Club statement

Magpie

The statement said "no plans" for capital outlay meaning the players will be given the opportunity to show what they can do. It doesn't say there is no money.  Plans change though and if the players can't cut it then there will probably be players brought in in January.  Nothing to panic about and lets the players know they are valued and won't be discarded over the summer. 

it says 'new capital outlay' which can mean more than one thing.

What can it mean?

just that the club wont take on any new loans. with the extra revenue coming in this season via the prem there may be a little room to manouvere between that and outgoings.

Guest neesy111

hmmm, aren't we due to receive money from transfers though?

i.e.

duff, martins, bassong, n'zogbia and given

I seem to remember in the run up thread of this that it was stated that if their was no statement from the club then Mike Ashley will be hated, and if their was he would be hated, this thread has just about proved that position very correct. Some of you on here are looking at anything you can in this statement to hate Mike Ashley, and you have taken once quote so far out of it's context and out of it's probable meaning to justify your anger towards him again.

Let it be known that it had been said from both the manager and the board about how happy and pleased they were with the squad before the January transfer window, yet the had the sense then to invest in players, I'm pretty sure they will have the sense to invest in the players this transfer window aswell.

Guest fraser

In an ideal world this is just Ashley, pissed again, feeling a little sorry for himself and resenting the fact that we aren't grateful enough; in reality this is not spur of the moment but a 'business plan'. A pretty shit one at that.

could this force players out!

every player has said we need to sign quality players, if they know we're gonna go down, they'll want to jump ship??

Not really. They think they're fucking mint.

I think this financial stability plan is a gamble by Ashley.

Gambling on the collapse of Liverpool and Man Utd and avoiding the fallout by breaking even.

The alternative is to invest a huge chunk on midtable mediocrity.

As a fan, I'd prefer the latter myself.

Guest neesy111

I seem to remember in the run up thread of this that it was stated that if their was no statement from the club then Mike Ashley will be hated, and if their was he would be hated, this thread has just about proved that position very correct. Some of you on here are looking at anything you can in this statement to hate Mike Ashley, and you have taken once quote so far out of it's context and out of it's probable meaning to justify your anger towards him again.

Let it be known that it had been said from both the manager and the board about how happy and pleased they were with the squad before the January transfer window, yet the had the sense then to invest in players, I'm pretty sure they will have the sense to invest in the players this transfer window aswell.

they only got players in, as we we're starting to struggle and had injuries

Same here. Who exactly is badgering the board to comment on contract talks, pay structures and s***? Why do they need to clarify how they deal with agents? ???

It looks like a random rant one of us on here would post.

Guest neesy111

extra income will be at least £30M, probably more like £40M

i was expecting 1/2 of that to be spent

And you think they will let us struggle in this league?, for crying out loud they and Hughton know we need some players, but as they have said it won't be a squad overhaul. Mike Ashley wants Newcastle in the Premiership as much as we do, after all why would he of invested in players in January if he didn't, injuries or no injuries he saw that our chances of going up would of been more limited without any additions. I don't believe he is stupid enough not to invest in new players.

Guest neesy111

And you think they will let us struggle in this league?, for crying out loud they and Hughton know we need some players, but as they have said it won't be a squad overhaul. Mike Ashley wants Newcastle in the Premiership as much as we do, after all why would he of invested in players in January if he didn't, injuries or no injuries he saw that our chances of going up would of been more limited without any additions. I don't believe he is stupid enough not to invest in new players.

they did in january 2009

Whatever way you try to twist it it's a fucking stupid statement to come out with. If they do plan to spend on players then it could have been worded a hell of a lot better and it's like they are either fucking morons (likely) or for some reason deliberately trying to piss off the fans before they have purchased a season ticket.

Guest elbee909

Then why not say nothing, instead of saying something that can only be taken negatively?

they did in january 2009

And we got relegated and they learnt a lesson.

He even says establishing ourselves as a Premier league club in the statement, showing he has plans of staying in this league.

Guest neesy111

they did in january 2009

And we got relegated and they learnt a lesson.

He even says establishing ourselves as a Premier league club in the statement, showing he has plans of staying in this league.

seems like they havent by this statement

they did in january 2009

And we gt relegated and they learnt a lesson.

It doesn't seem like they have.

Ashley spent in January because he couldn't afford for us not to go up. This time he can't afford for us to go down again, so I'd still expect him to spend a bit. The worry is the delusion that our Championship squad is good enough.

f***s sake people :lol:

I could go on and post a picture of a storm in a cup, a doctor hitting a patient on his knee and so on. I won't.

READ what Stifler has written in here. That's all.

Guest toonlass

Stifler, I for one, while not being an Ashley enthusiast, was more than willing to give the bloke a chance when he bought the club. I have no doubts that John Hall and Fred Shepherd were leading us to bankruptcy and possibly relegation. In the 2008/2009 season Ashley fucked up massively. The whole Keegan farce and everything that happened after has been raked over with a fine tooth comb and doesn't need to be done again. However I think most of us would agree that this season in the Fizzy Pop league has been good for us, we have a team spirit like we haven't had before. We did way better than I think anyone expected. However we were lucky a lot. There were times we scraped a win, or even a draw. We all acknowledged that things had to change in the Premiership or we would be back in the Championship before you could say "Sports Direct".

If you think its some kind of Ashley hating going on here then in one way I suppose you are right. However any owner would be getting a hard time if they did what Ashley is doing. Ok he wants to stabilise the club financially, and that is sensible. But I don't want to be a yo-yo club or worse so that Mike Ashley can balance the books. Anyone with half an idea about football knows that we need to strengthen our squad to stay up next season. It's not a matter of "Ashley haters" having another go, it's a case of de ja vue. We can see another season of pain and heartache coming up culminating in the humiliation of being relegated again.

Then why not say nothing, instead of saying something that can only be taken negatively?

Because they were showing they had faith in Chris, they will not get involved in on the pitch matters, and they promised a little while back to keep intouch with the fans as much as they possibly can. This is them saying they are not saying how much Chris will have, they are interested in keeping the club in a good finacial position, they want to get the best out of the young players in the future and they will not confirm or deny any press rumours in the summer. To me that sounds like a bloody good plan.

f***s sake people :lol:

I could go on and post a picture of a storm in a cup, a doctor hitting a patient on his knee and so on. I won't.

READ what Stifler has written in here. That's all.

No offence to Stifler but.... sorry I can't finish that without offending him.

As said, the statement is just fucking stupid. It's obvious it will be taken negatively so why even bother releasing it.

There is no way you can dress this up to look good.