Spain win World Cup 2010

ElDiablo
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words can not describe how fucking angry I am now.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3158/102016654.jpg

:bluestar:

The moment where you suddenly realise that not only are literally tens of millions of people now going to think forever that you're a wanker, but also that you are, in fact, a wanker.

Feel bad for the guy, honestly. One in a million mistake.

Capello will pay the price for swapping players around like they belong in a sticker book. The wingers don't have a clue. SWP is a utter disgrace of a footballer, what on earth is he doing on the pitch ahead of Joe Cole or even Adam Johnson? And Milner on the wing? :lol:

As for that strike partnership, enough said, if we reach the QFs i'll be surprised.

Heskey had a good game like, it could still be a good partnership - i don't know why Rooney remained so withdrawn in the second half. It seemed such a waste when we've got both Gerrard and Lampard deep through the middle, to have Rooney back there trying to pull the strings. Heskey probably should have paved way for Rooney to lead the line - but i'd still say the combination will work with a bit of finetuning.

What's so frustrating is what a pointless waste of time those friendlies have turned out to be.

Got absolute faith in Capello in the long-term, but he fucked up tonight like. Starting Milner (a player who's won his seat on the plane following a season in the centre), bringing on SWP, keeping the forwards on as they were... all bad decisions in my opinion.

The wing issue just goes without saying iyam. Milner's not a right-winger, never mind a left one. SWP is too one-footed to play there too, and both let us down tremendously. No balance and no pinache down that wing; Joe Cole has to play on Friday.

As for up front... Heskey, individually, had an excellent game and played the role he was given incredibly efficiently - as he has done for the last two years with England. However, it was becoming more and more obvious that we needed to get Rooney into the game, and keeping him withdrawn was doing nothing for our chances. Bringing Crouch on was pointless if the 'last-ditch' plan was to pump it long. He isn't a target man; might aswell have kept Emile on cos he was playing that role perfectly well. So yeah, he should have switched around and shoved Rooney up on his own much sooner imo.

As for Green; total howler but he'll get over it. Rather now than the quarters or semis. It's lost us the two points today but, as frustrating a result as it is, it's not terminal.

It's a pretty fucking shite result on the whole, because bar one or two above-average attackers, USA are incredibly mediocre. Onyewu played the game of his fucking life and the rest of them were nothing more than simply solid. We still should have won the game at a canter, irrelative of the goalkeeping mistake.

The performance was reassuring but the result is a concern. Yes there were chances to be taken, but we still had more in our locker - on paper - to have peppered USA's goal in the second half, rather than mildly tickle it.

The teams more balance and a kick up the arse. Incredibly early days but that game smacked of the typical underperforming of the last dozen years. Still fairly confident of a good tournament, though. Mistakes out the way early.

Onwards and upwards.

good summary.

i thought crouch would be a good move as heskey was beginning to get some chances in the box from the likes of lennon and you'd expect crouch to put away what heskey would miss. the knock on effect was that we stopped creating those types if chances as heskey's all round game, due to strength and running, is better than crouch's and was the reason for rooney or lennon getting flick ons in the first place. crouch really is shite as a target man.

if barry is fit for the next match i'd prefer to see a different system with gerrard pushed up.

Words can not describe how f***ing angry I am now.

Fucking cockney fool. By far the better team and he goes and does that.

He's from fucking surrey Nick you tube. Why always with the cockney slur for anyone from south of the watford gap?

The moment where you suddenly realise that not only are literally tens of millions of people now going to think forever that you're a wanker, but also that you are, in fact, a wanker.

Kind of mistake you simply should not be making at that level, though. That was the softest of soft goals.

Howard, in contrast, had an excellent game.

and yet you still have it as your avatar.  :lol:

Onyewu played the game of his fucking life.

:nope: No he didn't, man. That's an average Onyewu international performance. No idea what happens to him when he plays for a club, but he's pretty much always like that.

f***ing cockney fool. By far the better team and he goes and does that.

He's from f***ing surrey Nick you tube. Why always with the cockney slur for anyone from south of the watford gap?

:lol: Sorry but he plays for West Ham, therefore he's a cockney.

and yet you still have it as your avatar.  :lol:

:lol: If he posts here, I'll remove it.

Capello will pay the price for swapping players around like they belong in a sticker book. The wingers don't have a clue. SWP is a utter disgrace of a footballer, what on earth is he doing on the pitch ahead of Joe Cole or even Adam Johnson? And Milner on the wing? :lol:

As for that strike partnership, enough said, if we reach the QFs i'll be surprised.

Heskey had a good game like, it could still be a good partnership - i don't know why Rooney remained so withdrawn in the second half. It seemed such a waste when we've got both Gerrard and Lampard deep through the middle, to have Rooney back there trying to pull the strings. Heskey probably should have paved way for Rooney to lead the line - but i'd still say the combination will work with a bit of finetuning.

What's so frustrating is what a pointless waste of time those friendlies have turned out to be.

Heskey did well with his back to goal but he just doesn't and will not exploit the space created by Rooney's presence. A 4-1-4-1 would suit those players best once Barry returns.

True, true. Maybe West Ham should look to loan him out to an MLS team to give him a confidence boost?

Quite a lot of things to be upbeat and positive about in that game I thought.

A few terrible performances too... SWP, Lampard, Carra and of course the "incident". Pretty polarised really.

Guest firetotheworks

Rob Green, has made me feel better about my own howler in a match the other week, the difference being that he's a professional, I told them not to put me in goal, and Greens was worse than mine.

True, true. Maybe West Ham should look to loan him out to an MLS team to give him a confidence boost?

Are you implying that he should learn how to play goaltender like an American? I don't think Howard would have let the soccer ball beat him like that.

He's from f***ing surrey Nick you tube. Why always with the cockney slur for anyone from south of the watford gap?

So by your logic Vidic is a manc, reina is a scouser and colo is a geordie? Hmmmm.  :idiot2:

So by your logic Vidic is a manc, reina is a scouser and colo is a geordie? Hmmmm.  :idiot2:

Don't take it too seriously mate, I'm just in rant mode. I know I'm technically wrong.

Quite a lot of things to be upbeat and positive about in that game I thought.

A few terrible performances too... SWP, Lampard, Carra and of course the "incident". Pretty polarised really.

Both teams underperformed, but England and the US know what they need to address before the next game, and since they shared the points, no one is really in a horrible position.

Are you implying that he should learn how to play goaltender like an American? I don't think Howard would have let the soccer ball beat him like that.

Indeed. I mean he might never start, but learning by watching can work.

Don't take it too seriously mate, I'm just in rant mode. I know I'm technically wrong.

Aye, but it does get annoying. He's from Chertsey which is a few miles down the road from me, and I'm as close to being a cockney as someone born in NE1 is to being a mackem.

Seriously the only way heskey could be any less of an "on the shoulder of the last defender" player would be if cappello but him in goal, how the fuck did he get caught offside soo much!?