Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

The thing is the kid I was arguing with then trooped out a load of names like Faye, Luque, Guivarc'h etc.

Guivarc'h is a World Cup winner, Luque was once a good footballer and Faye was a better midfielder than Smith. I genuinely struggle to think of a player who has contributed less.

I went to see my ma at work the other day who works with Smith's missus (didnt know at the time) and she was on about him and I said he was total cack. Her face totally dropped and she left the room.

:lol: :lol:

The thing is the kid I was arguing with then trooped out a load of names like Faye, Luque, Guivarc'h etc.

Guivarc'h and Luque actually scored more than zero goals for us. So argument ended for that one :lol:

Was arguing with somebody the other day. I said to him I think Smith is the worst player I've ever seen in an NUFC shirt. He thought I was an idiot.

Thoughts?

Definitely not true. Mediocre player who gives his all. We've had rubbish players who gave nothing.

Guivarc'h and Luque actually scored more than zero goals for us. So argument ended for that one

But they were strikers. Smith definitely has been better than Luque, he has had the odd good game, unlike Luque.

Was arguing with somebody the other day. I said to him I think Smith is the worst player I've ever seen in an NUFC shirt. He thought I was an idiot.

Thoughts?

We've had a lot worse than Smith

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/423/579/1222731_display_image.jpg?1286010653

He wasn't a bad player, he just didn't give a shit and had no self respect.

Thoughts?

We've had a lot worse than Smith

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/423/579/1222731_display_image.jpg?1286010653

He wasn't a bad player, he just didn't give a shit and had no self respect.

I feel old when you say that is the worst you have seen.  :kinnear:

I feel old when you say that is the worst you have seen.  :kinnear:

He's not the worst player that I've seen at Newcastle, I don't know who is though.

Me either but certainly not him. He was just a lazy fucker. Its easy to slag off the lazy but you can at least appreciate that they are capable but bone idle. Whereas Bobby Shinton, George Riley, Pingel etc were just out of their depth. Smith is just flavour of the month to slag off for kids on here. He isnt the best but we have had literally hundreds worse than him in the last 35 years (mainly in the first 17 of those years like).

Me either but certainly not him. He was just a lazy f***er. Its easy to slag off the lazy but you can at least appreciate that they are capable but bone idle. Whereas Bobby Shinton, George Riley, Pingel etc were just out of their depth. Smith is just flavour of the month to slag off for kids on here. He isnt the best but we have had literally hundreds worse than him in the last 35 years (mainly in the first 17 of those years like).

Mavis was terrible, wasn't one of his nicknames Rambo?  Shinton was a tidy little player, he just couldn't score goals for us.  I wouldn't know where to start trying to pick a worst player that I've seen play for Newcastle.

Even the shit foreign flops over the years atleast had some footballing ability. Some perspective is needed, they looked out of place in good sides, Smith looked out of place in the Championship.

Ergo, worst player I've seen. (admittedly I've only watched one season outside the top flight, many others on here will have a larger timespan to pick from).

Thoughts?

Definitely not true. Mediocre player who gives his all. We've had rubbish players who gave nothing.

Guivarc'h and Luque actually scored more than zero goals for us. So argument ended for that one

But they were strikers. Smith definitely has been better than Luque, he has had the odd good game, unlike Luque.

He's a lot worse than mediocre, man. Tell me the last good game he had, too.

I reckon Marcelino, Bassedas, Luque, Cordone etc would have strolled the second tier of English football. Smith's level has still not been found, I'd like to see how he'd do in an average League One side. Although, I've seen League One players who can pass a football so it doesn't bode well for him.

Me either but certainly not him. He was just a lazy f***er. Its easy to slag off the lazy but you can at least appreciate that they are capable but bone idle. Whereas Bobby Shinton, George Riley, Pingel etc were just out of their depth. Smith is just flavour of the month to slag off for kids on here. He isnt the best but we have had literally hundreds worse than him in the last 35 years (mainly in the first 17 of those years like).

Mavis was terrible, wasn't one of his nicknames Rambo?  Shinton was a tidy little player, he just couldn't score goals for us.  I wouldn't know where to start trying to pick a worst player that I've seen play for Newcastle.

Fall over Fereday.

Billy Askew

Paul thingy, Gazza's mate.

Mark Stimson

Also remember a Darren someone, I'm fairly sure it was Keegan that paid the money out for him.

It's probably fair to point out that injuries have quite literally crippled his career. He was a decent player before the leg break.

Yes, I agree, and maybe taking into account this point I am being harsh. However, current day Alan Smith is barely a footballer.

I reckon Marcelino, Bassedas, Luque, Cordone etc would have strolled the second tier of English football. Smith's level has still not been found, I'd like to see how he'd do in an average League One side. Although, I've seen League One players who can pass a football so it doesn't bode well for him.

Cordone looked like he could have turned out to be a class player in his first few games, I didn't think Bassedas was that bad either and Luque never recovered from his thigh injury.

It's probably fair to point out that injuries have quite literally crippled his career. He was a decent player before the leg break.

Yes, I agree, and maybe taking into account this point I am being harsh. However, current day Alan Smith is barely a footballer.

Good job Allardyce/Ashley didn't know this before we bought him, oh wait...