bottled hate on Mourinho - the guy is a negative w***** and to my "naked eye" is massively responsible for other negative w*****s like Pardew and Allardyce approaching games like they do. I've considered him to be the embodiment of pure footballing evil ever since Rijkaard's Barca turned up and found the Stamford Bridge pitch had been heavily watered overnight by the groundsmen (on Mourinho's orders) despite the fact that it had been raining heavily for an entire day or two. He's a genius no doubt because in that game Barca were constantly slipping and struggled to play their natural game (indeed I recall Chelsea's first goal coming from Xavi slipping whilst turning), but he's an anti-football, win-at-all-costs one who'll resort to anything to get a win other than coaching a creative style of play into his teams. He has never really built a team into playing a successful brand of football, and every game it always seems to be about his team grinding out wins with himself being the biggest star of the show because without his changes and focus on nullifying the opposition's strengths the team won't succeed (even if he has the better team on paper).

He's from the same school of thought as Allardyce, Pardew, etc, just that he's infinitely better than them at implementing negative tactics than them (that plus he's had £30m+ rated players to work with).

And let's not forget his Real Madrid side pretty blatantly instructed to go out onto the pitch and kick lumps out of Messi. Pretty sure Mourinho was in charge too when Del Horno went for Messi's knee. He's just a horrible w*****. Oh, and pretty sure he essentially ended the career of a referee over something. Can't remember the incident, but I'm sure he did, because he is a w***** after all.

There's a reason why Mourinho doesn't stay in one country for very long, because his tactics don't have long term impact and teams soon figure it out.

Its another reason why he's not capable of long term success.... credit to him though he always has a fantastic short term impact and its brought him success.

Agree with most of that.

In the light of what football has become, he's the perfect manager though. Unfortunately.

I don't remember saying Chelsea are better side than PSG, but they certainly are better man-for-man.

Not sure I agree with that at all. Only their full-backs and Hazard would get into that PSG team for me at the minute.

The Inter team didn't play Allardyce / Pardew football, so not sure I agree. His teams do play the counter attack extremely well and he's not an all out attacking kinda guy, so you have a point that he inspires turgid, unimaginative wankers like Pardew and Big Sam.

His single biggest attribute as manager is that the players are usually willing to take a bullet for him, and trust him 100%. He's got that out of almost every core group of players he's managed, and more often than not, they've delivered. He makes them believe they can do anything, and more often than not, they do. It's almost old-school, this mentality.

I don't remember saying Chelsea are better side than PSG, but they certainly are better man-for-man.

Not sure I agree with that at all. Only their full-backs and Hazard would get into that PSG team for me at the minute.

Agree.

I think i'd probably take Terry over Alex as well though, but that's in a fantasy world. In reality having two brazilian CBs is probably better for chemistry.

Guest hatem garrincha

Allardyce / Pardew are extreme comparisons (volontarly I guess) but come on, all Mourinho's teams have been negative and boring as fuck.

Guest VanBarduck

Id certainly fancy Man City or a positive Chelsea side to do any Italian or French side that I've seen in this year's CL. The winner will be Spanish, or Pep's latest project.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZW761xfRsio/Um179QhfAWI/AAAAAAAAAnE/d5PzqR1jgxE/s1600/davidtennant3.gif

The Inter team didn't play Allardyce / Pardew football, so not sure I agree. His teams do play the counter attack extremely well and he's not an all out attacking kinda guy, so you have a point that he inspires turgid, unimaginative w*****s like Pardew and Big Sam.

His single biggest attribute as manager is that the players are usually willing to take a bullet for him, and trust him 100%. He's got that out of almost every core group of players he's managed, and more often than not, they've delivered. He makes them believe they can do anything, and more often than not, they do. It's almost old-school, this mentality.

Yes, but compare him to someone proper old-school, like Brian Clough, who was also like that, but took pride in his teams playing good football and always play fair.

The Inter team didn't play Allardyce / Pardew football, so not sure I agree. His teams do play the counter attack extremely well and he's not an all out attacking kinda guy, so you have a point that he inspires turgid, unimaginative w*****s like Pardew and Big Sam.

Yes, but compare him to someone proper old-school, like Brian Clough, who was also like that, but took pride in his teams playing good football and always play fair.

Definitely. He's unfortunately found his style that's got him results at the very top, so won't be changing what works for him. No way was that ever going to work at Real Madrid, lol, unfortunately.

He's got that mean streak of Fergie / Clough in him which is necessary to succeed at the very top. Sometimes it's not all about tactics. Unless you're Otto Rehhagel, who was just jammy as fuck.

Guest bimpy474

Id certainly fancy Man City or a positive Chelsea side to do any Italian or French side that I've seen in this year's CL. The winner will be Spanish, or Pep's latest project.

Bit bold that Nostradamus...

Bit bold that Nostradamus...

Still don't see why PSG can't win it? Said it 2 months ago or so. If the draw is nice and they play someone like Atletico in the next round they could easily go to the finals and with players as unpredictable as Zlatan, Cavani and Pastore they could easily win. Although I would agree they're the 5th best side in Europe.

Do you dare to laugh at the 'notion of an Italian or French side winning'?

:lol:

You laughed at me and Mole for saying PSG was better than the English teams and with a bit of luck could possibly win the CL. You said Arsenal, City and Chelsea were all better as well.

Agree.

I think i'd probably take Terry over Alex as well though, but that's in a fantasy world. In reality having two brazilian CBs is probably better for chemistry.

Agreed. PSG are stronger man for man but not by much. Fwiw I rate Jose higher than Blanc easily and i'm no Mourinho fan at all.

I said earlier in this thread teams that sit back and tell Chelsea to break them down have every chance of picking up points and we've seen that happen.

I would say - if he thinks his side is very strong. Madrid in La Liga for example, he'll play some good attacking stuff (albeit often on the counter) but in those big games he reverts back to type.

I agee with about 80/90% of what Tmonkey posted.

Ronaldo did underrate PSG in fairness. From the start they had as much chance of winning it as any English side. I expect Chelsea to win at the Bridge but I don't know if the result will be enough.

I'd fancy Atletico to beat them comfortably however if that where the match. The styles greatly favour the Spanish side.