Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slovenia v. Algeria will be interesting tomorrow.

:nods: Might have to watch that.

A draw will be the best result for everyone. Back to square one and we'll start again next week.

Yep.

God damn I wish Jozy scored there.

You'd be unbearable if he had.

: ;D

:lol: I can't dispute that.

Fucking ecstatic! Gritty performance, full of heart, just beautiful. Green was the guy I wanted in net, and it worked out well. Howard was fucking great too. Jesus Christ, great start!

:lol: I swear we could have won that.

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder what Cowell's going to say about Rob Green. I'd trust him to come out with a more honest opinion than the pundits.

The "creative" players tonight just didn't create anywhere near enough chances.  That coupled with the few decent ones being missed and the fact the centre of the defence looks as shaky as fuck means it doesn't look good.

That said, that should be the most difficult game out of the way from the first 3, just need to make sure we win the next 2 & top the group.

Whatever you can say about the players (ie plenty) that was ultimately Capello's failure. He selected Green. He selected Milner, then subbed him early. He selected King, then subbed him early. He had us playing to a target man, with Rooney lying way too deep, and none of our players apparently capable of putting in a decent cross (the only good one I can remember was from Gerrard, late on). The problems were basically tactical, but not only did the substitutions indicate a worrying indecision, they were also made to no great tactical effect, like replacing like.

Up until a few months ago I had absolute confidence in Capello. Lost that now, and maybe the players have too.

I didn't think it was that bad. Some of the reactions you get on here after games is laughable.

Yes we didn't look like the best team in the world, but then we're not are we. The difference between us winning the game and a draw was goalkeepers. Green made a monumental fuck up and Howard was probably the yanks best player. Heskey did what he is supposed to do and had a good game. You might not agree with him starting, I know I don't, but Capello picks the team and I don't think Heskey was the reason we didn't win. He laid off some good balls and won a load of headers. Yes he was offside a few times but he wasn't bad.

Rooney was quiet for most of the game but he's too good not to come good. And obviously playing Milner and King were bad calls from Capello but I wouldn't expect them to start again. Hopefully Barry will be fit and we'll play Gerrard behind Rooney for the rest of the tournament.

It wasn't the result we hoped for but I'm not suicidal yet.

Guest firetotheworks

:thup: Good match, England. Good luck against Algeria and Slovenia. Feeling peaceful, feeling good.

Hahahaha, your avatar. Is that your proudest moment Michael, my good man?

This result just massively backs up that it will be the same old nonsense for me.

Sitting back on a 1-0, conceding a shit goal then looking better in the 2nd half but failing to score.

We'll beat Algeria and Slovenia then lose in the quarters, its all laid out in the same crap way. Makes it rubbish.

:thup: Good match, England. Good luck against Algeria and Slovenia. Feeling peaceful, feeling good.

Hahahaha, your avatar. Is that your proudest moment Michael, my good man?

:lol: Just having some fun, man. It's all supposed to be fun.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Would have loved to see altidore's shot to go in.......... just for carragher's sake.

I thought Carragher was going to chop him down right on the edge of the area.

This result just massively backs up that it will be the same old nonsense for me.

Sitting back on a 1-0, conceding a shit goal then looking better in the 2nd half but failing to score.

We'll beat Algeria and Slovenia then lose in the quarters, its all laid out in the same crap way. Makes it rubbish.

Aye, it's almost as predictable as following the Toon.

Getting to the quarters is no shame. It means we're somewhere between 5th and 8th best team, which seems to me roughly the reality however you look at it.

Wright Phillips was disgustingly poor and him (or Milner) being the first two choices down the left hand side makes the decision to leave Adam Johnson at home look even more questionable. I could have understood up to a point if Joe Cole were there but not taking a natural left winger is just bizarre to me when there's one there who is quality even if he is a bit raw. I'd even have taken Downing ahead of SWP.