Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

'I'm Steven Gerrard, and during the World Cup I'll be watching James Cordon's World Cup Live....primarily during England matches.'

It's not on until after the game :razz:

He thinks he's watching in.

Don't question my quotes.

So I assume all of you will be support the Yanks if you go out and the US advances right?

:fishing:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9381/41798970usa416.jpg

The colonies always has time for the old boss!

I am really unsurprised by England's performance tbh. I am not an "anyone but England" Scotland supporter. I would like to see them do well as it would have a really good effect on how the country feels as a whole, but I think a lot of people went into this World Cup with rose-tinted specs on. Hope they beat Slovenia next week!

Did they? I'd say the people who generally know what they are talking about played down our chances. As most, like myself think it's the worst England team for an unbelievably long time.

aye people like you did Tooj, but loads of others thought England were guaranteed to do well.

Rubbish. You're mixing up expectation with hope.

'I'm Steven Gerrard, and during the World Cup I'll be watching James Cordon's World Cup Live....primarily during England matches.'

It's not on until after the game :razz:

He thinks he's watching in.

Don't question my quotes.

He's repeating old Corden quotes in his head and laughing to himself. He's mentally fucking ill, man.

Whats all this shit about not dropping Rooney? I thought one of the first rules in business is that "No-one is inexpendible!"

He did NOTHING tonight to make me feel he would make an impact on wednesday, in fact,  that he would impede our chances! If he is to be given the higher strata or untouchables treatment, I would say "You have an hour Wayne. Make your mark, or make way for the Beanstalk!

You're right, like, Lanky. But get out of the football forum.

I'm suprised I lasted as long as I did!!

Goodbye everyone :facepalm:

:lol: You were actually posting well, didn't have the heart to do it this time.

So I assume all of you will be support the Yanks if you go out and the US advances right?

:fishing:

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9381/41798970usa416.jpg

The colonies always has time for the old boss!

I will fully disown England forever if Mike can recreate that scene with himself as the mad guy, take a pic and post it in here.

A foreign journo asked Capello if he would resign if England were eliminated in this round. He said it was too early too talk about it.

I would have liked some optimism!

From my point of view it looks like it has done for many years for England - shite keepers, good defence(although a bit shaky this world cup), good central midfielders always underperforming, shite wingers/no width and still no-one decent up front with Rooney.

They are just mentally not at the races, slow to 50-50 balls, no vision, unable to hold the ball and pick a pass, no appreciation of space or what the opp are doing and no real idea how to play the percentages when things are going wrong. They play for PL clubs but more often than not in the sides they play, a foreign player is doing the thinking for them.

A foreign journo asked Capello if he would resign if England were eliminated in this round. He said it was too early too talk about it.

I would have liked some optimism!

Optimism? Erm well the Premier League starts again in less than 2 months.

Just seen the replay of the US goal, the ref puts his whistle to his mouth BEFORE the kick's been taken, then waits to blow the fucker. :lol: Fucking hell. :lol: :lol:

I think he regretted blowing the whistle for a fall, made his mind up before the kick was even taken.

Why do our players have zero close control? Our skill and technique on the ball is beyond woeful.

They've got the ability. Rooney's got a great touch when he's firing, but he's beyond shit at the minute.

I would drop Rooney, not because of what he said, I don't even know what he said but because his performance was aweful tonight. Crouch and Defoe looke more interested then he did. SWP was crap and I don't even know why he took Lennon off, he was the only one trying to get the ball into the box, atleast in the first half. I'm so relieved that Carragher can't play on Wednesday, he done nothing but give freekicks away, Heskey was the same. Their was no movement, and Gerrard and Lampard cannot play in the middle together and neither of them can play out of the wing, and at this moment in time I would pick Gerrard ahead of Lampard. I'm really pissed off that Joe Cole didn't come on, he offers us so much going forward and so much pace aswell, if it's because he's not fit then why bring him?

This is the team I would play on Wednesday:

Hart

Johnson Terry Dawson A. Cole

Lennon Barry J. Cole

Gerrard

Crouch Defoe

Just seen the replay of the US goal, the ref puts his whistle to his mouth BEFORE the kick's been taken, then waits to blow the fucker. :lol: Fucking hell. :lol: :lol:

I think he regretted blowing the whistle for a fall, made his mind up before the kick was even taken.

It's ridiculous. If ever there was a place to accuse a ref to be corrupt and reffing for a certain result, this would be it. :lol:

"Nice to hear your own fans booing yuh, thats why they call them supporters"

Will be apologising for that by tomorrow

Nice to see your "star" players look like they would rather be on holiday in Margate than at the World Cup.

21:37 Commentary 

Maybe I'm speaking out of turn here, but Wayne Rooney saying in the week England could beat Algeria by not playing at their best, and Steven Gerrard just now saying "that was Algeria's World Cup final" - don't both of those statements smack of arrogance? England's World Cup final might take place against Slovenia in Port Elizabeth on Wednesday at 1500 BST.