Given's Return

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Even though Shay Given left us by handing in a transfer request, or whatever he did to get out of St. James Park.....I can´t believe that everyone seems to hate him, wish him all the worst etc..

First of all, He was an outstanding player for Newcastle who always gave 100% when he played here. As one of the best goalkeepers in the premiership, he surely had big ambitions and when the club managed to collapse from being a Champions League contender in 2005, turning into relegation battle only a couple of years later, of course he had to consider his options. The club was in a total mess, and managers kept coming in and out of the club... I can understand why he wanted to leave the club, and I think everyone should appreciate what he did for Newcastle United during his 12 years at the club, instead of blaming him for leaving us.

Even Alan Shearer said he considered to leave Newcastle when Ruud Gullit was in charge..

Shay Given is a legend in my opnion, and I would have loved to see him have a testimonial match at St. James Park. After 12 years service he surely don´t deserve this shit against him.

Hard to judge Hart's ability at this stage but he does look like he could be a decent prospect.

:lol: :lol:

Aye. :lol:

He's only played 150+ games of professional football. Astounding at his age as a goalkeeper really.

Even though Shay Given left us by handing in a transfer request, or whatever he did to get out of St. James Park.....I can´t believe that everyone seems to hate him, wish him all the worst etc..

First of all, He was an outstanding player for Newcastle who always gave 100% when he played here. As one of the best goalkeepers in the premiership, he surely had big ambitions and when the club managed to collapse from being a Champions League contender in 2005, turning into relegation battle only a couple of years later, of course he had to consider his options. The club was in a total mess, and managers kept coming in and out of the club... I can understand why he wanted to leave the club, and I think everyone should appreciate what he did for Newcastle United during his 12 years at the club, instead of blaming him for leaving us.

Even Alan Shearer said he considered to leave Newcastle when Ruud Gullit was in charge..

Shay Given is a legend in my opnion, and I would have loved to see him have a testimonial match at St. James Park. After 12 years service he surely don´t deserve this shit against him.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. When he 'engineered' his transfer the club was like a fucking disease, still is kinda, and he could only see it going one way. He gave us great service and served us impeccably and I truly believe that he would have been deeply hurt at what he saw was happening at the club, just like us. Who can blame him for walking away? He was one of the Premiership's top 5 keepers so why stay? Especially when it looked like it was only gonna get worse?!

One of our best ever keepers if you ask me!!

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. When he 'engineered' his transfer the club was like a fucking disease, still is kinda, and he could only see it going one way. He gave us great service and served us impeccably and I truly believe that he would have been deeply hurt at what he saw was happening at the club, just like us. Who can blame him for walking away? He was one of the Premiership's top 5 keepers so why stay? Especially when it looked like it was only gonna get worse?!

This is what I can't buy into. Some people seem to need to believe it, but there's simply no fucking way him or any other local hero who's ever walked out of here feel "just like us" about the club.

This is what I can't buy into. Some people seem to need to believe it, but there's simply no fucking way him or any other local hero who's ever walked out of here feel "just like us" about the club.

In my opinion I think he would have. He's Irish, he's not some foreign bandit, he spent 10+ plus years at this club, in this region. His kids grew up here, I very much doubt he left as easy as people make out.

Of course he didn't care :lol: If he had, he wouldn't have left in the middle of the season.

There's no way he was 'just like us'. I wouldn't abandon this club if we slumped all the way to the Unibond Premier Division.

Then again, he got so much from the extra 5 months at City :rolleyes:

Bollocks. Look at the state the club was in. That, sorry them, utter fat cunts in charge and weasly little cockney cunt pulling the strings, who wouldn't want out?!? He was at his prime, definitely right to go!

Bollocks. Look at the state the club was in. That, sorry them, utter fat c***s in charge and weasly little cockney c*** pulling the strings, who wouldn't want out?!? He was at his prime, definitely right to go!

Colo, Jonas, Taylor, Enrique... I could go on.

He would still have been in his prime in July. He really didn't have to go at the end of January.

Bollocks. Look at the state the club was in. That, sorry them, utter fat cunts in charge and weasly little cockney cunt pulling the strings, who wouldn't want out?!? He was at his prime, definitely right to go!

Bollocks. Do you support Shay or Newcastle? You cite that he gave good service and I agree, cracking player, but we all helped pay his wages in return for that service. As has been already stated, anyone who chooses to bail at the worst possible time and damages the club can go jump quite frankly.

I think Given is a legend - I dont blame him for leaving, the timing may not have been the best BUT its clear he had enough of it - he was with us for over 10 years, barring the period under SBR we have been shite, he could have left ages ago as it was clear he wasnt going to win anything with us and that shows he did care enough about the club. The club showed no ambition and I think he was more than entitled to want to leave for a club where his chances of winning something is far greater

I dont really care whether he plays or not for city BUT I would definately applaud him on his return

Applaud and cheer when his name is announced (if they announce the bench), then launch into songs about him not getting a game and Harper playing.

Can't begrudge him much given his service to the club, he was a bit of a tit in leaving but were are no worse off.

Hard to judge Hart's ability at this stage but he does look like he could be a decent prospect.

Heads up, smart arse is on the case. I better watch what i say or super fan will get me.

I'm well aware that Hart has been around for a couple of years and has shown himself to be a good young keeper but the exact same thing was said about Carson, Green, Robinson and Kirkland, all of which haven't lived up to their expectation. Lets see how he copes after his first mistake.

Anyone who uses smiley faces as a reply is a cunt, glad i could help.

I'll take that as you conceding defeat.

Heads up, smart arse is on the case. I better watch what i say or super fan will get me.

I'm well aware that Hart has been around for a couple of years and has shown himself to be a good young keeper but the exact same thing was said about Carson, Green, Robinson and Kirkland, all of which haven't lived up to their expectation. Lets see how he copes after his first mistake.

Anyone who uses smiley faces as a reply is a c***, glad i could help.

:lol:

Only kidding, don't hurt me :pow:

At what point was Kirkland or Carson no.1 for a club chasing Champions League football and their country? At what point did they ever look like decent (ish) keepers who could improve in time? Hart has everything. He's already better than Shay Given, man. Your post was ridiculous and I was only one of a few to find it funny, wise up.

At what point was Kirkland or Carson no.1 for a club chasing Champions League football and their country? At what point did they ever look like decent (ish) keepers who could improve in time? Hart has everything. He's already better than Shay Given, man. Your post was ridiculous and I was only one of a few to find it funny, wise up.

At least others had the decency to make a comment, you once again decided to be clever. When did you become such a hot shot on this forum? I remember the days when people used to frequently laugh at your ridiculous posts, until you created this god complex. Perhaps you would get more respect by debating people's points rather than being a clever shit. Although respect isn't something you want, i'm well aware of that.

Kirkland is a former international and used to player for Liverpool, or did that erase from your memory? I along with alot of other people considered him one mof the most talented young keepers we had, until his career was hit my constant injury. Admittedly his career has faded somewhat but that only adds to my point with Hart, it's amazing how the tide turns.

As for Carson, he too was decent prospect but the not strongest example i could have given.

Hart's an excellent young keeper but to say he's better than someone with over 100 international caps and 400 premiership appearances, as well as Champions league games is, quite frankly, "funny"... so wise up.