The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Some World Cup Bets (done on Paddy Power):

1) Spain, Argentina, England, Holland and Italy to win their groups                                 £2 returns £12.70

2) Japan, North Korea, Slovenia, Australia and Honduras not to finish in the top 2          £2 returns £7.18

3) Luis Fabiano to be Brazil's top scorer                                                                           £2 returns £5.50

4) Cameroon to go the furthest out of African teams                                                       £1 returns £4.50

5) Spain to be the highest scoring team                                                                           £1 returns £4.50

6) Spain to get exactly 9 points in group                                                                          £1 returns £2.40

7) North Korea to concede the most goals                                                                       £1 returns £6.50

8) Honduras to concede the most goals                                                                           £1 returns £10.00

9) Brazil 1st, Ivory Coast 2nd in Group G                                                                          £1 returns £3.50

Couple of those are risky, but overall I'm quite pleased with that.

Unbelievable. Only 3, 5, 7/8 and 9 have a chance.

Anyone know what the situation with the team top scorer bets is when there's a joint top scorer? Albeit it's looking unlikely unless Kaka does something, Gyan and Hernandez have both got one.

Say you have bet for Rooney to be the England top scorer, and both he and Heskey put two each, you will get half the odds on Rooney

Alright. Well, I've got Gyan (aye cheers SEMTEX, forgot about that penalty yesterday), Hernandez and Kaka as a treble. As I say, I need Kaka to sort his life out.

The only other group bets that have a chance at the moment are the 5-fold to qualify: Chile to do so, and Algeria, Aussies, Greece and Japan (hmm...) not to; and an audacious couple of quid on the group placings to be Brazil-Portugal, Holland-Denmark, and England-USA (an even bigger hmmm - not even sure if those placings are possible anymore).

you dont get half the odds you get half the stake, it is the same as a dead heat in racing, half your bet would win and half would lose, if there were three joint winners it would be split 3 ways ext...

Guest BooBoo

Got 50p on Italy 5-1.

:lol:

Was 50/1 and when it was 1-1 relatively quickly I thought here we go, I'll get a good run for my pennies! Oh well.

blew £30 today

put £5 on Fabiano to score the next goal @ HT won £30

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/just_boy_uk/dbdaaa3d.jpg

had £5 on Brazil to win 3-1 £70

not a bad day after all