Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

A Guardian journo on Twitter reckons Paul Ince was on South African tv last night as a pundit and repeatedly referred to Italy as "the Eye Ties".

Guest BooBoo

I love how the pundits always try to make things seem better than what they are. They describe the game as "a little disappointing" when what they really mean is "this is a fucking bag of horse shite. Turn over and watch Deal or No Deal for some excitement and tension."

Guest firetotheworks

Both have been shit. Portugal have been wank, and IC have been shit for not taking advantage.

Ugh, ITV.

Every time you watch coverage of the BBC/ITV you become convinced the other is better,... until you watch the other. Motson and Lawrenson will change my mind soon enough, I'm sure.

Ivory Coast and Portugal... two shots (i think?), both off target.

Man, i'm begging for this World Cup to pick up. Mind, as poor as Portugal have been, Ronaldo's turn and shot has been the best individual piece of skill of the tournament so far imo. Fantastic bit of play.

Not read the thread since last night but Robbie Earle's been sacked by ITV for ticket touting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/15/world-cup-itv-robbie-earle

we want some pictures of the dutch girlies in mini-dresses they wouldn't let in  :clap2:

EDIT - good old sky news

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2010/Jun/Week3/15649551.jpg

Commentary is a bit s****. Thought Ivory Coast did really well. Quite entertaining.

Agreed. It's been cagey but interesing to watch. Expecting it to continue to pick up going into the second half.

These pundits are just thick. These two are obviously not going to come out too gung ho as they are wary of losing the game bearing in mind Brazil is also in the group.

The second round of games will surely at least have some sort of urgency to them as some teams will be facing elimination if they lose.

Exactly! This is usually when things pick up. The very first round of games are always this sort, because no one wants to be stuck on zero after the first game. It's always like this. Don't know why people are acting as though things are suddenly different.

Guest BooBoo

Was it like this in Germany? I genuinely can't really remember but I do recall that as a whole the group stage was far better than the knock out round.