Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

England are the past masters of playing s*** and winning.Conversely,when we do play well,we're far more probable of losing.See 1986,1990,1998  as examples.

Agreed...........but we usually lose on penalties or freekicks meant as crosses rather than shots (ronaldinho in 2002)

Anyone on here hopes that Mexico and South Africa progress from their group instead of France and Uruguay? Thought it was an excellent game between these two as an opener for the cup.

England are the past masters of playing shit and winning.Conversely,when we do play well,we're far more probable of losing.See 1986,1990,1998  as examples.

I think that depends on the opponent tbh :lol:

I agree but our performances in defeat,except for the Brazil game in '02 are generally better than all of the previous victories.

England are the past masters of playing s*** and winning.Conversely,when we do play well,we're far more probable of losing.See 1986,1990,1998  as examples.

Agreed...........but we usually lose on penalties or freekicks meant as crosses rather than shots (ronaldinho in 2002)

Anyone on here hopes that Mexico and South Africa progress from their group instead of France and Uruguay? Thought it was an excellent game between these two as an opener for the cup.

Mexico with a goalscorer would be a threat for sure.

I thought you supported Australia?

England have played a lot worse defenses and not scored four. I'm not too worried about that.

Would you take 4-3 England if you were offered it now?

Not a chance.

I think you should consider it to be honest, it's a good offer.

England have played a lot worse defenses and not scored four. I'm not too worried about that.

Not a chance.

No way.  I'll take the boring 1-1 or 0-0 draw it will be tomorrow though.

Not a chance.

Would you take 4-3 USA? The hell you would.

I'd add something to this, but Soccer/Football gods, man. They're listening.

Not a chance.

Would you take 4-3 USA? The hell you would.

I'd add something to this, but Soccer/Football gods, man. They're listening.

Of course I wouldn't, Jesus. :lol:

Yeah OK, you're right - maybe I am a bit arrogant actually.  A defeat tomorrow is unthinkable.  A draw would be a bit shit but it's not out of the question.  It wouldn't be a total disaster either, given that you guys might be the second best team in the group.

I expect a win though, anything else is a real stuttering start if we want to go far in the Soccerball World Series this year.

Suprised there isn't a thread on vuvuzelas. Am I the only one who thought it was outrageous?

The noise really doesn't annoy me anymore tbh, I just tune them out completely for the most part.

What is bad and what somebody else mentioned in this thread is the way they destroy a proper atmosphere developing. Instead of chanting and the roar when a chance happens all you get is the constant droaning of the horns - it's boring if anything.

"proper atmosphere"  :facepalm:

Did it occur to you that the vuvuzelas are a large part of their atmosphere? You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.  :razz:

They're commercial toys that have been imported there over the last few years. I think VI said that they were used in Spain in the 80s when some spanner decided to import them there aswell. They're not 'cultural' in any way, shape or form.

Like I said the sound generally doesn't bother me, It's just there and it certainly doesn't ruin it for me. However it's just a bit sad that it's the only thing that can be heard, no chants, no roar of the crowd at certain moments - hell even a drum would be nice to mix it up a bit. Part of the fun of the World Cup is the different noises that the different fans from over the world make during games, but all there is this time is the same horns. It's boring.

Yeah, they became popular when I started going to games during the late 1980s-early 1990s. They were cheap, and they were noisy. You can still hear them at Spanish stadia

Some Barça fans playing them here:

The vuvuzelas are as much unique to South African football culture as breathing and standing on two legs.

i'm leaning towards a draw for this one - the US are one of those middling nations who have good team spirit, professional, well organised and usually frustrate england - ie the likes of macedonia or israel. add to the fact it is the opening game and we tend to start slowly, i can see the US punishing our complacency by scoring early on and then watching us labour to a hard fought draw.

Suprised there isn't a thread on vuvuzelas. Am I the only one who thought it was outrageous?

The noise really doesn't annoy me anymore tbh, I just tune them out completely for the most part.

What is bad and what somebody else mentioned in this thread is the way they destroy a proper atmosphere developing. Instead of chanting and the roar when a chance happens all you get is the constant droaning of the horns - it's boring if anything.

Did it occur to you that the vuvuzelas are a large part of their atmosphere? You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.  :razz:

They're commercial toys that have been imported there over the last few years. I think VI said that they were used in Spain in the 80s when some spanner decided to import them there aswell. They're not 'cultural' in any way, shape or form.

Like I said the sound generally doesn't bother me, It's just there and it certainly doesn't ruin it for me. However it's just a bit sad that it's the only thing that can be heard, no chants, no roar of the crowd at certain moments - hell even a drum would be nice to mix it up a bit. Part of the fun of the World Cup is the different noises that the different fans from over the world make during games, but all there is this time is the same horns. It's boring.

Yeah, they became popular when I started going to games during the late 1980s-early 1990s. They were cheap, and they were noisy. You can still hear them at Spanish stadia

The vuvuzelas are as much unique to South African football culture as breathing and standing on two legs.

some Barca charvers in there :lol:

some Barca charvers in there :lol:

A lot of people in the video are Boixos Nois, which are the hooligan firm of Barça and thus imitate a lot of the dressing codes of British hooligans.

Not to mention the South Africans didn't even take to them for real before 2002/2003. How can something become "imbedded in their culture" in seven fucking years?

There's no excuses for not beating USA tomorrow. They have a good morale but their defence is pretty awful, and I don't know if Onyewu is starting but he's lacking serious match practise.If Dempsey and Donovan don't have blinders then there's no chance of a positive result for USA.

There's no excuses for not beating USA tomorrow. They have a good morale but their defence is pretty awful, and I don't know if Onyewu is starting but he's lacking serious match practise.If Dempsey and Donovan don't have blinders then there's no chance of a positive result for USA.

I can agree with that, but what does the bold even mean?

I can agree with that, but what does the bold even mean?

If Donovon and Dempsey don't play very well then I don't believe USA have any chance of getting any result tomorrow.I think if you had even a marginally stronger defence then I would give you a much better chance but your defence is way too frail to handle England at this moment.