The 2010-2011 Betting Thread - forum gamble fails, Ash's fault.

Kaizero

Is anyone on here actually up on the World Cup? :lol:

Only those who haven't bet on the World Cup matches I think.

I'm 250 € down - which is way over what I've had as limit. Have stoped now, will maybe, just maybe get into it again as soon as the next round comes around.

Just wait for Tippeligaen, man. Just 14 days left until the money starts rolling in again on a weekly basis.

Is anyone on here actually up on the World Cup? :lol:

Only those who haven't bet on the World Cup matches I think.

I'm 250 € down - which is way over what I've had as limit. Have stoped now, will maybe, just maybe get into it again as soon as the next round comes around.

Just wait for Tippeligaen, man. Just 14 days left until the money starts rolling in again on a weekly basis.

Aye, hope so. I might have to bet on everything you suggest as "safe" to get my money back.  :lol:

Can we have some Tippeligaen tips please next season, i don't think i won a single accumulator last season on it.

the moral of the story being if you can look at a coupon and find confidently predict one winner you can make a profit.

Can we have some Tippeligaen tips please next season, i don't think i won a single accumulator last season on it.

the moral of the story being if you can look at a coupon and find confidently predict one winner you can make a profit.

And that I've been giving tips in this thread pretty much every week, and have a 77% correct prediction rate. :lol:

And that I've been giving tips in this thread pretty much every week, and have a 77% correct prediction rate. :lol:

Fuck off. :lol: Everyweek there was some sort of "shock result" that shoouldn't have happened.

Fuck off. :lol: Everyweek there was some sort of "shock result" that shoouldn't have happened.

I'm not fucking off, I did the math earlier. :lol: There were three shock results fucking over an accum over the course of thirteen rounds, that's hardly every round. One example is Stabæk - Sandefjord that ended 1-1, in Tippeligaen terms those two teams are as far apart on paper as England and Algeria. If that's not an unlikely upset before the match starts, I dunno what is. :lol: Viking - Brann in the first round looked an upset, but as the season progressed it shone through that it wasn't as they were different quality, but that was hard to judge before the first round. Rosenborg not winning a match in the Norwegian league is always an upset these days, imagine a Premier League with Chelsea and 19 Wigan's, that's how far apart Rosenborg is quality wise from the rest tbh. You'd naturally back Chelsea to win against Wigan at least 99 times out of 100.

I've counted my dnbs and avoid at all costs as hits, though. Also counted the cup rounds.

Still, I find it impressive and I'm well, well up. You guys keep not doing my double accs/triple accs and adding/replacing teams, though, I think that's the issue here as I'm winning. :lol:

Edit: Re-reading I went well OTT defending myself, but I got wound up as I'm really proud of my Norwegian punditry success as it's basically my only betting money maker. Really, I don't go much in plus on anything else. :blush:

Anyone know what the situation with the team top scorer bets is when there's a joint top scorer? Albeit it's looking unlikely unless Kaka does something, Gyan and Hernandez have both got one.

Anyone know what the situation with the team top scorer bets is when there's a joint top scorer? Albeit it's looking unlikely unless Kaka does something, Gyan and Hernandez have both got one.

Gyan has 2 :thup:

Guest Supersylt

Say you have bet for Rooney to be the England top scorer, and both he and Heskey put two each, you will get half the odds on Rooney

Anyway, signed up at boylesports, put £20 on paraguay to win (after they had scored). It'll win me a fiver if it comes off. I get two free £20 bets from this anyway, with which I will probably just cover with £20 regular bets and see if I can make a few pennies the boring way.

Say you have bet for Rooney to be the England top scorer, and both he and Heskey put two each, you will get half the odds on Rooney

Alright. Well, I've got Gyan (aye cheers SEMTEX, forgot about that penalty yesterday), Hernandez and Kaka as a treble. As I say, I need Kaka to sort his life out.

The only other group bets that have a chance at the moment are the 5-fold to qualify: Chile to do so, and Algeria, Aussies, Greece and Japan (hmm...) not to; and an audacious couple of quid on the group placings to be Brazil-Portugal, Holland-Denmark, and England-USA (an even bigger hmmm - not even sure if those placings are possible anymore).

Anyway, signed up at boylesports, put £20 on paraguay to win (after they had scored). It'll win me a fiver if it comes off. I get two free £20 bets from this anyway, with which I will probably just cover with £20 regular bets and see if I can make a few pennies the boring way.

woop

Guest BooBoo

Paraguay to win this game were 11/10. Good odds considering how woeful Slovakia were in their first game, wish I'd had more than a fiver on them.