Sky Sports News to be removed from Freeview

Guest n4e

Down with this sort of thing!

Careful now

^sorry couldn't resist

But these are sad times for freeviewers.....................well at least Soccer Saturday is still streamable on the Sky Sports website (I hope so anyway)

So its free on freeview and i cannot view it on Sky cos it says need a sports package ,wtf cannot view it on its own platform mental  :idiot2:

You don't need the sports package, you need the news package which is included in the basic sky subscription.  I agree its strange though that its free on one service but not totally free on Sky..

So its free on freeview and i cannot view it on Sky cos it says need a sports package ,wtf cannot view it on its own platform mental  :idiot2:

You don't need the sports package, you need the news package which is included in the basic sky subscription.  I agree its strange though that its free on one service but not totally free on Sky..

Wrong. You need Sky Sports.

Wrong. You need Sky Sports.

No, thats wrong.

If you just want sky sports news, you only need the "news and events" pack, which give you sky news, ssn hd, eurosport etc

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5846/skyx.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fair enough, I'm half right though, it's not included in the basic Sky subscription. I've got Sky News but not SSN. Watch it on Freeview atm, not for long though.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never watched it.

It's sports 'news' i.e. unsubstantiated rumour provided by third-rate presenters who are chosen by the House of Murdoch - in other words - fuckwits.

Let the fuckers rot and die.

Don't sit there pussy footing around

Say what you really think

Guest dazzanufc1892

Really pleased about this, now my friends can stop going on about how sky is a waste of money.

To be honest i think sky is a bargain these days, basic package, 200 channels, unlimited 20meg internet, phone line rental + unlimited evening & weekend calls all for £34, cant argue with that.

Freeview is free though, £0 a month.

I would get Sky if you could be more flexible with what you want (i.e. just sports!) - but I would never watch 90% of those 200 channels.

no telly is free thanks to the BBC

Freeview is free though, £0 a month.

I would get Sky if you could be more flexible with what you want (i.e. just sports!) - but I would never watch 90% of those 200 channels.

no telly is free thanks to the BBC

Fair point, you also pay the licence fee with Sky though... or at least you're supposed to!

BBC is well worth the money IMO.

Guest johnson293

Sky have just bumped the cost of skysports by £3

shows you what c***s they are

That is so they can raise the wholesale price, as BT Vision have just announced their pricing for Sky Sports 1 & 2 on their platform, which undercuts Sky.

Sky responded by saying they will raise the wholesale price (that BT, virgin, etc pay them for the channels), which they can only do if they raise the retail price first... hence the £3 rise to the customer.

• 2 months later...