Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Does anyone have a link to a picture of the US newspaper that printed 1-1 WE WON!!!!!!!!! on the front page, or something to that effect?

Eeeeh, you're never planning to post it on here are you? That would be dead cheeky.

Does anyone have a link to a picture of the US newspaper that printed 1-1 WE WON!!!!!!!!! on the front page, or something to that effect?

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01064/NYP_280_1064498a.jpg

they are winning again 2-2.

Guest Phil K

BBC is showing that disallowed goal and ranting at the unfairness of it ! "Three fouls there ALL by Slovenians"

Stay like this please.

Isn't a draw the worst result for England?

Why? We want to win the group, so us winning and the other teams not winning will help that.

winning the group could be bad, the result today means you could get the germans that way

So what? The result today showed they're perhaps not as good as everyone thought.

In any case, if we win the group every potential game from then on would be a 7.30pm kickoff. Which I want. :lol:

w***.  We didn't want a draw.

Why??

I just explained it.  If Slovenia win, then they have qualified.  They will have nothing to play for against England who (let's assume for now) hopefully have 4 points.  The only prize they would get for beating England would be a potential game against Germany.  England would only need a draw to go through, and potentially avoid Germany. 

That's just negative IMO, we should be looking to win this group not hoping for results that let us come second.  Also I'd much rather Slovenia need to win and come out and play against us then be happy to put everyone behind the ball and go for the draw.

w***.  We didn't want a draw.

Why??

I just explained it.  If Slovenia win, then they have qualified.  They will have nothing to play for against England who (let's assume for now) hopefully have 4 points.  The only prize they would get for beating England would be a potential game against Germany.  England would only need a draw to go through, and potentially avoid Germany. 

That's unbelievably negative, we should be looking to win this group not hoping for results that let us come second.  Also I'd much rather Slovenia need to win and come out and play against us then be happy to put everyone behind the ball and go for the draw.

And us 'only needing a draw' would only end in tears.

Guest firetotheworks

'Dempsey's holding his face, I'm not sure why'

As a replay of Dempsey's face smashing into the floor is shown.