John Terry reinstated as England captain

Parky

Guest Stephen927

The joke is on Carraghers family there.

Probably. I think one of the silly sods married her.

http://www.johnnyikon.com/data/articles/2009/03/2863/Picture15.png

"After one year of punishment, Terry will again be the permanent captain. I think one year's punishment is enough."

"John, when he played without the armband, was everytime a leader on the pitch, a leader in the dressing room. He was really good every time.

"Always he is the same. He is a player that is himself a leader. This is really important. He is the biggest personality in the dressing room."

"Sometimes the leader can make mistakes - not only him but I, you, all the people.

"It is not a risk making Terry captain again. He understood the mistake and he learnt from his mistakes.

"He will be a very important captain for us because when I choose him, I know he is a leader.

"I also think the players will be happy. I think so. They respect John Terry as a leader, absolutely."

"I tried to meet Rio at the Manchester United game [against Marseille in the Champions League] on Wednesday.

"He was ready to meet me but he preferred not to meet us. I don't know why. It is a question for him, not me.

"I was ready, I wanted to speak with him and explain my decision.

"I hope I will meet him in the future to speak with him personally and privately, not by phone because I think by phone is not so good.

"I hope he will be fit to play for the national team because he is one of the most important people with his experience and value as a player.

"I spoke with Steven and it is no problem for him."

Fucking hell. Capello has been a fantastic club manager, but fuck me, it's like he's purposely trying to be shit at international management.

He couldn't give a shit man. He's known he's a dead man walking since the WC and is just sitting tight until he gets sacked. At £6m a year I'd do exactly the same tbh.

So basically, Capello couldn't wait to give the armband back to Terry, and is now spewing this bullshit about "it's ok, people make mistakes, he's got over that period of his life." Okey dokey Fabio.

Rubbish.

Absolutely mental decision.

"After one year of punishment..." ffs :lol: He sounds like he's punished his son. "John has learned his lesson. I'll be putting his Playstation back in his room now"

Ridiculous decision. Losing the captaincy wasn't a punishment for a misdemeanour in his personal life. It was an acknowledgement of the difficulties for squad morale when the captain if found shagging a team mate's partner or ex-partner.

It's not as though he plays as well for England as he does for his club either.