Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Easy way for the Germans to the quarters then.

:fishing:

Nah we can do it man. Germans have looked impressive but they have weaknesses we can exploit for sure.

yeah they cant play against immobile overrated clueless players.

To be honest, I think you'll be a different team against Germany (if your players have common sense, which they probably don't) as I think England have serious troubles really controlling a match against a lesser team. Against a "better" side, you'll not be expected to attack and can be more controlled and sneak a winner.

Germany are too organised and intelligent for us, we're going to need a bit of luck. Rooney hitting the post and the two or three other misses today now look immense. This really was a group made in heaven for Eng and we've fukced it up.

I can see that goggled eyed freak doing us some permanent damage, ie scoring the winner or diving to win a pen dumping us out. I think stick someone on 1st half who's main job is to injure him the n sub him when job done.

Ghana played some great stuff, pleased for them, they should have no problem doing over the Yanks.

Re-watching those highlights we should have fucking hammered them tbh. Rooney, Gerrard and Defoe (again) should have all scored.

Lampard too when he had that open net from the rebound. Cut the neck off that badly.

I can see that goggled eyed freak doing us some permanent damage, ie scoring the winner or diving to win a pen dumping us out. I think stick someone on 1st half who's main job is to injure him the n sub him when job done.

Ghana played some great stuff, pleased for them, they should have no problem doing over the Yanks.

Ghana were shit. Naive at the back, running down blind alleys, taking too many touches and when they started giving up having pops from 50 yards. Usa will beat them.

Delighted.

Was rooting for Ghana and then I suddenly realized that meant that US would play Germany in the next round. Could already hear all you English complaining how Germany had lucked out (again) and were handed an easy path to the final, and then they scored. I was gutted and glad at the same time. Even though I think this German side is pretty poor, they are still Germany and they would definitely score against the US backline.

Pretty happy about facing Ghana....they'll be tough to break down but are relatively toothless. Very beatable.

Podolski up against Johnson.  :harry:

It's over.

I'm guessing you didn't see Germany v Serbia, because Podolski was shite in that game - a dozen chances that all went into orbit. Except the shite pen, of course...

In the day's only important fixture, Australia battled to what turned out to be a meaningless victory over Serbia who were better technically but didn't show enough ruthlessness. They should have buried us in the first half.

When we went 2-0 up there was hope we'd go through, because it only needed another goal from us and one more from Germany. In the end though one of the best keepers in Europe this season had a Robert Green moment and there was never any chance after that. Shattered - all I can think is "if only Pim hadn't bottled it against Germany"

From what I've seen from the group matches: Germany to crush England, USA to coast past Ghana - I'd be surprised if the bookies even took bets on either game ;)

Ghana

Uruguay

USA

South Korea

One of them will make the Semis, man what a chance let up. I know you could say you have to beat the best, but now we're gonna have to beat 4 'top' teams rather than just 2 :(

The Green mistake combined with the late Usa goal have taken their toll. Whatever happens I can't win. The Germans will take the piss or moan for a week. Fucked.