Newcastle-Online: Reds v Blues match (all forumites welcome) - JULY 17

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blues were very lucky today - very, very lucky.

:lol:

I sensed a distinct lack of morale from the Blue camp, so I decided to throw the game by missing several 'sitters' in order to lift their spirits for the remainder of the day.

I hope no-one minded?

Guest Heneage

Celebration of the game must go to Dans goal. Was great fun mind, and Discos meltdown was priceless.

Well it was a canny game. I thought we were better than the 6-2 scoreline, but we went a bit hell for leather a little too early. Also, it would've been nice to have a proper keeper. Either way, blues won, enjoy it.

And I'm not sure how my goal constitutes a fluke, but whatever makes you feel better, I'm happy with it :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was an alreet game, not sure how many times we hit the crossbar, but it was too many times. Was good to see people outside of the forum personnas too. Madras is a top bloke  :thup:

Celebration of the game must go to Dans goal. Was great fun mind, and Discos meltdown was priceless.

what meltdown was that fat controller? Ref was balls.

As I predicted the strongest team won comfortably. No suprise having 2 or 3 as many subs/ringers to bring  on compared to us and we had a part time keeper

Guest Heneage

what meltdown was that fat controller? Ref was balls.

As I predicted the strongest team won comfortably. No suprise having 2 or 3 as many subs/ringers to bring on compared to us and we had a part time keeper

Very gracious mate...

No debate blues desrerved to win kezzy son however never in a month of Sundays am i goin to give you the ball when I'm off the pitch just as you wouldn't. Don't believe I was the only one rankled with the ref re foul throws x

A pleasure as always chaps. :thup: Thanks so much to everyone who came along and very well done on everyone having the cash to pay for the pitch. It's a pity cos the location is so good re: transport, but i'd like to look for somewhere else for next time. Purely out of principal tbh, it's just too much.

With regards to the game, i think someone above nailed it by saying the Reds went hell-for-leather a bit too soon in the second half. Blue's picked apart their defense with ease really, in spite of one or two superb individual defensive performances - notably from Slim and Dino. No match for Crofty and MKSC at the back for us though. Colin's just a man-mountain.

The squads turned out to be hugely lop-sided but that was purely down to Ken, Stu and Stu's mate (all of whom are obviously excellent players) coming along when i'd planned for them not to be. Purely sod's law that they're all Blue-ers. Aswell as Gorilla's tragic injury (get well soon, Neil). So apologies for that, and the team with the best players won through pretty comfortably. That said, for 55/60 minutes it was an extremely tight game with a really good competetive edge to it.

Massively enjoyable as always and thanks again so much to everyone for making it. Top lads, everybody.

Err dino and burnip for them, peter x 2, stu, ken dhal x 2, dan heanage

25,001 foul throws

disco sent off

Goals:

Red Team 1 - 0 Blue Team (Dinotheprehistoricgeordie): shot in the area after a corner wasn't cleared by 4 blue defenders

Red Team 1 - 1 Blue Team (KendhalTomasson) 30-yard top-corner curling effort from left hand side of pitch.

Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team (JamesGodden) one-two into penalty area, rounded keeper and poked home from acute angle

Red Team 1 - 3 Blue Team (Dan Heneage) break down the right, ball played across the box and confidently slotted home

Red Team 2 - 3 Blue Team (SEMTEX) 35-yard looping scud-missile, took the shot early and surprised the defence

Red Team 2 - 4 Blue Team (Peter) ??

Red Team 2 - 5 Blue Team (Stu) 35-yard sand-wedge over a confused NUT.

Red Team 2 - 6 Blue Team (Peter) Left footed finish from close range after a counter-attack

Guest GallowgateKev

Was a canny game lads, pitty everyone wasnt around to have a night out. Although we have london to look forward to in a few weeks, should be a cracking trip :-)

Well done blues, well organised and deserved the win. However, the reds will be back, comprende!

Won't bother with ratings but a few stand-outs for me:

Colin - Like i said, absolute man-mountain. He never shuts up either which is absolutely vital. He's arguably got the best footballing brain out of all of us and really good technique n'all. Just a quality, quality player. I know some lads notched a couple of goals but he's got to be man of the match for me. Can't speak highly enough of this guy as a footballer.

Greg - As flummoxed as the rest of us after Dan's pearler but performed an awesome double-save later on.

QBG - The Geordie Jose. Mint attacking full-back.

Burnip - Best i've seen Dan play in a while tbh. Bollocks to this fluke nonsense, that goal was a super, super finish. Flummoxed everybody.

Slim - Never thought he'd been so dominant in the air but there was times towards the end of the second half where he looked like the only capable Red defender. Really good performance, especially in that second half.

Dino - This guy is silky smooth. Confident and assured at the back for the Reds in the first half, took his goal well n'all in spite of having a load of space. I gather he had some time off the pitch in the second half, which was just a monumentally stupid decision on the Red's behalf. The calmest and most assured defender out of all of em.

Won't bother with ratings but a few stand-outs for me:

Colin - Like i said, absolute man-mountain. He never shuts up either which is absolutely vital. He's arguably got the best footballing brain out of all of us and really good technique n'all. Just a quality, quality player. I know some lads notched a couple of goals but he's got to be man of the match for me. Can't speak highly enough of this guy as a footballer.

Greg - As flummoxed as the rest of us after Dan's pearler but performed an awesome double-save later on.

QBG - The Geordie Jose. Mint attacking full-back.

Burnip - Best i've seen Dan play in a while tbh. Bollocks to this fluke nonsense, that goal was a super, super finish. Flummoxed everybody.

Slim - Never thought he'd been so dominant in the air but there was times towards the end of the second half where he looked like the only capable Red defender. Really good performance, especially in that second half.

Dino - This guy is silky smooth. Confident and assured at the back for the Reds in the first half, took his goal well n'all in spite of having a load of space. I gather he had some time off the pitch in the second half, which was just a monumentally stupid decision on the Red's behalf. The calmest and most assured defender out of all of em.

Alright, you big fucking suckup!  :fishing: