Newcastle-Online: Reds v Blues match (all forumites welcome) - JULY 17

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just out of interest does anyone remember how I landed when I broke my hand?  I can't really remember if I landed on my hand, which I'm guessing what happened.

i think it was a shot mate not the way you landed, saw you wince after you pushed the ball away, no idea who kicked it though. f***ing nightmare man hope it gets sorted out soon.

Cheers, the doctor was sure I'd landed on it due to the type of break as I wasn't really sure what happened, but it was close range from what I remember.

it's hard to remember they way you have your hand when yo do stuff. i broke the 4th metacarpal in march and the doc reckone my hand must have been making a fist but i'm sure i had my hand out wide to break my fall. (i even heard the click as it happened,knew it was broke but didn't go to the docs for two days because of something i had to do at work, see kids,hard as 'kin nails us old blokes!)

How long did it take to recover to normal?  I've done the 4th and 5th and the 5th has displaced to the right, but the 4th is in line or whatever they say.  Never boken a hand before.

i was 4 weeks in plaster and 4 weeks off work after that. still sore now when i make a fist or grip something for more than a minute or so it hurts and even goes numb or i get pins and needles, think there may be some nerve damage.

Ah bollocks!, supposed to start my new job a week on monday.

Edit:Altough I work in IT and I can type this so should be reet, what do you do?

are you in plaster yet ? i had an intial plaster that went from my elbow to over my fingertips, that lasted one day till i went to the trauma centre and they replaced it with a one from elbow to the base of my fingers, middle two fingers strapped together and told to keep moving the fingers and to keep using my hand for doing buttons etc.

In a flat slab cast atm, which just covers the underside of my arm and they said its just temp (to see what happens with the swelling i think) and coming off on tues when i go to see the surgeon to see if i need a pin, or theyll replace it with something else.

Just out of interest does anyone remember how I landed when I broke my hand?  I can't really remember if I landed on my hand, which I'm guessing what happened.

i think it was a shot mate not the way you landed, saw you wince after you pushed the ball away, no idea who kicked it though. f***ing nightmare man hope it gets sorted out soon.

Cheers, the doctor was sure I'd landed on it due to the type of break as I wasn't really sure what happened, but it was close range from what I remember.

it's hard to remember they way you have your hand when yo do stuff. i broke the 4th metacarpal in march and the doc reckone my hand must have been making a fist but i'm sure i had my hand out wide to break my fall. (i even heard the click as it happened,knew it was broke but didn't go to the docs for two days because of something i had to do at work, see kids,hard as 'kin nails us old blokes!)

How long did it take to recover to normal?  I've done the 4th and 5th and the 5th has displaced to the right, but the 4th is in line or whatever they say.  Never boken a hand before.

i was 4 weeks in plaster and 4 weeks off work after that. still sore now when i make a fist or grip something for more than a minute or so it hurts and even goes numb or i get pins and needles, think there may be some nerve damage.

Ah bollocks!, supposed to start my new job a week on monday.

Edit:Altough I work in IT and I can type this so should be reet, what do you do?

are you in plaster yet ? i had an intial plaster that went from my elbow to over my fingertips, that lasted one day till i went to the trauma centre and they replaced it with a one from elbow to the base of my fingers, middle two fingers strapped together and told to keep moving the fingers and to keep using my hand for doing buttons etc.

In a flat slab cast atm, which just covers the underside of my arm and they said its just temp (to see what happens with the swelling i think) and coming off on tues when i go to see the surgeon to see if i need a pin, or theyll replace it with something else.

lucky my x-ray came back ok which meant no need for surgery, bloody awful pain mind moving my wrist after the cast came off.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Expect jokes about it affecting your love life  :pow:

hasn't affected my love life,as i said i'm ok up to a minute. :snod:

:lol:

cheers to my fellow reds for the praise like, to be honest i thought i was steady in the first half but shaky in the second, i've not played for so long my fitness is terrible and lets not forget i very nearly put a sublime finish past my own keeper but was bailed out by nut, who was brilliant again, really enjoy playing alongside you mate.

not that i want to criticise too much but it was coming back at us far too quickly like and we were all shattered in defence by the second half, plus the addition of a couple of pacey players up front for the blues in the second half and they just ran round us easily.  that said i thought heza's work rate up front was top notch for us and he held his own in the air against colin which is no mean feat, the man is colossal.

the best team won, lots of fun as always lads and nice to meet a couple of new faces.

Cheers mate - I'm very unfit too, if I wasn't I might have been able to do a bit more.

I thought 6-2 was flattering in all honesty. Well played Blues, but I think we must have hit the woodwork about 4 or 5 times, besides missing a few 'sitters'/'golden opportunities'. On a different day, with a striker up front other than me from the off I think we would have at least drawn level.

That being said, I thought the two centre halves for the Blues were solid as a rock and had good understanding.

For me Turnip was our man of the match and Greg for the Blues since his ginger hair put me off scoring.

There will be a next time regardless, and next team my team WILL win. Opposing players, you have been warned.

I've just realised now that the Blues' right-winger who scored one wasn't Dave. :lol:

Even when I shook his hand after the game I said "well played Dave". I'm guessing that was Stu's mate then?

Someone else said that, I think people must have thought that marriage is a form of growth hormone :p

who was the left back for the blues ?............earlier in the thread i asked for a runner as in cricket.........i got one !

oh, my nephew liam (holland top, 2nd half sub for the reds) really enjoyed his game, says he was a bit nervous to start with , he's only 16 after all,but i thought he did well when he settled in. even took the ball off me once, thats a tenner less he'll be getting for his birthday.

