Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

If we're paying off the whole contract rather than striking a deal then we may as well keep him as a motivational speaker.

To motivate what, fed-up season ticket holders to attack him with sticks?

Young black kids

Really think it'll be great if the day Smith finally leaves everyone on the forum gets absolutely wasted and we have a big "Alan Smith leaving party" thread where we just get drunk and talk shite.

I'm doing it anyway. And don't you dare merge it into this thread Dave, this thread is full of pain and suffering and would not fit in with the joy we'll all be feeling.

After being told his name would be circulated to rival clubs, Smith has already attracted interest from former team Leeds United – as well as lucrative offers from the Middle East and Major League Soccer clubs in America.

Time to leave, like.

Watched the full 90mins last night of the villa 6:0 at the start of the season and smith actually had a good game! Buzzed around nicked the ball back a lot without fouling. When he got it played neat quick passes and kept us ticking over. He also nearly scored when he busted a gut to get in the box but was tripped up. It's about the only game i remember him having a decent game last season but i think we signed Tiote shortly after so he probably just gave up trying. That or it was a fluky game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying he had a good game but I mean a good game for him, compared with say Tiote it would probably be the equivalent of a distinctly average Tiote game.

Watched the full 90mins last night of the villa 6:0 at the start of the season and smith actually had a good game! Buzzed around nicked the ball back a lot without fouling. When he got it played neat quick passes and kept us ticking over. He also nearly scored when he busted a gut to get in the box but was tripped up. It's about the only game i remember him having a decent game last season but i think we signed Tiote shortly after so he probably just gave up trying. That or it was a fluky game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying he had a good game but I mean a good game for him, compared with say Tiote it would probably be the equivalent of a distinctly average Tiote game.

Everyone was great that day, though. Even Perch looked decent at right back and Routledge was great at right wing.