Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ghana

Uruguay

USA

South Korea

One of them will make the Semis, man what a chance let up. I know you could say you have to beat the best, but now we're gonna have to beat 4 'top' teams rather than just 2 :(

Uruguay for me. Very solid team.

Ghana

Uruguay

USA

South Korea

One of them will make the Semis, man what a chance let up. I know you could say you have to beat the best, but now we're gonna have to beat 4 'top' teams rather than just 2 :(

Agreed.

But you have to admit.  There is something about England v. Germany that makes the spine tingle in a way that England v. South Korea or England v. USA doesn't.

Just very relieved to have got through. It would have been a terrible feeling if we'd failed to qualify from that group.

The Germany game will be an even contest. I assume we'll play better now that the pressure is off, so I'm quite hopeful. If we'd ended up with Ghana, I could see us getting jittery again because the media would be saying (incorrectly) that that's an easy tie.

Whatever it costs, buy Annan.

I was saying this long before the WC.

Not that it means anything. :lol:

Well i've never seen him play before the WC, but have been really impressed with him throughout. How much do you reckon he'd cost?

Just very relieved to have got through. It would have been a terrible feeling if we'd failed to qualify from that group.

The Germany game will be an even contest. I assume we'll play better now that the pressure is off, so I'm quite hopeful. If we'd ended up with Ghana, I could see us getting jittery again because the media would be saying (incorrectly) that that's an easy tie.

It just takes Rooney to turn up and we've got a great chance of going through, but we haven't seen that Rooney for quite a while for England. Can't really think of a better time, coast it through the group stages now step it up a couple of gears when it matters.

Hope that Capello makes the players very aware that the USA and Algeria games are totally irrelevant and now a footnote in history. We're through, that's the main thing, and anything can happen within these one-off games. It'll be closer than some people seem to think, the German side is beatable enough.

Don't know where this idea that the US will beat Ghana is coming from. Ghana look a very disciplined side with some talent added into the mix, didn't watch the US today admittedly but they didn't look anything special in their first two games.

Almost glad we got Germany in a way, really cannot wait for that now. Can't call it either, they look a good side, but their defence can be got at quite easily. Hopefully Schweinsteiger is injured.

Not to mention that US were "Lucky" to have Green in goal for England game, were lucky that US were not down to 10 men in first 30 secs on Slovenia game (nasty elbow), and lucky that referee bought the dive by US to set up "the free kick for the goal that wasn't".

Could have been very different.

:fishing:   ;D

Don't get me wrong -  I'm happy with US performance, but there is some very selective memories in place

I've been sussed.  :lol:

Sorry - wasn't aiming at you directly.  Heard way too many "If only this...." from my gracious hosts today, and this post was within reach.

Point really should be that we should all be grateful to the Football Gods for what they have given us, for while they giveth, they also taketh away.  And the next act is yet to be written...

;D

Don't know where this idea that the US will beat Ghana is coming from. Ghana look a very disciplined side with some talent added into the mix, didn't watch the US today admittedly but they didn't look anything special in their first two games.

Almost glad we got Germany in a way, really cannot wait for that now. Can't call it either, they look a good side, but their defence can be got at quite easily. Hopefully Schweinsteiger is injured.

I agree. Ghana are dangerous.

Guest kingdawson

Podolski up against Johnson.  :harry:

Johnson is the biggest liability in our squad by a mile. The moron made 2 mistimed tackles in 2 minutes ffs. How he didn't see red today only God and the ref will know.

Probably from the fact they needed a pen to beat a very ordinary Serbia and couldn't beat an Australian side who had 10 men for over an hour. They were shite in both of those games...

My predicition is that the Ghana US game will be pretty even  but there ends the story for them. Either of those teams will be beaten (easily) by Uruguay.

Think Usa will beat Ghana.

Germany should beat Eng unless Rooney or Defoe have a blinder. Germany as a side have more pitch intelligence, they look fitter and fresher and tend to have us psychologically when it comes to the crunch. It's a real shame as Eng had a clear run to the semi's this time. We'll see.

Probably from the fact they needed a pen to beat a very ordinary Serbia and couldn't beat an Australian side who had 10 men for over an hour. They were shite in both of those games...

It will be a good game, just think especially in the centre of the park Ghana will dominate the game. Their weakness is putting the ball away, but they're bound to get a few chances against America.

ghana look like a good side but they lack goalscorers and with some of the rookies in defence are liable to let one or two in each game. the US are a desperately average side but they are well organised at the back and in Dempsey and Donovan have two top class players.

Uruguay is nothing special.

They played France for a draw, beat a poor South Africa, and took a Mexican side that had their tactics all wrong-- starting Blanco (WTF?). The poorest South American team in the tournament.

i think uruguay would beat paraguay and chile tbh. they've got some good players like forlan, perreria, saurez, lugano, and are more physical/ruthless than those two.

Thought Altidore was outstanding for the USA today.

Thought he was killing us. Unbelievable miss.

Fantastic pace and power, and makes some surprisingly intelligent runs. However, he does seem like he doesn't take enough chances that come his way. Looks like a young Emile Heskey almost!

ghana look like a good side but they lack goalscorers and with some of the rookies in defence are liable to let one or two in each game. the US are a desperately average side but they are well organised at the back and in Dempsey and Donovan have two top class players.

You mean since the Gooch was dropped. I can't say our defense has ever looked particularly good.