Kris Boyd joins smoggies

ianovthetoon

Wow ads classic case of missing the point

it's got fuck all to do with us being in Europe or not. I think most agree Rangers opponents in the SPL apart from Celtic are of championship standard or less. The point being his poor record against Celtic and 3 goals in Europe is hardly prolific against better opposition.

Can't believe I had to explain that

Who would you sign on our budget instead?

what's our budget?

EDIT: i'd go for a loan myself ahead of Boyd - have to agree that he's scored a lot of goals against shit up in Scotland, just don't see him cutting it...a lot might depend on the type of game we play though and how hughton expects him to fit into that, i.e. no point in loaning or signing a great technical striker if we're gonna be hoofing the ball up and looking for scraps in and around the box, in that case Boyd might be what the doctor ordered

Next to nothing.  Loans often aren't 'free' either, who would you get on loan?

Wow ads classic case of missing the point

it's got f*** all to do with us being in Europe or not. I think most agree Rangers opponents in the SPL apart from Celtic are of championship standard or less. The point being his poor record against Celtic and 3 goals in Europe is hardly prolific against better opposition.

Can't believe I had to explain that

:facepalm:

We need someone who can consistently score against the dross in the league if we want to stay up. Kris Boyd will do that.

I personally couldn't give a fuck if he can get us a consolation goal against Chelsea while we get raped 8-0.

Guest WashyGeordie

Lol just coz he's free means nothing. If we got Best on a free. Aye he'd be free but he'd still

be s***

Who else are we going to get then?

Apart from maybe Harewood on loan again or something.

Lol just coz he's free means nothing. If we got Best on a free. Aye he'd be free but he'd still

be s***

Until he's had a chance at the club, there's no justification in making such a sweeping statement.

Typical Newcastle way, write the guy off before he's even had a chance just because he didn't score against Celtic and European teams.

be s***

Until he's had a chance at the club, there's no justification in making such a sweeping statement.

Typical Newcastle way, write the guy off before he's even had a chance just because he didn't score against Celtic and European teams.

Yep, seen this many times on this forum "he is shit", "gawd he is awful", "he wouldn't get in my team" some of the players go elsewhere and do well.

Its fkcing madness, especially with our current state, I honestly think some people have played FM, pro evo or FIFA far to much on their games box.

children,children, the argument of whom he has scored against is crap, as crap as using "assists" to judge a player.

andreas andersson scored at old trafford and anfiled for us. it means fuck all when trying to gauge how good/bad a player is.

children,children, the argument of whom he has scored against is crap, as crap as using "assists" to judge a player.

andreas andersson scored at old trafford and anfiled for us. it means f*** all when trying to gauge how good/bad a player is.

And Stamford Bridge...and scored against England. :lol:

What do people want then, a player from Scotland who can't score against the dross, would that make them feel better.  :lol:

;D

I think  people understand the situation we are in but cant accept that we wont be in the hunt for high end players.

Having said that Boyd is a Scotch int and seems to have a canny record.  But hey ho, Torres might fancy coming here for a laugh.

TBH

A better option is Maynard from Bristol City, who is quicker, better all round player, younger and has a better re-sal;e value, if that is what Ashley is looking at and he can be bought for 3 million quid and half the wages we would have to pay Boyd.

andreas andersson scored at old trafford and anfiled for us. it means fuck all when trying to gauge how good/bad a player is.

:thup:

Shearer should never have been picked for Euro 96, his International record in the two years leading up to it was shit after all. 

I understand people defending the possibility of this because of the lack of budget, the goals he's scored etc. But in my opinion signing Boyd now would be a mistake regardless of the fact he's on a free and has a decent scoring record in SPL.

He isn't good enough to get 10 in a Prem season if we're all being honest and thats with good service. He has nowt about him that can influence a passage of play or really create something for himself and in a season when we're going to be defending to the hilt the majority of the time I think he would be a luxury we can't afford and without providing much luxury.

We need to play the waiting game a bit longer, see what we can get on a shoe string budget. I think he would be a wasted singing and prevent us from bringing in someone better in the next couple of months. Someone younger who's going to run around like a headless chicken and get 10 goals, 5 of them being tremendously flukey. Who'll tackle, pass and run, chase the ball to the touchline and try and whip a cross in... thats what we need!

Guest BooBoo

I took in a match at Hearts before christmas and it was fucking dreadful. 0 0 v Dundee United and the standard wasn't even on a par with the Championship. Best part of the match was the half time meat and potato pie.

TBH

A better option is Maynard from Bristol City, who is quicker, better all round player, younger and has a better re-sal;e value, if that is what Ashley is looking at and he can be bought for 3 million quid and half the wages we would have to pay Boyd.

he'd cost more than that. 

I took in a match at Hearts before christmas and it was fucking dreadful. 0 0 v Dundee United and the standard wasn't even on a par with the Championship. Best part of the match was the half time meat and potato pie.

I've seen a lot of Premier League games like that.

I took in a match at Hearts before christmas and it was f***ing dreadful. 0 0 v Dundee United and the standard wasn't even on a par with the Championship. Best part of the match was the half time meat and potato pie.

You wouldn't be saying that if you went to the 6-6 game a couple of weeks ago. Can't just judge it on that. Hearts are awful.

Guest toonlass

How many times do people need to have seen him play before they are allowed to credibly judge the bloke?

73 and a 1/2

How many times do people need to have seen him play before they are allowed to credibly judge the bloke?

i'd say at least half a dozen but only by the right people. purely my opinion but some people haven't got a clue what to look for.

TBH

Why? Hooper is a much better player and he's gonna go for between £2m and £2.5m

Guest Roger Kint

TBH

Why? Hooper is a much better player and he's gonna go for between £2m and £2.5m

:facepalm: As if thats how football works man

Bristol City turned down £5m because they dont need to sell.