Club statement

Magpie

I think we really have to sit on the fence on this one, I honestly don't think "no capital outlay for players" means we won't invest in new players, I do go along with the views that it means we won't but a budget on it, and we won't get into debt for it it, but we will invest. We really have to see what the summer brings, and is it's a World Cup year it usually means that transfers get put aside for a while so this could be a long summer for us, lets just sit back and enjoy the world cup.

can i just say for the record. when i say that 'no new capital' may not mean no cash, i mean it's just a possibility. i haven't got a clue which way it will actually go..............................now where's me fence.

we gonna buy players on a credit card then?  :lol:

the one thing i will say is we wont be using outside money that the club hasn't earned.

can i just say for the record. when i say that 'no new capital' may not mean no cash, i mean it's just a possibility. i haven't got a clue which way it will actually go..............................now where's me fence.

we gonna buy players on a credit card then?  :lol:

the one thing i will say is we wont be using outside money that the club hasn't earned.

:thup:

It's beyond that tbh. The numbers quoted are probably about right but it's like Ashley believes his previous PR disasters at Sports Direct and NUFC are the way to get the job done. Absolutely f*cking clueless.... 

I was trying to put the statement into some kind of perspective and couldn’t think of anything else.  I still can’t work out who this is meant to be aimed at and why it’s come about when things seemed to be going so well and people were thinking the club was starting to look professional in the way it was being run.

All I can think of is the damage that this will have done to the club and I still can’t think of a better example to use, they are clueless morons.

Where's the money coming from then if were to spend something which isn't "new capital?"

We know they're incompetent and untrustworthy and unworthy of a club like ours. They know they're unwelcome and they also know they're not likely to be able to sell the club anytime soon. So of course releasing this sort of statement makes perfect...erm...sense. Right?

:suicide:

Like I said last year....

Which club should you try to emulate to make a profit without any risk? Only 5 clubs reported a profit in the most recent accounts.  Blackburn (7th), Spurs (11th) and Fulham (17th) all earned about £3m.  But West Brom earned over £11m...in the Championship.

If you want to be profitable, you just have to maintain a championship squad that can occasionally go up and guarantee a pay day and a parachute when you fail to invest again.

We know they're incompetent and untrustworthy and unworthy of a club like ours. They know they're unwelcome and they also know they're not likely to be able to sell the club anytime soon. So of course releasing this sort of statement makes perfect...erm...sense. Right?

:suicide:

:lol:

It must make perfect sense to them.

Where's the money coming from then if were to spend something which isn't "new capital?"

the extra revenue from the prem,tele money etc. as it is expected and budgeted for, where as 'new outlay' to me could mean 'new debt'.

reading literally 'new capital' would be any new cash they get which they'd have to spend on wages and day to day costs anyway so they can't say they wont spend any 'new capital', so to me 'new capital' could be monies from outside of the expected. ie loans, increased overdrafts etc.

Guest neesy111

I'd like to know who the fuck at the club thought NOW was a good time to come out with this shite?

Why today, sunday eveining, after the prem league has just finished?

Not saying there is a good time or whatever, but why now? are they trying to hide something?

good day to bury bad news

I'd like to know who the fuck at the club thought NOW was a good time to come out with this shite?

Not saying there is a good time or whatever, but why now? are they trying to hide something?

The club's shut down for 2 months and everyone linked to it is away on holiday.

Perfect time to create a shit storm and walk away.

:lol: by publishing a load of bollocks on your club's website. Yeah.

Which club should you try to emulate to make a profit without any risk? Only 5 clubs reported a profit in the most recent accounts.  Blackburn (7th), Spurs (11th) and Fulham (17th) all earned about £3m.  But West Brom earned over £11m...in the Championship.

If you want to be profitable, you just have to maintain a championship squad that can occasionally go up and guarantee a pay day and a parachute when you fail to invest again.

They didn't do that though so your quoted post makes as much sense as the club statement or your post that you made on another forum accusing everybody on here of defending the statement.

Guest neesy111

:lol: by publishing a load of bollocks on your club's website. Yeah.

the fact their isn't a word of this on SSN would say it is, as they usually would be yellow tickering this

Chelsea absolutely tear another side apart & we reveal we won't be buying any better players for next year.

They didn't do that though so your quoted post makes as much sense as the club statement or your post that you made on another forum accusing everybody on here of defending the statement.

That's exactly what they've done.  Wheras the bold bit is not at all what I've done, to quote myself....

The majority on N-O do agree it's a crock of shit

the extra revenue from the prem,tele money etc. as it is expected and budgeted for, where as 'new outlay' to me could mean 'new debt'.

reading literally 'new capital' would be any new cash they get which they'd have to spend on wages and day to day costs anyway so they can't say they wont spend any 'new capital', so to me 'new capital' could be monies from outside of the expected. ie loans, increased overdrafts etc.

In the statement they say "There is no plan for new capital outlay on players."  That basically rules out spending on new players if they are to stick to that unless they are prepared to spend what is still outstanding from previous player sales.

If they meant they wouldn’t borrow to finance player purchases then that is what they should have said, they didn't say that.

In the statement they say "There is no plan for new capital outlay on players."  That basically rules out spending on new players if they are to stick to that unless they are prepared to spend what is still outstanding from previous player sales.

If they meant they wouldn’t borrow to finance player purchases then that is what they should have said, they didn't say that.

Might it mean Ashley will not finance deals from out of his own pocket?

even if that is so it is still better than the prevailing idea of ' we wont be buying any new players'.

what is the outstanding ammount we are owed from transfers i wonder ?

There's a massive difference between trying to explain why they might have done it and actually defending them for doing it.

It's a baffling statement though.

The only thing I can really think is they are trying to tell the press how it's going to be in terms of media stuff and making sure the supporters know rather than hearing it from the press.  Why not just improve their relationship with the press instead?

Can't get my head around the rather strange lowering of expectations before the season ticket money has been collected.