Given's Return

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest newcastleandrangers

why the hell is given getting a hard time he stayed with us for years gave his all.then decided to seek a new challage so give him credit.

why the hell is given getting a hard time he stayed with us for years gave his all.then decided to seek a new challage so give him credit.

Because the greedy cunt lied to supporters and bailed out 13 games away from us being relegated.

Just a thought.

He decided to jump ship when the club was in turmoil.  Just when you want leaders at the club he ran off and was all smiles when he joined City.

Thanks shay, thanks a ot.

Be hilarious if he goes there. Fulham are so lucky though because he's far too good for them.

If he was far too good for them he would go to a better club. As it is, he's just a selfish little shit who's lucky Fulham will provide him with an escape route from the City bench.

Be hilarious if he goes there. Fulham are so lucky though because he's far too good for them.

If he was far too good for them he would go to a better club. As it is, he's just a selfish little shit who's lucky Fulham will provide him with an escape route from the City bench.

Bollocks, Citeh have blocked a move to Arsenal as they don't want him playing for their rivals. Same as blocking Bellamy to Spurs and sending him to Cardiff.

Bollocks, Citeh have blocked a move to Arsenal as they don't want him playing for their rivals. Same as blocking Bellamy to Spurs and sending him to Cardiff.

Well City was his dream club when he signed, I distinctly remember him telling the whole world about it after engineering a move from his adoring fans at Newcastle. So if City blocked his move to Arsenal they are well within their rights. After all they paid us the money for him when Arsenal didn't want to when he jumped ship.

Well City was his dream club when he signed, I distinctly remember him telling the whole world about it after engineering a move from his adoring fans at Newcastle. So if City blocked his move to Arsenal they are well within their rights. After all they paid us the money for him when Arsenal didn't want to when he jumped ship.

ok. But the point you were making is that he can't attract a better club, he can, just Citeh don't want him to move there.

In all honesty that makes it all the more satisfying seeing him in this position, and those who reckon he should have waited till the end of the season to move to a proper club and help keep us up were truly justified in thinking so.

It's strange. If you look at all the players that jumped when we were sinking, you could maybe say that owen got a good move. The rest are just bench warmers.

He's not even making the bench.

Very poor move for him in my opinion. He needs to be playing more in order to be fit enough. That was never going to happen at Manure. He's just too much of a cock to move to a lower ranked club and play for them more consistently.

Guest firetotheworks

Not that I want to start the whole Given debate again, because it's pretty much conclusive that the opinion is split on him. Assuming that he's one of the ones that jumped the sinking ship (for arguments sake) then who has really benefitted from doing so?

Owen: No

Beye: No

Martins: No

Given: No

NZogbia: Possibly

Bassong: Probably

Duff: Probably

Viduka: No, but he was winding down anyway.

Not that I want to start the whole Given debate again, because it's pretty much conclusive that the opinion is split on him. Assuming that he's one of the ones that jumped the sinking ship (for arguments sake) then who has really benefitted from doing so?

the biggest benfiters were us!

I think that's a fair assessment. Zoggy is currently in a relegation battling team while Duff is now playing in a carcass of a one season wonder club who he luckily road on board for for that season. Zoggy will get his move to a better club, but give us a year of so in the prem I think we'd be on par with any club he'll make a move to this window.

Why's Bassong not been playing? Is he injured?

I think Duff was only ever going to do well at a smaller club tbh. I don't think he relished being in the spotlight much.

It's strange. If you look at all the players that jumped when we were sinking, you could maybe say that owen got a good move. The rest are just bench warmers.

He's not even making the bench.

Very poor move for him in my opinion. He needs to be playing more in order to be fit enough. That was never going to happen at Manure. He's just too much of a cock to move to a lower ranked club and play for them more consistently.

Given isn't the only player who engineered a move to city, dumping on his previous club. Only to be tossed aside down the line when somebody better came along. Karma.

Guest samjack

You 'Given haters' just boil my piss personally.....i've been supporting this club for longer than most of you lot have been on this earth & he has been the best keeper in my opinion in that time.

Give the guy a break for god's sake, if anyone deserved a move to a 'more succsessful' club then he did & the timing of it would'nt have made the slightest bit of difference regarding relegation anyway, infact in my opinion we needed to go down to re-group & re-think the best way forward as a club.