I've just realised now that the Blues' right-winger who scored one wasn't Dave. :lol:

Even when I shook his hand after the game I said "well played Dave". I'm guessing that was Stu's mate then?

:lol:

http://uktv.co.uk/images/standarditem/m/579396_m.jpg

You need to change your username to trigger. :nods:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

who was the left back for the blues ?............earlier in the thread i asked for a runner as in cricket.........i got one !

oh, my nephew liam (holland top, 2nd half sub for the reds) really enjoyed his game, says he was a bit nervous to start with , he's only 16 after all,but i thought he did well when he settled in. even took the ball off me once, thats a tenner less he'll be getting for his birthday.

Aye, was impressed with Liam, was thankful to have some support on the right in the 2nd half.

Fill in as appropriate:

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41

Blue 3 - 1 Red

'55 Stu [stupeedo]: after a spell of pressure by the red team, the blues finally cleared their lines and got the ball down into the red half near their corner flag. A series of throw-ins kept the pressure on the red defence but without any real danger, a sharp pass from t'Dave seemed harmless enough but Stupeedo controlled it, then produced an outrageous turn to fool his namesake on the red team before launching a simply stunning 30-yard lob which sailed over the red keeper's head. The shot was so opportunistic that the entire red team (and most of the blue team) were convinced it was simply an overhit cross that got caught in the wind. Rich knew differently though and was the first to congratulate the 'somersaulting' [readas: forward roll] Stupeedo

For the non-believers, i.e. Colin, amongst us.

Nick (QBG), absolutely bombs forward but I'm thinking of investing in a bungee-belt for him to wear in the next NOFC game :pow:

Think Nixon's brother (Dan - with '20 Heneage' on his shirt) is the same age, pretty good environment for the younger lads to get experience of playing non-age bracket football. Seemed to have a decent game although I wasn't really watching him with you man-marking him O0

Fill in as appropriate:

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41

Blue 3 - 1 Red

'55 Stu [stupeedo]: after a spell of pressure by the red team, the blues finally cleared their lines and got the ball down into the red half near their corner flag. A series of throw-ins kept the pressure on the red defence but without any real danger, a sharp pass from t'Dave seemed harmless enough but Stupeedo controlled it, then produced an outrageous turn to fool his namesake on the red team before launching a simply stunning 30-yard lob which sailed over the red keeper's head. The shot was so opportunistic that the entire red team (and most of the blue team) were convinced it was simply an overhit cross that got caught in the wind. Rich knew differently though and was the first to congratulate the 'somersaulting' [readas: forward roll] Stupeedo

There was nothing wrong with your goal yesterday mate. An excellent finish, although the 6 foot keeper standing in the six yard box should be a little disappointed with himself. However your pass to the regulars which deflected and somehow found it's way luckily to a team-mate and led to a goal, was an awful ball. You properly got away with it.

I still love you though.

I know that, but this fucking woeful wap site doesn't show any signs that it's not just a part of the regular post, and I'm just scanning this shit. Get the fuck over it.

:laugh:

I assumed Dave meant fakeDave and rich was another one of your 27 ringers.

'fakeDave' (James) was the only 'ringer' as such that we had (and I really think 'ringer' is stretching it, I said I would be bringing a 'runner' - that's basically what I did :lol:) knew Disco Mark would have a whinge about the 'unfair teams' but I didn't think you would...

Fill in as appropriate:

Blue 1 - 0 Red

'19 Jamie [King Kev]

Blue 1 - 1 Red

'30

Blue 2 - 1 Red

'41

Blue 3 - 1 Red

There was nothing wrong with your goal yesterday mate. An excellent finish, although the 6 foot keeper standing in the six yard box should be a little disappointed with himself. However your pass to the regulars which deflected and somehow found it's way luckily to a team-mate and led to a goal, was an awful ball. You properly got away with it.

I still love you though.

No worries, my worst pass was trying to play it 5-yards across the pitch to you...should have been watching my Xavi tapes more carefully, ending up underhitting it (!) woefully and giving Kev a shooting chance on the edge of the box :doh:

Last time I try and pass the ball to you...lesson learnt! :razz:

EDIT: I quoted the original goal because I'm sure Rocker used almost the exact phrase to describe Saturday's goal :D

Guest Heneage

It was a shot imo.

Nick (QBG), absolutely bombs forward but I'm thinking of investing in a bungee-belt for him to wear in the next NOFC game :pow:

Think Nixon's brother (Dan - with '20 Heneage' on his shirt) is the same age, pretty good environment for the younger lads to get experience of playing non-age bracket football. Seemed to have a decent game although I wasn't really watching him with you man-marking him O0

He is aye, just turned 17. Still going on about how he's now '2 for 2'.

Don't worry Stu, everyone plays bad passes every now and then. Everyone's been very complimentary about my game but I know I mis-placed passes on a few occasions and there was more than one instance (more like 5 or 6) of me nipping in to win a ball and it spooning off my toe straight to an opponent leaving me well out of position.

I'm very harsh on people making simple mistakes with the basics of the game, and that includes myself.

I'm fucking pig sick of right-back now like. Absolutely hopeless there. Would love a go elsewhere but i suppose it's gotta be earnt.

Where else do you see yourself playing??

:lol: I do put my fair share of tackles in as well.