Official Fifa Fantasy World Cup Newcastle Online League & Predictor League

Guest neesy111

So basically you can change as much as you want throughout a particular game week? It's not one starting XI to see you through all the first group games, etc?

Yeah but if you take somebody out they lose their points. So it's not that much of a benefit really.

*  If you remove a player who has scored points for your team, these points will be lost. The player cannot be brought back into your team until the next round.

* It is not possible to make substitutions after matches on the last day of the round.

* If a substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions will take place on your team that round.

So basically, if I pick Ledley King in my first 11 and he goes off injured after 5 minutes, I can sub him the following day for someone who I think will collect more than 1 point.

Just been reading those rules... 

Does that mean that if I have a player who got me let's say 10 points - and his team will drop out of the WC, so I would sell him - every of those 10 points will be lost?

Or is it allowed to transfer players after each round without losing points?

Guest Roger Kint

Just been reading those rules... 

Does that mean that if I have a player who got me let's say 10 points - and his team will drop out of the WC, so I would sell him - every of those 10 points will be lost?

Or is it allowed to transfer players after each round without losing points?

Think it says if you make a transfer in the next round it costs you 3 points each

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm tempted to make a team as Mike Ashley, put all the £1m rated players in the 23 and keep the rest of myself - fuck the World Cup.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm tempted to make a team as Mike Ashley, put all the £1m rated players in the 23 and keep the rest of myself - f*** the World Cup.

:laugh:

Unless I'm misunderstanding the rules, as well as subbing your players to gamble on bench players getting more points (if they play later on), can you not just keep changing your captain to gamble on who is going to get the most points?

e.g.

I put Evra as captain as France are playing early on, any points he gets should be doubled. If he doesn't get many, I then change the captain to the next player to play to see how well he does. I assume you can't change the captaincy back to a player who has already played, but surely you just keep changing it until someone does really well.

You can change your captain each round, not each match.

You can change your captain each day as long as he isn't sent off or has already played, so mouldyuk is spot on, and pretty much everyone who has posted a team since I pointed this out is still making this mistake.

For instance I have Webo in my XI and Ronaldo benched to start, see how players get on and then decide the morning before whether to replace a player with Ronaldo.

Guest firetotheworks

You can change your captain each day as long as he isn't sent off or has already played, so mouldyuk is spot on, and pretty much everyone who has posted a team since I pointed this out is still making this mistake.

For instance I have Webo in my XI and Ronaldo benched to start, see how players get on and then decide the morning before whether to replace a player with Ronaldo.

That's fucking stupid.

That's fucking stupid.

Why? If I have 5 at the back most of whom play early, and two early strikers, I can wait to see who get the clean sheets and goals. If they do well, then it is unlikely that Buffon, Pepe, Kaka, Xavi, Ronaldo and Villa will do any better so they stay on the bench. However if scores are fairly low, then you can gamble by switching to the big guns.

Guest firetotheworks

That's f***ing stupid.

Why? If I have 5 at the back most of whom play early, and two early strikers, I can wait to see who get the clean sheets and goals. If they do well, then it is unlikely that Buffon, Pepe, Kaka, Xavi, Ronaldo and Villa will do any better so they stay on the bench. However if scores are fairly low, then you can gamble by switching to the big guns.

I dont mean that the use of it is stupid, but that the rule is stupid, it takes away any risk and forsight. It also means that I'll have to piss around with my team more than I want to. Once a round would be fine, but cbeing able to change your captain before every match is just just OTT.