The World Cup

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Babatunde, I only saw parts of the first half so I'll ask you: please tell me that attempt at football earlier isn't representative of how you'll generally play in South Africa... is it?

Man I didn't even watch it. I knew it wouldn't be worth the time. :lol: It's the first match with this manager and mostly he started players who are lacking fitness/may be the preliminary cuts from the squad. Especially in the first half actually. If we are playing like that come the last friendlies, I'll be worried, but as someone experienced with Nigerian football this doesn't stir me. Honestly, man you should have asked me before watching. I could have saved you the time.

Haruna Lukman is supposed to have played pretty well though, which is encouraging as he has been balling for Monaco. Also pleased to see Ikechukwu Uche trying to gain fitness. He can embarass any defender.

• 2 weeks later...

Spain to beat Brazil in the Final.

Argentina to beat England in the 3-4 match.

The way my bracket works, England have the easiest ride to the semis and Argentina have to go through Germany. With Germany's injuries I think the Argies will make it through and lose to Spain in the semi.

Guest kingdawson

Babatunde, I only saw parts of the first half so I'll ask you: please tell me that attempt at football earlier isn't representative of how you'll generally play in South Africa... is it?

Man I didn't even watch it. I knew it wouldn't be worth the time. :lol: It's the first match with this manager and mostly he started players who are lacking fitness/may be the preliminary cuts from the squad. Especially in the first half actually. If we are playing like that come the last friendlies, I'll be worried, but as someone experienced with Nigerian football this doesn't stir me. Honestly, man you should have asked me before watching. I could have saved you the time.

Haruna Lukman is supposed to have played pretty well though, which is encouraging as he has been balling for Monaco. Also pleased to see Ikechukwu Uche trying to gain fitness. He can embarass any defender.

Getafe Uche?

Yeah i like him. Looks like a really good player from what i've seen of him. Fast as hell and a hell of a finisher on his day (but then i've seen games where he's been totally useless...weird).

Don't think they're excellent at all tbh. Holland are 10/1 and RVP is 14/1. I know they're linked but 66/1 doesn't strike me as good value.

Not that I don't think they have a good chance. RVP as top scorer is generally a good shout - he shouldn't be short of service, either.

Can't really look beyond Brazil and Spain but I've got a feeling the Argies will do well. If Messi, Tevez and Higuain click then they'll just brush past most teams.

Don't think they're excellent at all tbh. Holland are 10/1 and RVP is 14/1. I know they're linked but 66/1 doesn't strike me as good value.

Not that I don't think they have a good chance. RVP as top scorer is generally a good shout - he shouldn't be short of service, either.

Dependent on staying fit i see RvP and Sneijder being two of the star performers and creating a formidable partnership. I hope so. Top scorer and Holland to get to the final at 33/1 and to win at 66/1 for me.

I think Germany might win it though, need to get to the bookies before start of tourno

I reckon:

A: Uruguay and Mexico

B: Argentina and Nigeria

C: England and USA

D: Germany and Serbia

E: Holland and Denmark

F: Italy and Paraguay

G: Brazil and Portugal

H: Spain and Chile

...although there'll probably be a shock. Even South Africa have a chance - home support could take that poor group of players through.