John Terry reinstated as England captain

Parky

Terry declares: I want to be Chelsea manager

“I want to go into management after I finish playing, even though it’s a lot of pressure. I would love to be Chelsea manager, and that’s the natural progression. I would want to go straight in at the deep end.   :kasper: :mackems:

:clap: Oh yes please. The failure would be fucking glorious.

The delusions of grandeur are Hitleresque.

Chelsea managers- Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Terry.  :laugh:

To be fair to Terry, if he can talk Vanessa Perroncel into his bed then he can talk anybody into anything.

Guest Howaythetoon

Capello is a great manager but isn't the right man for England long-term. Once this tournament ends for England which based on recent performances could well be sooner rather than later, I think Capello needs replaced and replaced by an expressive manager who focuses on performance and playing football rather than the result.

England aren't and haven't been playing well for a long time now despite impressive qualifying results and that needs to change if England are to prosper in major tournaments where possession of the ball is critical.

England haven't really played good football or kept possession of the ball as good as the opposition in general since Sir Bobby's days, a manager who focused on the performance as much as the result, an expressive manager who liked his team to attack, who liked his flair players.

It is no coincidence that is the last time England have looked most capable of winning the World Cup with such an expressive manager in charge. England's major weakness today and for a very long time now is in keeping the ball and moving it around and this is the why we fail in major tournaments where possession and moving the ball is key.

To combat that we need a manager in place who encourages flair, who encourages attacking play, who focuses on performance and not a manager like Capello who is regimented and mainly focused on tactics, results and discipline. Just like Sven. Capello's England is like watching Sven's, tough work. They play the same kind of turgid, one dimensional football with players out of position and players being shoehorned into the team, team's that rely on the individual far too often, the Beckhams or the Rooneys.

But players like that need freedom, they need to play in a team that attacks, that tries to play football, a team that can keep possession.

We will never be able to keep the ball like Spain or move it like Brazil but surely we can compete with your Algerias of this world who at times passed us off the pitch.

Someone like a Hiddink or an Arsene Wenger even...

As others have said, we can't keep blaming the manager but by the same token, we can't keep blaming the players who week in week out at an arguably higher level (Champions League) prove themselves to be some of the best in the world for their respective clubs.

Capello is a great manager but isn't the right man for England long-term. Once this tournament ends for England which based on recent performances could well be sooner rather than later, I think Capello needs replaced and replaced by an expressive manager who focuses on performance and playing football rather than the result.

England aren't and haven't been playing well for a long time now despite impressive qualifying results and that needs to change if England are to prosper in major tournaments where possession of the ball is critical.

England haven't really played good football or kept possession of the ball as good as the opposition in general since Sir Bobby's days, a manager who focused on the performance as much as the result, an expressive manager who liked his team to attack, who liked his flair players.

It is no coincidence that is the last time England have looked most capable of winning the World Cup with such an expressive manager in charge. England's major weakness today and for a very long time now is in keeping the ball and moving it around and this is the why we fail in major tournaments where possession and moving the ball is key.

To combat that we need a manager in place who encourages flair, who encourages attacking play, who focuses on performance and not a manager like Capello who is regimented and mainly focused on tactics, results and discipline. Just like Sven. Capello's England is like watching Sven's, tough work. They play the same kind of turgid, one dimensional football with players out of position and players being shoehorned into the team, team's that rely on the individual far too often, the Beckhams or the Rooneys.

But players like that need freedom, they need to play in a team that attacks, that tries to play football, a team that can keep possession.

We will never be able to keep the ball like Spain or move it like Brazil but surely we can compete with your Algerias of this world who at times passed us off the pitch.

As others have said, we can't keep blaming the manager but by the same token, we can't keep blaming the players who week in week out at an arguably higher level (Champions League) prove themselves to be some of the best in the world for their respective clubs.

Good post mate, but completely wrong.

Capello is a great manager but isn't the right man for England long-term...

It isn't Capello: he had the side practically purring in qualification. Like he says, it's all in their heads. They've bottled it and seized up.

I suppose it's possible someone like Mourinho could charm them past their mental block, but that's what it is. Mental.

He should compensate for it better if its mental.

Heskeys probably effected mentally more than any & hes had our best chances and missed them. Thats down to Capello.

Heskey has *always* been like that. The only thing you can blame Capello for is picking him. Which is a pretty big black mark against him, tbh.

He should compensate for it better if its mental.

Heskeys probably effected mentally more than any & hes had our best chances and missed them. Thats down to Capello.

Heskey has *always* been like that. The only thing you can blame Capello for is picking him. Which is a pretty big black mark against him, tbh.

Racist.

I'd have started Heskey against the USA like. Where Capello has gone wrong is sticking with him, whilst playing Rooney even deeper than usual (i just don't see the need, if you've got Gerrard and Lampard both in the middle, get Rooney well up the pitch ffs).

Fwiw, i don't think Heskey will start against Slovenia.

Sent his doppelganger along as he didn't want to play now he is not el capitan.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00725/TrannieTerry-682_725968a.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never get sick of this.

Sent his doppelganger along as he didn't want to play now he is not el capitan.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00725/TrannieTerry-682_725968a.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never get sick of this.

:lol:

It's just too perfect, man.

They've nearly got the exact same spot on their cheek aswell.

Its been a long time coming but Terry has imploded, he was a ticking time bomb.

The look on his face when he plays, how he goes on about integrity but cheats week in week out, his over aggression, his lack of respect and misplaced priorities, his sickening narcissism.

His ego has long influenced his actions, and it now seems to be totally dictating them.

If he had an ounce of intelligence about him I might be arsed to pick apart what he says, but the fact he is oblivious to the level of rubbish he spouts every time he is interviewed is often incomprehensible.

Someone needs to take his f**king blinkers off and give him a hard tw*t in the jaw! Maybe if he saw things coming he'd be a little wiser.

Just listened to that interview with Capello.  It sounded very much like Terry is getting dropped.

capello said he was hoping for a big performance from him, so i doubt it.

Or he is shagging someone Capello knows.

Thank christ we have John Terry. Otherwise we'd have probably given Carragher a starting role in the qualifiers, and we wouldn't have even made it to South Africa.

We wouldn't as he was still in his self imposed exile then.

He'd have never retired if not for the likes of Terry keeping him out of the team.

Wrong

Wrong

Why is it wrong, or is all he's getting is a one word answer to his mega (mini) post?

:lol: Holy shit they do!

It's officially uncanny.

Oh my God I love that fucking picture.

I thought it was a photoshop job.

:nope: :lol: Both real people. The John Terry tranny is a real person, man.