Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad form, that fan getting into the dressing room. I would however, love to know what he said to the players because I am sure he wasn't in there collecting autographs.

Very much feels like the first 2 group games of Mexico '86. God there was some depression around after those 2... enter Peter Beardsley. Who's going to save us this time ?

Its Lampard we need to be looking at. Consistently poor for England since 2004.

It is like watching Michael Owen play for us.

Since 2004?

He was our top scorer in qualifying for 2006. He's been poor since then, admittedly.

Bad form, that fan getting into the dressing room. I would however, love to know what he said to the players because I am sure he wasn't in there collecting autographs.

Very much feels like the first 2 group games of Mexico '86. God there was some depression around after those 2... enter Peter Beardsley. Who's going to save us this time ?

Joe Cole? :/

Guest malandro

Don't see why people feel the need to criticise Beckham ffs.

He's injured, missing out on what would have been his last swansong as a professional player. Yet he isn't sulking and moaning, he's gone along with the team on invite and is there in person as a regular supporter would be. He isn't getting paid, he isn't detrimental to the team, what the f*** is the problem?

The man can do no wrong in my eyes, one of the few properly commited England players over the last decade. Not to mention he seems like a genuinely decent bloke.

:clap:

If he was committed to England he would have retired from international football when he decided to play third rate football in the states in exchange for large wads of cash.  Instead he hung around picking up underserved caps and depriving other players the opportunity to gain experience.

Clueless

So what does he do?

Provides more class crosses and breakthrough passes than any of the current squad manages. His pace may be gone, but f*** me you would be a totally different team with the option of a Beckham sub after 60 minutes if you needed that pass to break  through a defence, which you do.

From the bench in his marks and spencer’s suit!  It might have passed you by but he didn’t make the final 23, so what is his doing on the bench, what does he do?

He's injured, missing out on what would have been his last swansong as a professional player. Yet he isn't sulking and moaning, he's gone along with the team on invite and is there in person as a regular supporter would be. He isn't getting paid, he isn't detrimental to the team, what the f*** is the problem?

The man can do no wrong in my eyes, one of the few properly commited England players over the last decade. Not to mention he seems like a genuinely decent bloke.

If he was committed to England he would have retired from international football when he decided to play third rate football in the states in exchange for large wads of cash.  Instead he hung around picking up underserved caps and depriving other players the opportunity to gain experience.

Clueless

So what does he do?

Provides more class crosses and breakthrough passes than any of the current squad manages. His pace may be gone, but f*** me you would be a totally different team with the option of a Beckham sub after 60 minutes if you needed that pass to break  through a defence, which you do.

From the bench in his marks and spencer’s suit!  It might have passed you by but he didn’t make the final 23, so what is his doing on the bench, what does he do?

He's an experienced English international with clear leadership skills and has been commended for his motivational talks by many a former teammate. He's exactly what it looks like England needs right now to get motivated.

He's not a coach, but he creates a calm around the player group through his experience and way of acting which is needed more than ever for you now. In my opinion he's very good manager/coach material, so for him being around the English coaching team is not a bad way to repay him for years and years of quality service for his nation if he doesn't actually do something.

I think this 4-4-2 can work but to make my point i will look to Dunga. Capello needs to pick a team, Gerrard is not a winger but i do think a holding player (Barry) is needed, so for me you have to pick either Gerrard or Lampard to play in the centre with him unless you go 4-5-1. What i cant understand is how Joe Cole has not yet played 1 minute of the World Cup, and i would have him down the left. Personally i would also have taken Adam Johnson as a natural left footed winger, instead of SWP.

if he's not played at all it is hard to see capello turning round and suddenly starting him.

Clueless

So what does he do?

Who cares, man? It's a total non-issue. Look at the real problems we've got, ffs.

Very little interest in the games tomorrow.  Just want to get Wednesday over with. 

I sort of feel the same. After every performance like that (Newcastle aswell) I just want the next game to come as soon as possible to put it right.

Clueless

So what does he do?

Who cares, man? It's a total non-issue. Look at the real problems we've got, ffs.

Nah man, he'd rather blame someone he doesn't actually know what does.

He's injured, missing out on what would have been his last swansong as a professional player. Yet he isn't sulking and moaning, he's gone along with the team on invite and is there in person as a regular supporter would be. He isn't getting paid, he isn't detrimental to the team, what the fuck is the problem?

Can't stand Beckham in general, but that's all spot on.

Capello should go for broke on Wednesday, Heskey can fuck off. Play 4-3-3 with Rooney,Cole and Lennon and Barry,Lampard and Gerrard in midfield.

Something needs to be done.

All the girls in the kitchen had diamonds on and shit.

Guest malandro

Clueless

So what does he do?

But it is an issue. His presence says a lot about the FA’s priorities, how focused the campaign is. Capello’s confidence in his motivational skills, not to mention those of Stuart Pearce’s and the senior members of the playing squad.

In pure footballing terms Beckham shouldn’t be on the bench. That he is says a lot about the priorities of the FA and the general trend for players to be celebrities and footballers who believe their own hype.

Clueless

So what does he do?

But it is an issue. His presence says a lot about the FA’s priorities, how focused the campaign is. Capello’s confidence in his motivational skills, not to mention those of Stuart Pearce’s and the senior members of the playing squad.

In pure footballing terms Beckham shouldn’t be on the bench. That he is says a lot about the priorities of the FA and the general trend for players to be celebrities and footballers who believe their own hype.

Do you know for a fact what Beckham is doing and if it is to the benefit of the team or not? No?

Shut the fuck up then and look at the players out there instead, he wouldn't be there if Capello and his coaching staff did not think it was needed. For whatever reason they may or may not have, they think it's better to use Beckham in the way they are doing (which we know nothing about). It's not even possible to critizise it, because you don't even know what you are critiquing. You're just grasping for straws after seeing England play shit.

If the players wanted him there, they'd have a reason.

If the coaching staff wanted him there, they'd have a reason.

If the players didn't want him there, he'd not be there.

If the coaching staff didn't want him there, he'd not be there.

Simples.

If he dares to start Heskey again Ill really have lost all faith in Capello. Few of us have said it all along that the guy is useless, give me Bent, C Cole even fucking Kevin Davies over this useless lump. At least Davies actually does his job and roughs defenders up and wins a few headers.

Clueless

So what does he do?

You're talking shit, tbh. It's doing no harm. The fact is players are celebrities and Beckham's seen the effects of that, both positive and negative. Can't think of a better person to help Rooney through the next few days, tbh.

Guest neesy111

this is the price we pay for too many foreigners in our game, and also for a deep lack of technical understanding for our players!

rooney should be hung for his comments, ppl paid 1000's to go out there and for him to say that shows what an utter cunt of a human being he is