Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Annoying they keep saying Eto'o plays for just "Milan".

Very annoying. Also happened throughout the Champions League aswell though.

it's a given in this country that milan is ac milan and inter is inter milan.

it's a bit like getting annoyed when they say PSV instead of PSV eindhoven.

Not really because plays Eto'o plays for "Inter" and they were/are saying "Milan"!

Think you've misread something maddy.

Annoying they keep saying Eto'o plays for just "Milan".

Very annoying. Also happened throughout the Champions League aswell though.

it's a given in this country that milan is ac milan and inter is inter milan.

it's a bit like getting annoyed when they say PSV instead of PSV eindhoven.

Inter is Inter and Milan is A.C. Milan whatever the country. If you referred to Inter as Milan to an Inter fan you'd probably get a nasty stare or a prompt slap. It's probably pedantic but it really winds me up that they always get it wrong.

i get you now. it's the getting them the wrong way round not the actual mucking around with their names.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

It's not the best mind how a lot of these games seem to be way under capacity.

Not sure what the surprise is over (not saying you're surprised), its been known for over 6 months that the tickets weren't selling. I guess the 'surprise' is that they didn't end up giving them away.

Guest BooBoo

Would you pay to watch this?

Fair point. Although I thought with an African team being involved it would have pushed the attendance up.

Guest BooBoo

Not sure what the surprise is over (not saying you're surprised), its been known for over 6 months that the tickets weren't selling. I guess the 'surprise' is that they didn't end up giving them away.

It just doesnt represent the supposed "Greatest show on Earth" very well. I'm pretty sure the attendances on the whole in Germany were sell outs.

Guest firetotheworks

No idea why Mark Lawrence (money aside) commentates on football, he always sounds like he detests everything he's seeing and would much prefer be somewhere else strangling cats.

Watch a match with Mark Bright. Opinions will change.

It just doesnt represent the supposed "Greatest show on Earth" very well. I'm pretty sure the attendances on the whole in Germany were sell outs.

Been the African teams which have drawn the lowest crowds n all.

Saying that some of the attendances at Euro 96 were an absolute joke.

Thankfully the first of the second group matches is on Wednesday, the games will be far more open as teams know they need to win.

But not before the unstoppable force of New Zealand meet the immovable object of Slovakia in a match already being described as on this Tuesday.

Thankfully the first of the second group matches is on Wednesday, the games will be far more open as teams know they need to win.

But not before the unstoppable force of New Zealand meet the immovable object of Slovakia in a match already being described as on this Tuesday.

:lol: I think I might give that one a miss.

Would you pay to watch this?

It's about the spectacle and the experience though. The fact is thta most can't afford it unfortunately.

I mean, I doubt many England fans would have paid to watch England against USA for the riveting football.

This world cup needs more David Mitchell

:lol: