Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green, Carragher, SWP and Heskey should have played no part in that match. If it'd been James, Upson, Cole and Crouch/Defoe, we'd have played better.

Fucking awful, I know it's not the end of the world etc.. but if that's a shape of things to come stick them on a plane [kneejerk/]

If the comentators are right I saw a different game because other than a couple of decent touches I thought heskey was fucking woeful, you can get away with that many offside if you score shitloads (pippo) but if you aren't a poacher, haven't scored since 1966 you shouldn't be offside soo many times!!

Guest Stephen927

Green, Carragher, SWP and Heskey should have played no part in that match. If it'd been James, Upson, Cole and Crouch/Defoe, we'd have played better.

Brilliant use of hindsight there.

my neutral view of the match

rooney was missing in action entire game, why was swp brought on and not joe cole? green is never going to play for england again, (feel sorry for him tbh) milners value just vastly dropped, and why were england playing long ball the whole time?

Guest firetotheworks

I agree, but I think hindsight has shown that Heskey was the right choice.

I can't see why we would bring in Barry. A defensive midfielder surely isn't what we need against Algeria and Slovenia.

All about getting him back in the team and fully fit again should we progress.

I'd be more about trying to bring some creativity into the team.

It's not always about personnel though, shape has a lot to do with it.

Yeah. With Barry, we have proper defensive cover and Gerrard can get forward to link with Rooney, like in the qualifying round. That gets us out of the strict 4-4-2 which looks so predictable.

We had a much better second half. First half was very nervy.

Brilliant use of hindsight there.

Bollocks man. I never wanted SWP, Green or Heskey anywhere near the team in the first place.

my neutral view of the match

rooney was missing in action entire game, why was swp brought on and not joe cole? green is never going to play for england again, (feel sorry for him tbh) milners value just vastly dropped, and why were england playing long ball the whole time?

I. A barmake this quick but 100% spot on

Guest Heneage

Quite the anti climax really.

After all his talk of picking players on form, and not picking on reputation, Capello bottled it with the squad when he chose the strikers he did.

Then when it comes to his tactics tonight he just seemed one dimensional. What he sees in Shaun Wright Philips I will never know, a more one basic kick and run winger you will not see, at least Routledge has tricks by comparison. Adam Johnson should be in that squad and starting on the left. Bent should be pushing for a second striker role as he would have finished that 1 on 1 with relative ease. The centre backs look incredibly slow and could easily be exploited.

But the funniest thing tonight was the fact Glen Johnson seemed more penetrative from full back than Aaron Lennon.

Guest firetotheworks

I main change I'd make is getting Joe Cole in their on the left. Slightly unnatural for him or not, he's still so much better than any other option, and lets Gerrard and Lampard keep their midfield roles.

Guest kingdawson

I knew Keegan would praise Johnson, he's such a Keegan full back.

Thought the same thing. How the hell was Johnson "excellent" tonight?

Every time he goes forward he creates nothing and he can't defend for shit.

I main change I'd make is getting Joe Cole in their on the left. Slightly unnatural for him or not, he's still so much better than any other option, and lets Gerrard and Lampard keep their midfield roles.

But then Gerrard and Lampard were dogshit alongside each other today - once again.

Guest firetotheworks

But then Gerrard and Lampard were dogshit alongside each other today - once again.

I disagree.

Agreed, Lampard was dogshit replace him with Barry.  Or have Gerrard as a supporting striker.

What an absolute load of shit

Robert Green is a twat and has cost us again

USA played defence the entire game, completely boring.

Same old England, sat back at 1-0, same old bullshit.