Club statement

Magpie

There will be money for the manager to spend, just it will be the TV money, which although is increasing hugely next season, will be the same as what the other clubs have. The challenge is for the manager to get a good performance:£ ratio.

All in all though, a lot of worrying stuff in there.

The first team squad that won the Championship this year will form the basis of the team for next season in the Premier League. There is no plan for new capital outlay on players.

It says the players will form the basis i.e the foundations blah blah blah. I still think we will sign players and I really don't care how much we spend as long as we get the right type of players. It was always going to be a battle next season and I hope we get some younger players in from france etc

Guest Brazilianbob

The statement said "no plans" for capital outlay meaning the players will be given the opportunity to show what they can do. It doesn't say there is no money.  Plans change though and if the players can't cut it then there will probably be players brought in in January.  Nothing to panic about and lets the players know they are valued and won't be discarded over the summer. 

There will be money for the manager to spend, just it will be the TV money, which although is increasing hugely next season, will be the same as what the other clubs have. The challenge is for the manager to get a good performance:£ ratio.

All in all though, a lot of worrying stuff in there.

That would surely mean outlaying that cash for transfers. They have said they wont do that.

You can't really avoid 'capital outlay' unless you do not pay a penny in transfer fees, signing-on fees or agent's fees. So I suspect that they've worded this rather crucial section rather badly.

Does sound like Mike is now in debt repayment mode. He must be off his head to think the fans are just going to let him bail-out his own fucked investment.

The statement said "no plans" for capital outlay meaning the players will be given the opportunity to show what they can do. It doesn't say there is no money.  Plans change though and if the players can't cut it then there will probably be players brought in in January.  Nothing to panic about and lets the players know they are valued and won't be discarded over the summer. 

By which time we could be pretty fucked.

Guest elbee909

Hanlon's Razor applies here.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Hanlon was good in Father Ted, at least.

I hope this is just another one of their efforts to spread misinformation but as usual, they have created more confusion and more questions than answers.

The press is already reporting this as NUFC have no money to buy new players and can only afford freebies and loan players.  I hope other clubs don't see this as an open invitation to put in bids for our better players.

It is all very well saying that we have to break even but in order to do that, we have to stay in the Premier League

This could be Ashley putting the club up for sale again, trying to get interested parties to show their hands while fans are kept at a safe distance close season.

Guest toonlass

Tbh I am speechless. I thought Ashley had learned his lesson this year. Obviously not.

He may as well have just put the club up for sale again.

Ah well, next season will be even more depressing than last now.

I would have been more hopeful if he had.

That statement is pointless and stupid, I worry about the mentality of whoever decided to come out with it but it does look very much like the “Fact” statement which they published when Keegan walked out.

I can’t work out who the intended audience is/are or why they’ve even bothered to publish it.  :idiot2: 

He may as well have just put the club up for sale again.

Ah well, next season will be even more depressing than last now.

I would have been more hopeful if he had.

Same here. Sick of it all now, he's never going to learn.

it says 'new capital outlay' which can mean more than one thing.

That statement is pointless and stupid, I worry about the mentality of whoever decided to come out with it but it does look very much like the “Fact” statement which they published when Keegan walked out.

I can’t work out who the intended audience is/are or why they’ve even bothered to publish it. :idiot2:

Same here. Who exactly is badgering the board to comment on contract talks, pay structures and shit? Why do they need to clarify how they deal with agents? ???

Guest toonlass

it says 'new capital outlay' which can mean more than one thing.

What can it mean?

Guest neesy111

could this force players out!

every player has said we need to sign quality players, if they know we're gonna go down, they'll want to jump ship??

could this force players out!

every player has said we need to sign quality players, if they know we're gonna go down, they'll want to jump ship??

Every thing about the statement is self destructive.