Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now that would be stupid. Why don't they just snap the trophy into four and give them each a bit. Everyones a winner, yaaaaaay!

... Or they would have a trophy for each player.

So if theres no Villa goal tomorrow is it Muller Golden Boot for his 3 assists?

Bookies will still pay out if you have any of the 4, it will just be 1/4 of the original odds.

For definate you haven't backed the "Golden Boot winner" rather than the highest scorer?

Yeah, backed top goalscorer.

Confident wor David will sort me out and win it outright.

Now that would be stupid. Why don't they just snap the trophy into four and give them each a bit. Everyones a winner, yaaaaaay!

Are you nuts?

Are you? They do that with pretty much every other individual award and in other sports too when there's a tie. And it's the only fair and logical way.

Bookies will still pay out if you have any of the 4, it will just be 1/4 of the original odds.

Is that definitely what happens?

Aye, is with Toals anyway.. and I just checked with bet365 and they are the same so I'm assuming same goes with every bookmaker.

TOURNAMENT BETTING

Top goalscorer

Goals scored in 90 minutes and extra time count. Penalty shoot-out goals do not count. Dead-Heat rules apply (rather than the player receiving the Golden Boot etc).

If they insist on having a tiebreaker (which they shouldn't) for the top goalscorer having goals scored in qualifying would make just as much sense.

But then some players had the oppurtunity to play more games in qualifying. Do you suggest like Goals per game ratio or something?

If they insist on having a tiebreaker (which they shouldn't) for the top goalscorer having goals scored in qualifying would make just as much sense.

But then some players had the oppurtunity to play more games in qualifying. Do you suggest like Goals per game ratio or something?

Same goes in the actual WC. Some players play more games than others, but not suggesting anything really, just pointing out the absurdity of it.

Same goes in the actual WC. Some players play more games than others, but not suggesting anything really, just pointing out the absurdity of it.

Yeah but players play different amounts of games in the real thing due to injuries, suspensions or just not being selected. In qualifying the teams might actually play more games.

For example Netherlands only played 8 games in qualifying while Uruguay played 18.

I agree thought, it's a bit stupid and the least minutes thing is the best idea.

....Or give it to the player who has the fewest minutes.

:thup:

sorry but that makes the least sense of anything

In the case of a tie, the player that reached their total in the shortest amount of time gets it. I like it.

Are you nuts?

Are you? They do that with pretty much every other individual award and in other sports too when there's a tie. And it's the only fair and logical way.

Alright, if the match tomorrow is a draw after 90 minutes lets just share the world cup between them.

No, you have extra time, if it's still a draw you have penalties. Same kind of thing applies to the golden boot award. There can only be one winner.

Alright, if the match tomorrow is a draw after 90 minutes lets just share the world cup between them.

No, you have extra time, if it's still a draw you have penalties.

:lol: surely you can see the difference?

Individual awards are by-products of the events on the pitch.

No, you have extra time, if it's still a draw you have penalties.

:lol: surely you can see the difference?

Yeah, but still. I don't like shared awards. It's the Golden Boot ffs, not 'boots'.

Just talking about it on ITV now... what a joke. Unsurprisingly typical FIFA logic though.

What do you suggest they do? Draw it out of a hat?

Leave it as a tie, obviously.

I take it you are looking for Villa to score at least one and Spain to win tomorrow. What was the bet again?

Guest BooBoo

In a dream world and you could sign one or the other for Newcastle, who would you go for: Forlan or Rooney?

This is very random, and most likely mentioned previsouly but having seen Patrick Kluivert being interviewed, I glanced at his Wiki page. This was at the bottom of his "Personal" information.

"On 24 September 2007, Kluivert's wife Rosanna Lima gave birth to a baby boy, named Titus Bramble in honour of his former strike partner"

:lol: