Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

Is he massively slow? He looks it.

By Premier League standards aye, which is my main worry, however, he can find a position to score. Just has to be seen if he can do it in a league better than League 1/Championship quality.

Having no pace makes us very easy to defend against, teams can push up and squeeze us in the middle of the park where we have poor quality ball players and thus we lose the ball easily. Happened a lot in the season we went down. Only really Routledge and at a push Jonas with any pace in what i'd imagine our starting XI to be next season.

Are people's opinions that Lovenkrands is too much of a gamble up front in the Premiership?  I would rather he played than we signed Boyd tbh.

I'd keep him but I'd buy an equivilant replacement, someone nippy with pace in behind etc. Lovenkrands all round game & finishing isn't up to it in my opinion to be a regular starter in the Premiership.

Guest njkman

to be honost, even if we do get him in and he flops, at least we can sell him on and make a couple of million off him as boyd is available on a free...... mcleish will take him at Birmingham...

Thing is, if he flops it's likely to cost us our Premiership status.

One player will not cost us our Premier Leage status, it will take a whole team effort. Hes not my first choice striker as I think we need someone a wee bit nippier, but he has proven where he has played he can be prolific. The only reason he is leaving Ranger is because they cannot afford him, as they have a lot of players on their books. He is one of the Rangers players who has been held in high self esteem and like them when he moves on, whoever it is, I hope he can just be as good as them. I mean the likes of Charlie Adams and Alan Hutton.....  

Charlie Adam who has yet to play in the Premiership and Alan Hutton who has been indifferent at Spurs you mean?

Barry Ferguson, Boumsong......

boomsong was not held in high regard as most Rangers fans knew before he left how bad he really was, they snapped that 8 million right off us, yes the same Barry Ferguson who has done quite well at Birmingham? and the same Alan Hutton who has played the most games at spurs, but has played a few for sunderland on loan and shown he can actually play in the premier league. In reference to charlie adams, I said i hope he did well at his new club as other players have gone on to do, I did not say anything about Premier League, just merely stating they have gone on to do well despite comming from a lesser league, which charlie adam and chris burke, bother who played on saturday have....

By Premier League standards aye, which is my main worry, however, he can find a position to score. Just has to be seen if he can do it in a league better than League 1/Championship quality.

Having no pace makes us very easy to defend against, teams can push up and squeeze us in the middle of the park where we have poor quality ball players and thus we lose the ball easily. Happened a lot in the season we went down. Only really Routledge and at a push Jonas with any pace in what i'd imagine our starting XI to be next season.

Are people's opinions that Lovenkrands is too much of a gamble up front in the Premiership?  I would rather he played than we signed Boyd tbh.

Would rather have Lovenkrands playing instead of Boyd as well.  At least Lovenkrands has some pace to burn.

I think the point is that Hughton is trying to build a good squad of players who have a good attitude and something to offer on the pitch. OK, Boyd isn't my type of player but the deal is financially sound (if it happens) and he'll be chomping at the bit to prove himself.

He's not "the answer" but he'd be a sound addition to a growing squad.

I think the point is that Hughton is trying to build a good squad of players who have a good attitude and something to offer on the pitch. OK, Boyd isn't my type of player but the deal is financially sound (if it happens) and he'll be chomping at the bit to prove himself.

:clap2: quite right

Kris Boyd scored 21 goals this year and last year 25, he would be great signing!

:facepalm:

:lol: there's nothing more to support his optimism than there is your blind negativity. It's essentially a lottery how he will perform in the Premier League.

Good news if true, he's better than Lovenkrands, Shola and Best.

How many times have you actually seen him play? im from Glasgow and even the Rangers fans think he is a lazy bastard. Cant score against decent teams, his record against Celtic and in Europe is shite

if its someone better than those 3 players we want fine but he aint that much better

Would rather have Lovenkrands playing instead of Boyd as well.  At least Lovenkrands has some pace to burn.

Hoe many times have you seen Boyd play? He's twice the player that Lovenkrands is. Gers fans would laugh at your post.

If it goes through, we'll have Carroll, Shola, Lovenkrands, Boyd, Best, Ranger (if he doesn't go out on loan).

I'd love for Hughton to get rid of Best.  If he can't score for us in the Championship, he'll struggle even more in the PL.

Hoe many times have you seen Boyd play? He's twice the player that Lovenkrands is. Gers fans would laugh at your post.

Read one post above yours.

Guest njkman

just get him in the 18 yard box and hes more than likely to score, rather get him that a marlon harewood type back..... lets not play it safe all the time....

How many times have you actually seen him play? im from Glasgow and even the Rangers fans think he is a lazy b******. Cant score against decent teams, his record against Celtic and in Europe is s****

if its someone better than those 3 players we want fine but he aint that much better

He's better than those 3 = Improvement. Who cares if he isn't great, we can't afford or attract great players and won't until we starting building from the bottom and earning a touch of credibility.

Read one post above yours.

In other words, you've never seen him play.

How many times have you actually seen him play? im from Glasgow and even the Rangers fans think he is a lazy b******. Cant score against decent teams, his record against Celtic and in Europe is s****

He's better than those 3 = Improvement. Who cares if he isn't great, we can't afford or attract great players and won't until will starting building from the bottom and a earning a touch of credibility.

IIRC you were delighted we signed best coz we needed a striker. Look how that turned out lol

If he's free...and on next to nowt. These are the sorts of players we now need unfortunately. The reason we went down was because of the spineless players etc....and of course the manager situation but the players didn't help.

Remember that second half against Villa?

He's better than those 3 = Improvement. Who cares if he isn't great, we can't afford or attract great players and won't until will starting building from the bottom and a earning a touch of credibility.

IIRC you were delighted we signed best coz we needed a striker. Look how that turned out lol

You remember wrong, i wasn't delighted, just willing to give him a chance.

It turned out that Lovenkrands and Carroll started scoring lots of goals. And we no longer had to play that waste of space gangsta wannabe.

It turned out that Lovenkrands and Carroll started scoring lots of goals. And we no longer had to play that waste of space gangsta wannabe.

Ranger is brilliant IMO.

He's better than those 3 = Improvement. Who cares if he isn't great, we can't afford or attract great players and won't until will starting building from the bottom and  earning a touch of credibility.

Absolutely. :nods: