Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

Feel sorry for him personally, but glad I might never see him wearing a toon shirt again.

Basically. Seems like a decent enough bloke and it's obviously gonna hurt him if he's forced to retire through this, so I'm sorry on his behalf. But in the grand scheme of things, I can't see how this is anything but a positive for NUFC.

Actually come to think of it, as useless as he is in midfield, I would be gutted if he were to end his time at nufc without a senior competitive goal. Imagine the delirium if Smith scored the winner in the 90th minute at the Gallowgate in say early March to ensure we stop up  :smitten:

Well, no matter how consistently weak their performances, or how non-existent their footballing ability, I genuinely find it utterly distasteful to celebrate the injury of any of our own players... Apart from Alan Smith. f***ing fantastic news tbh, it's like a new signing.

:lol:

We should have sent him over to Leeds..... Now paying him 50k a week until the summer the least is painful. We could have get some one decent for half of that money......

Again, you're assuming that Leeds genuinely wanted him. I've only seen Leeds 5 times this season, but based purely on those games, he wouldn't make their starting Xl.

We should have sent him over to Leeds..... Now paying him 50k a week until the summer the least is painful. We could have get some one decent for half of that money......

Again, you're assuming that Leeds genuinely wanted him. I've only seen Leeds 5 times this season, but based purely on those games, he wouldn't make their starting Xl.

He wouldn't make any Championship starting XI.

Guest neesy111

He wouldn't make any Championship starting XI.

The way he played v Stevenage I wouldn't fancy him in League 2.

Well Grayson said he wanted him. 'Genuine' enough for me.

Well Grayson said he wanted him. 'Genuine' enough for me.

Said he was 'interested' when most likely put on the spot. Never would have happened.