Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inter have become the platform for all these teams in the World Cup like. Defend deep as fuck, play with 2 or 3 people in attack, the rest only bother with defending.

I'm not one for over reacting, but Mourinho has ruined football forever.

This poll is retarded though. Who wouldn't vote Germany. Every other team their either failed to win, or won exceptionally unconvincingly.

Mike voted for England tbf.

Inter have become the platform for all these teams in the World Cup like. Defend deep as f***, play with 2 or 3 people in attack, the rest only bother with defending.

I'm not one for over reacting, but Mourinho has ruined football forever.

Has Hitzfeld not been playing this way for years?

i hate switzerland. from now on, i boycoutt nestle, lindt chocloate, swiss rolls, rolex watches and swiss army knives. from the bottom of my heart, i hate you  :no:

not only do i have a soft spot for spain, but theyve destroyed the world cup by giving us brazil-spain too early (maybe). absolutely gutted. KSH is a sad panda tonight  :weep:

Judging from the highlights, on another day, Spain would have thrashed the Swiss.

Just wasn't their day in front of goal.

yeah spain had a lot of chances which just didnt go their way but their problem is defence, whats the point of ramos? he cant defend he cant attack what does he do? Pique won't be happy with himself about his role in the goal

Guest geordienorway

Judging from the highlights, on another day, Spain would have thrashed the Swiss.

Just wasn't their day in front of goal.

Del Bosque's tactics were awful imo. Using Busquets is such a waste when they can use Xavi as a holding midfielder and Cesc/Alonso further up the field. If Torres or Llorente had started today Spain would have walked it.

Guest neesy111

I think this shows the shocking standard that football is in generally, premier league was bad for it's standards, along with champions league as well.  I think football, especially european teams are now paying for allowing large amounts of foreign players in their leagues

Del Bosque's tactics were awful imo. Using Busquets is such a waste when they can use Xavi as a holding midfielder and Cesc/Alonso further up the field.

:kinnear:

Which part is wrong? Much like Brazil didn't need both Melo and Gilberto Silva last night, Busquets and Alonso were not both needed today.

His idea is a good one, I think it's the notion of using Xavi as a holding midfielder that warranted the :kinnear: though.

I'd have been inclined to start Llorente instead of Busquets or Alonso, personally. Or possibly Navas, to give them a bit more width. It just seemed like they had too many CM's on the field to me.

Guest firetotheworks

Switzerland did very well in what they did tbh. They never slipped up at any point, which in Spain's defence, is really surprising.

It's impossible to use the first round of group games as an accurate guide. Each game had its own circumsntaces. For example, Australia being defensively inept and on the wrong end of a poor red card decision, England being an absolutely massive game for the US hence no doubt an added effort, and Switzerland are unlikely to be as defensively assured as that for a long, long time.

Take a team of average-to-good players and put a truly World Class manager in charge, and that's why this result happened. Hitzfeld has to take alot of credit.

Spain were very poor. No getting away from this. Of course, credit to Switzerland - I expected at least one mistake but nothing came about.

Del Bosque's tactics were awful imo. Using Busquets is such a waste when they can use Xavi as a holding midfielder and Cesc/Alonso further up the field.

:kinnear:

Which part is wrong? Much like Brazil didn't need both Melo and Gilberto Silva last night, Busquets and Alonso were not both needed today.

Busquets isn't a waste at all.  He's an excellent player and by far the best DM in the squad. 

There isn't a better midflielder in the world when on the ball than Xavi, he also creates many assists.  Why waste him in a position which mostly involves chasing the ball about and covering the defence.  The team doesn't need to be based around Alonso.

Take a team of average-to-good players and put a truly World Class manager in charge, and that's why this result happened. Hitzfeld has to take alot of credit.

Spain were very poor. No getting away from this. Of course, credit to Switzerland - I expected at least one mistake but nothing came about.

They were, but that defence was like the Inter defence at times. Except it was von Bergen and Grichting not Lucio and Samuel. They must have been seriously drilled before hand to be that solid throughout.

Spain's tournament is seriously on the line now, while Honduras and Chile will play into their hands more they've got alot of work to do.

They were, but that defence was like the Inter defence at times. Except it was von Bergen and Grichting not Lucio and Samuel. They must have been seriously drilled before hand to be that solid throughout.

Spain's tournament is seriously on the line now, while Honduras and Chile will play into their hands more they've got alot of work to do.

More pressure, to be exact. They'd have expected to get a win today, even if it wasn't convincing, meaning even if they did slip up in their next 2, they'd probably still go through. What a game Spain-Chile could be.