Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I still think Spain can win because neither Chile or Honduras are capable of playing like Switzerland did, so theres two wins. Then they'll play teams like Brazil, Ivory Coast, Argentina etc. who also can't sit back like the Swiss. Against open sides, Spain will beat anybody.

I still think Spain can win because neither Chile or Honduras are capable of playing like Switzerland did, so theres two wins. Then they'll play teams like Brazil, Ivory Coast, Argentina etc. who also can't sit back like the Swiss. Against open sides, Spain will beat anybody.

Chile are dangerous though, could see it being a high scoring game if this WC wasn't so fucking impotent goal-wise.

Chile are dangerous though, could see it being a high scoring game if this WC wasn't so fucking impotent goal-wise.

They're dangerous from an attacking sense, but they look vulnerable at the back, which plays into Spain's hands. Exciting game for the neutral though.

Hope that will put an end to all the Spain wanking.

Okay, so the man from Cape Verde scores for Switzerland to beat pure-blooded Spain. Parky, have anything to say?

It's alright for the Swiss, nature of the country an all.

Very pleased with Deridyok and Inler.  :razz:

Guest geordienorway

His idea is a good one, I think it's the notion of using Xavi as a holding midfielder that warranted the :kinnear: though.

I'd have been inclined to start Llorente instead of Busquets or Alonso, personally. Or possibly Navas, to give them a bit more width. It just seemed like they had too many CM's on the field to me.

Poor choice of words from my side. The idea was Xavi playing a bit deeper and distributing the ball in Spain's build up play. This creates more options because it allows Cesc to play just off Villa and Llorente. Villa was very alone today, and Del Bosque knew that the Swiss would sit back and go for breaks. It just seems a bit unnecessary to play with 5 in midfield against a inferior side.

I think this shows the shocking standard that football is in generally, premier league was bad for it's standards, along with champions league as well.  I think football, especially european teams are now paying for allowing large amounts of foreign players in their leagues

:dowie:

1966: 2.78

1970: 2.97

1974: 2.55

1978: 2.68

1982: 2.81

1986: 2.54

1990: 2.21

1994: 2.71

1998: 2.67

2002: 2.52

2006: 2.30

2010: 1.64

:undecided:

Wayne Rooney's guess at what pi is has really let us down this year.

:kinnear:

Nah, Brazil have been the most impressive for me.

At least North Korea and the Swiss had their tactics right. The Aussies (and their old legs) tried to press and they got burned. Cahill, a striker?  And two German goals came against ten men.

5 successive clean sheets for Switzerland in World Cup Finals. Must be close to being a record? 4 clean-sheets in 2006 plus today.

Very impressed at how Hitzfeldt deployed gameplan. Very good shape, left Spain passing in neutral areas most of the match.

5 successive clean sheets for Switzerland in World Cup Finals. Must be close to being a record? 4 clean-sheets in 2006 plus today.

Very impressed at how Hitzfeldt deployed gameplan. Very good shape, left Spain passing in neutral areas most of the match.

Hitzfeld is actually one of the very best managers out there. For me he is on par with Mourinho.

Hitzfeld is actually one of the very best managers out there. For me he is on par with Mourinho.

I don't know why, but seeing the words "Hitzfeld" and "par" in the same line made me titter.

Feel a lot better about England now.

very much so. We & Slovenia could very well only need a draw in the last game to go through n all.

Don't count on it.

I'm in no way saying its nailed on. Just a possibility is all. 

Agreed. Never before have I been so interested in Swiss matches.

I don't know why, but seeing the words "Hitzfeld" and "par" in the same line made me titter.

Some english insider "joke" I don't get  :undecided: