Club statement

Magpie

I'm sure if Rooney hadn't been so good he'd have had tonnes. I remember a quote during the season from Neil Warnock on Goals on Sunday saying he must be due his Under 21s testimonial match soon. :lol:

I'm sure if Rooney hadn't been so good he'd have had tonnes.

I because if he hadn't of been as good he would of naturally been as good for the U21's :lol: I am sure if Messi had of been born in London & not good enough for the England full team he would of won a load U21 caps as well more than Rooney I reckon.

You do remember Shola was a regular at this level ahead of the likes of Crouch, Defoe & C.Cole? And Ambrose was a regular at this level also, as was Steve Taylor, as was Steve Watson...

You do remember Shola was a regular at this level ahead of the likes of Crouch, Defoe & C.Cole? And Ambrose was a regular at this level also, as was Steve Taylor, as was Steve Watson...

What bollocks Defoe (10th most capped player) I think you will find played a stack of games upfront with Shola & played for the U21's more. I still think getting the most caps for U21's is a achievement you don't & this getting quite boring.

Yep playing loads for the Under 21's means f*** all, the best players will usually play very few games at that level.

James Milner is one the best English players right now. Shearer & Lamps are some of it highest goalscorers.

Yep playing loads for the Under 21's means f*** all, the best players will usually play very few games at that level.

James Milner is one the best English players right now. Shearer & Lamps are some of it highest goalscorers.

As are Jeffers, Cort, Shola & Mark Robins.

Agreed though, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Exactly. Fabrice Muamba & David Prutton have 25 caps each man. :lol:

That is like saying every full England international should be judged on Carlton Palmer 18 caps & Terry Fenwick 20 caps.

If Milner was that good upto last year, do you not think he'd have at least been called up to the full squad given he's been a Premier League regular for at least 5 years? He's only really been touted as a full international the last year or so, and rightly so because he's playing like an international footballer now. He hadn't in the past, hence the vast number of games for the Under 21s.

Exactly. Fabrice Muamba & David Prutton have 25 caps each man. :lol:

Not seen much of Muamba playing for Bolton but when i've seen him play for the Under 21's he's been really good.

Speaking of sell-on clauses, I wonder if we've got one for N'Zogbia? Might be a little bit of cash coming in shortly if we have as Birmingham look as if they'll offer £10m for him.

Speaking of sell-on clauses, I wonder if we've got one for N'Zogbia? Might be a little bit of cash coming in shortly if we have as Birmingham look as if they'll offer £10m for him.

Considering N'zogbia was viewed as a complete pain in the arse by more than one Newcastle regime I'd be surprised if we looked for a sell on clause, but I'd be shocked if Wigan would have even considered letting us have one.

Good quotes in one of the papers today from Ruud Gullit.

“It’s great the way Newcastle came right back – and the way they did it, in style, was fantastic. It can be very hard to play in a different league.

“But they need to buy new players and there’s no money. So, can they stay in the Premier League with this team? I don’t see it ­happening.

“They’ve already made a loss this year. There’s no money.

“Some people talk about fans having too high ­expectations but that’s not true in my opinion. I think they have a right to want their club to do well.

“Newcastle United are a great club and they have got massive potential. Their situation is a worry. It doesn’t often happen that teams who get promoted stay in the top division for a long time.

“We have seen it with the clubs going down at the end of last season.

“The budget is a problem. The gap between the top six teams and the rest is too big.

“It’s massive. The Premier League can only be successful if everybody can have a chance to win it.

“What should make the top flight attractive is if you can lose to anyone. Nowadays that just doesn’t happen.”

Guest Brummiemag

Gullits comments are spot on in my opinion, in terms of Newcastle and the Premier League in general

Bad manager, good bloke.

yup, don't agree with all he said there but hes made a good point on the divided nature of pl. But decent bloke none the less and gets no ill will from me (unlike his co pundits on sky)

Him & Souness are fucking awesome pundits doing the Champions League. Would probably say they're my favourite two. Both men put Redknapp to shame.

Him & Souness are fucking awesome pundits doing the Champions League. Would probably say they're my favourite two. Both men put Redknapp to shame.

because they actually know how to win the european cup.

because they actually know how to win the european cup.

Never mind that, they know how to offer just the slightest bit of interesting analysis and that alone blows Redknapp out the water.

guillits alright (though sitting next to redknapp i'd look half decent as a pundit) souness is quite good but every time i see him im overcome by rage so that counts against him.