Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The poor saps in Brazil are wanting answers why a team like Spain won. The punters over there have been getting fed lines like "you can't win with flair" or "you cant play through the middle" for years & now Spain win. Someone also mentioned most quick players in Brazil are getting  moved to the wing back positions, result being the national team does not have as many fast attacking midfield/forward players coming through. Leonardo is the front runner for the Brazil job as most domestic coaches in Brazil set there teams up like Dunga & the nation is not keen on that. Leonardo has not coached in Brazil or lives there which will count against him.

Pato and Neymar and there are plenty more of fast player. Enough of that bs now. Thank you very much.

The reason the coaches in Brazil won't get the job is because they have no international experience.

Leonardo is not the front runner, and hes made it clear that he has not talked ot the CBF (federation) also the man wanted for the job is Scolari but he ahs a contract with Palmeiras until 2012.

I would love either though, i love Leonardos job at Milan (shit players, except Pato) but still did a very decent job.

And last but not least, Spain's 'flair' is not our flair, our 'flair' is scoring goals and going forward, Spain scored 8 throughout the world cup and were just passing the ball along (they were the most attractive playing team though).

Spain lead the Total Shots stat, however. I presume half of them are Xabi Alonso sending the ball a mile over the bar from 40 yards, though.

EDIT: Just checked and we also lead the shots on goal stat, but Argentina has a better average.

And last but not least, Spain's 'flair' is not our flair, our 'flair' is scoring goals and going forward, Spain scored 8 throughout the world cup and were just passing the ball along (they were the most attractive playing team though).

Very true. In my opinion Brazillian's flare is always about the deadly penetration. The heart pumps 10x faster whenever Brazil attack / counter attack. Luck, statistic, reality and defensitve capability of other countries mean that Brazil are not going to win everytime. But I think Brazil should not abandon their traditional flair. It is proven to work.

Frank Lampard has now hit 39 shots at World Cups without scoring, more than any other player since 1966.

What a surprise. World Class.

Guest Stephen927

Frank Lampard has now hit 39 shots at World Cups without scoring, more than any other player since 1966.

What a surprise. World Class.

He is for Chelsea.

The poor saps in Brazil are wanting answers why a team like Spain won. The punters over there have been getting fed lines like "you can't win with flair" or "you cant play through the middle" for years & now Spain win. Someone also mentioned most quick players in Brazil are getting  moved to the wing back positions, result being the national team does not have as many fast attacking midfield/forward players coming through. Leonardo is the front runner for the Brazil job as most domestic coaches in Brazil set there teams up like Dunga & the nation is not keen on that. Leonardo has not coached in Brazil or lives there which will count against him.

Tim Vickery who writes for the BBC has been saying Brazil's problem for a lot of years is a lack of talented central midfielders, that they're producing athletic midfielders for exporting to Europe rather than proper footballers. Like you say nearly every Brazilian domestic coach is a pragmatist who plays with two defensive midfielders. You think and tbh it's true, I literally can't think of a good ball playing central or deep lying midfielder that Brazil have.

Their midfielders at this World Cup were Melo, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ramires. There's a serious lack of creativity in that lot, just typical destroyers, although Ramires offers a bit more. Only Elano is anything that resembles a creative central midfielder.

Sure there's Kaka and Diego for example but they play much further up the pitch and are second strikers more than anything, they're the kind of players who can hit teams on the break (Kaka in particular relies heavily on his athleticism) rather than actually pass and control a game.

Don't really like Puyol but having played over a decade as a centre back and going up for corners... that semi final goal he scored gave me a hard on! :D

Latest World rankings released by FIFA. Not that they aren't stupid but:

1. Spain

2. Netherlands

3. Brazil

4. Germany

5. Argentina

6. Uruguay

7. England

8. Portugal

9. Eygpt

10. Chile

11. Italy

12. Greece

13. USA

13. Serbia

15. Croatia

16. Paraguay

17. Russia

18. Switzerland

19. Slovenia

20. Australia

21. France :lol:

22. Norway

23. Ghana

24. Mexico

25. Ukraine

26. Ivory Coast

27. Slovakia

28. Turkey

29. Denmark

30. Nigeria

31. Czech Republic

32. Japan

-------------------

36. Rep. of Ireland

-------------------

41. Scotland

-------------------

59. Northern Ireland

-------------------

84. Wales

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8818696.stm

How the fuck are we still 7th? We didn't qualify for the last Euros and were awful in this World Cup. Had a good qualifying but the dross that we were up against makes that worthless.

basically fifa are thick fuckers

...Kaka in particular relies heavily on his athleticism rather than actually pass and control a game.

Seriously? At the World cup he was more static than Viduka was for us.

Which is why he suffered to play at his usual best.

"Their midfielders at this World Cup were Melo, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ramires. There's a serious lack of creativity in that lot"

Yet how many attacking Brazilian fullbacks can you think of though?

Aye, loads:  Maicon, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Marcelo, Aurelio, Andre Santos, Kleber, Filipe Luis, Fabio, Rafael, Cicinho, Adriano, Bastos. In the past Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Carlos Alberto etc..

Which is true but then again haven't Brazil have always have a history of attacking full backs? They've also had a long history of great ball playing midfielders, which they definitely don't atm. I literally can't think of a genuine central midfielder they have.

At the moment I can think of Gilberto Silva, Melo, Ramires, Thiago Motta, Lucas, Josue, Sandro...there's no Socrates, Rivelino, Zico types around.

"Their midfielders at this World Cup were Melo, Gilberto Silva, Kleberson, Ramires. There's a serious lack of creativity in that lot"

Yet how many attacking Brazilian fullbacks can you think of though?

Aye, loads:  Maicon, Dani Alves, Maxwell, Marcelo, Aurelio, Andre Santos, Kleber, Filipe Luis, Fabio, Rafael, Cicinho, Adriano, Bastos. In the past Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Carlos Alberto etc..

Which is true but then again haven't Brazil have always have a history of attacking full backs? They've also had a long history of great ball playing midfielders, which they definitely don't atm. I literally can't think of a genuine central midfielder they have.

At the moment I can think of Gilberto Silva, Melo, Ramires, Thiago Motta, Lucas, Josue, Sandro...there's no Socrates, Rivelino, Fumaca, Zico types around.

FYP for you there mate :pow: