Given's Return

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what the fuck is with the shay hatred jesus christ people he gave everything for 10 years and he finally had enough of our circus

I take it you dont remember the way he went about leaving?

i do and i couldnt blame him, with jfk and all the other mess that was going on at the time he finally had enough, he gave us 10 years of superb service and imo that outweighs anything else he did

He was a top player for us but he saw fit to choose a path that damaged the club when we were right on the brink. Anyone who does that, absolutely anyone, can fuck right off.

what the fuck is with the shay hatred jesus christ people he gave everything for 10 years and he finally had enough of our circus

He didn't "give" anything at all.

He was extremely well remunerated for doing his job over ten years. When he decided his own interests were better served by a move elsewhere, he had his lawyer mouth off in the press to try and engineer a move without handing in a transfer request, because that would have meant more money for him. In the middle of a season where we badly needed whatever solidity we could find, he fucked off and left us to our fate.

Fuck him. I can't help but enjoy the fact that he's not getting it all his own way at City.

ManShitty won't let him go, they'll need a back up they can rely on.

Maybe we can sell them Steve Harper for £25 million.

Nah we're the only club that doesn't get outrageous fees when we transfer our players to City.

what the f*** is with the shay hatred jesus christ people he gave everything for 10 years and he finally had enough of our circus

i do and i couldnt blame him, with jfk and all the other mess that was going on at the time he finally had enough, he gave us 10 years of superb service and imo that outweighs anything else he did

The ten years he gave us were fantastic, but it's completely wiped out by the circumstances in which he left.

Fed up with the circus? You sound as if the rest of us were loving it. Taylor didn't leave, Shola didn't leave, Enrique didn't leave, Jonas didn't leave - it couldn't have been that bad.

The sad fact is, if he'd waited until the end of the season and left during the summer, it would all have been amicable and there probably would be no hatred. There was no need to abandon us mid-season and there was certainly no need, if true, to be faking injuries and forcing our hand.

Judas through and through. Hope he rots in City's reserves.

what the f*** is with the shay hatred jesus christ people he gave everything for 10 years and he finally had enough of our circus

The ten years he gave us were fantastic, but it's completely wiped out by the circumstances in which he left.

Fed up with the circus? You sound as if the rest of us were loving it. Taylor didn't leave, Shola didn't leave, Enrique didn't leave, Jonas didn't leave - it couldn't have been that bad.

The sad fact is, if he'd waited until the end of the season and left during the summer, it would all have been amicable and there probably would be no hatred. There was no need to abandon us mid-season and there was certainly no need, if true, to be faking injuries and forcing our hand.

Judas through and through. Hope he rots in City's reserves.

Agree with all of that. :nods:

I wouldn't really have minded if he'd handed a trasnfer request in on Jan 1st and said he wasn't happy and wanted a move away. That would have been the honest and upfront thing to do but the snake hung on until the bitter end. He eventually handed one in about 4 weeks later to force the transfer through.

Grade A wanker and I hope he wins fuck all, wherever he ends up. Fuck him.

Can someone explain to me in a nutshell the utter hatred for Given now?! Must admit I wasn't taking much notice when he left, just thought he'd jumped a sinking ship. Is that the deal? Or something else?

It's all a bit pathetic really. Never ceases to amaze me the bitterness of Newcastle fans.

Guest Stephen927

If Hart continues his development he'll be far better than Given ever was. Bold move by Mancini to pick Hart and it paid dividends. Good news for England too.

Can someone explain to me in a nutshell the utter hatred for Given now?! Must admit I wasn't taking much notice when he left, just thought he'd jumped a sinking ship. Is that the deal? Or something else?

It's all a bit pathetic really. Never ceases to amaze me the bitterness of Newcastle fans.

Actually it's not, it's fully deserved and fans are not bitter just disappointed in the way Given engineered his move.

If Hart continues his development he'll be far better than Given ever was. Bold move by Mancini to pick Hart and it paid dividends. Good news for England too.

He looked a complete keeper today, which is something Given has failed to do throughout his career. His command of the area, shot stopping, distribution and kicking were flawless today.

Hard to judge Hart's ability at this stage but he does look like he could be a decent prospect.

He'll have to be good to be better than Given though, Given was/still is a fantastic keeper.

Didn't feel too much venom towards Given at the time for leaving, but have to say I've been tickled by the developments at City. Hope he wins nowt in his career.

It does seem to be the right choice as well, for Hart to get the nod. Big, commanding keepers ftw.

Actually it's not, it's fully deserved and fans are not bitter just disappointed in the way Given engineered his move.

It was a year and a half ago, move on. Theres plenty more players to be angry with than Given, I wasn't really that much of a fan of his and I don't feel the massive hatred towards him like other people seem to. Then again I also don't celebrate when our own players get injured either like alot on here do.

Hard to judge Hart's ability at this stage but he does look like he could be a decent prospect.

He'll have to be good to be better than Given though, Given was/still is a fantastic keeper.

Eh, what about last season? And the two seasons before that?

Guest Stephen927

Positive to think the lad is still learning his trade too, hopefully England will be set for a reliable long-term number 1, something we haven't had in ages.