ITV

Dave

Chiles is good, he's a step in the right direction for ITV.

:no: steve ryder at least knows what he's on about, and makes sure football is talked about instead of someone trying to put a joke into every sentence

Thats what he was hired for tho. 

The coverage on both channels has been a tad annoying but ITV is top of the shit pile.  I dont know how they get it wrong time after time.  Do they not look at sky and think "we could do that".  Its not like they have to cover the prem league week in week out in full season.

They get the a tourn every 2 years and the champs league.

Useless.

Chiles is good, he's a step in the right direction for ITV.

:no: steve ryder at least knows what he's on about, and makes sure football is talked about instead of someone trying to put a joke into every sentence

Ryder was a shocking presenter. Never seemed to care about anything he was covering the dull fucker.

get more annoyed with some of the smug BBC lot though. I pay directly towards that and don't like to see licence payers money wasted especially if some of its mine.

Very much this.

Another thing: I know England are a priority but must we have so much of a build-up to a game dominated by England news? A quick segment on them I'd understand, but for example, about 70% of the Chile-Honduras build-up was just blabbering on about England (anyone see Desailly being an utter pleb?) and come to think of it I'm not even sure they gave any time to either of the 2 teams they were showing! Pathetic.

Another thing: I know England are a priority but must we have so much of a build-up to a game dominated by England news? A quick segment on them I'd understand, but for example, about 70% of the Chile-Honduras build-up was just blabbering on about England (anyone see Desailly being an utter pleb?) and come to think of it I'm not even sure they gave any time to either of the 2 teams they were showing! Pathetic.

Agreed

They shouldn't half an hour's build-up if most of it has got nowt to do with the match in question.

Milking it for all its worth.

I agree, its a pain in the arse.

The people who create the world cup prog on ITV must think everyone is a Sun news paper reader.  :crazy2:

This is one of the reasons Euro 2008 was so enjoyable for me.

Guest Geordiesned

They didn't even show the teams before kick off!

Mirror saying that people have phoned to OFCOM and complained about the standard of ITV's coverage.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/World-Cup-Welcome-to-the-Woe-Cup-on-ITV-as-fans-complain-in-their-thousands-at-embarrassing-TV-coverage-from-South-Africa-article467469.html

Viewers have slammed:

* Host Adrian Chiles’s scruffy appearance.

* The poor quality of pundits, including Kevin Keegan

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Chiles is a bit out of his depth, good for a little show like MOTD 2 though.

This. Perfect for a tongue in cheek magazine show like MOTD 2 but nowhere near good enough as a serious frontline anchor.

The best thing about ITV is that they don't have Mark Bright on their staff.

I was just thinking today how Colin Murray is very 'ITV' but actually on the BBC staff.

I don't see how he's 'ITV' tbh.

The best thing about ITV is that they don't have Mark Bright on their staff.

I was just thinking today how Colin Murray is very 'ITV' but actually on the BBC staff.

I don't see how he's 'ITV' tbh.

It's because he's shit.

Should stick to Channel 5

Footbal and ITV just don't go together well

They never have and never will

A bit like reading a newspaper while riding a motorbike.

Both are entertaining when done separatly but you wouldn't dream of doing both at the same time

Can anyone understand a word Adebyor (sp) says?

Footbal and ITV just don't go together well

They never have and never will

A bit like reading a newspaper while riding a motorbike.

Both are entertaining when done separatly but you wouldn't dream of doing both at the same time

Can anyone understand a word Adebyor (sp) says?

Nar, ITV is just fucking shit.