The World Cup

Taylor Swift
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain & Brazil, with Italy & England as the only other possible winners. Actually think this is the most closed shop World Cup in a while. Can't see Germany or Portugal going past the last 8, and Argentina & France might get to the Semis on squad ability alone, but have numpties running the show which will stop them going all the way.

Argentina England Spain Germany in the semi's. Italy too old, Brazil will end up caught between solidness and flair, France just aren't very good anymore, Netherlands have nothing impressive in defence.

Other with a good chance of a surprise I would say Portugal/Ivory Coast and the USA.

Got to be Brasil although i hope its not due my disdain of Brasileiros.

Would love to see Argentina win it if England don't though purely as means Maradona will go even more mental (if that is possible)

The press conference after the win, man, that would go down on history  :lol:

He doesn't eate North Korea though.

Eat North Korean? Neither do I.

Obviously he doesn't eat North Korea, have you seen the size of him? He eats Brazil and Russia most nights.

I selected Other, and by that I mean Nigeria of course. People will laugh and say the odds are long and that it is blind faith, but I do truly believe this team is capable of a good run. The team is by no means fantastic, but I believe we have players to compete with anyone, especially since all the relevant players (bar the flaky Euros like Onuoha and Aogo) will be there. It isn't that difficult really. Finish second in the group, beat France/Uruguay/Mexico/SA and suddenly you are in the quarterfinals. From there anything can happen. Simply ask Greece.

Besides our bid, I think Spain are the favourites. I don't wish them to win, but they have an easy group and a great group of talent. I actually think Brasil is the best team, but that group is too treacherous for me to declare them favourites.

Can't see Portugal not breaching the Ivorian defence. The individual names look alright, but the evidence tells me it is not even one the better in Africa. The lack of keeper will hurt them as well. They still have a very good chance to do something though.

Can't see Portugal not breaching the Ivorian defence. The individual names look alright, but the evidence tells me it is not even one the better in Africa. The lack of keeper will hurt them as well. They still have a very good chance to do something though.

The Ivorian defence was a joke when they were playing Algeria IIRC in the African cup. I think people in Europe make them out to be something they're not. Got beat by Korea 2-0 recently too i think.

They still got that joker Boubacar Barry in goal?

Think Spain will win it.  Probably Spain vs Brazil final.  They just have too many top quality players.  Brazil do too, but I think the Spain ones are more in their prime/peak.  Curious to know how Argentina, Holland and Italy do.  Messi easily make Argentina extremely dangerous, however I don't believe Maradona really knows what he is doing compared to top managers at International level.

The Ivorian defence was a joke when they were playing Algeria IIRC in the African cup. I think people in Europe make them out to be something they're not. Got beat by Korea 2-0 recently too i think.

Barry is still #1. At the moment he's all they have. Really I think for Cote D'Ivoire and Nigeria alot comes down to whether they can be stabilised and organized by Sven and Lagerback respectively. Both had very poor managers beforehand, so it will be interesting to see how many of the problems were the result of that.

Barry is still #1. At the moment he's all they have. Really I think for Cote D'Ivoire and Nigeria alot comes down to whether they can be stabilised and organized by Sven and Lagerback respectively. Both had very poor managers beforehand, so it will be interesting to see how many of the problems were the result of that.

Fully agree with that.

Diego Milito 36/1 to win the golden boot. Worth a shot?

Not guarenteed starter by any means.

Babatunde, I only saw parts of the first half so I'll ask you: please tell me that attempt at football earlier isn't representative of how you'll generally play in South Africa... is it?

Every day I grow more and more confident about England. We face a possible Semi-Final against Brazil or Holland honestly under Capello I think we could beat both of them. All hinges on how Lampard and Rooney play they are the key players for me.

On an entirely different note, I can really see France being knocked out in the group stages. Mexico are 11/1 to reach the QFs, I'll have a bit of that.