World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Will we play in white home kit or red away for this one? How is it determined at this stage?

Red, we are the runner up and therefore the away team.

Nice one. Being that our 2 performances in white were awful I feel a lot better about the lucky red. Not that I genuinely believe it'll make a blind bit of difference to the result like but still..

Will we play in white home kit or red away for this one? How is it determined at this stage?

Red = England Victory  :smug:

Aye!

Nice one. Being that our 2 performances in white were awful I feel a lot better about the lucky red. Not that I genuinely believe it'll make a blind bit of difference to the result like but still..

The last time we beat Germany in a major competition we played in red too.

It will if the players start to believe it.

The last time we beat Germany in a major competition we played in red too.

Will be red shirts with white shorts, though, right?

I'd rather lose to the Germans than that cheating little Argie twat. Can you imagine the posturing if the Argies beat us. I can see us beating the Germans and losing to Messi - I can't stand the thought of Maradona celebrating.

Shit; I'd rather lose to Scotland than that drugged up, cheating, lying, self righteous dwarf. Come on the Germans.

I'd rather lose to the Germans than that cheating little Argie twat. Can you imagine the posturing if the Argies beat us. I can see us beating the Germans and losing to Messi - I can't stand the thought of Maradona celebrating.

Shit; I'd rather lose to Scotland than that drugged up, cheating, lying, self righteous dwarf. Come on the Germans.

Capello should be a good enough manager to know how to stop Messi. Even Rehagel with his bloody bad team could stop Messi. Inter kept him quiet for 2 x 90 mins as well. Messi shouldn't be the problem.

And if he isn't the problem anymore, there won't be any problem left.

I'd rather lose to the Germans than that cheating little Argie t***. Can you imagine the posturing if the Argies beat us. I can see us beating the Germans and losing to Messi - I can't stand the thought of Maradona celebrating.

s***; I'd rather lose to Scotland than that drugged up, cheating, lying, self righteous dwarf. Come on the Germans.

Capello should be a good enough manager to know how to stop Messi. Even Rehagel with his bloody bad team could stop Messi. Inter kept him quiet for 2 x 90 mins as well. Messi shouldn't be the problem.

Barry would have to do a job on him as if he gets anywhere near the hole in front of Terry/ Carragher/ Upson he will take them to pieces. Could I see Barry doing an effective job on Messi? No.

I'd rather lose to the Germans than that cheating little Argie t***. Can you imagine the posturing if the Argies beat us. I can see us beating the Germans and losing to Messi - I can't stand the thought of Maradona celebrating.

s***; I'd rather lose to Scotland than that drugged up, cheating, lying, self righteous dwarf. Come on the Germans.

Barry would have to do a job on him as if he gets anywhere near the hole in front of Terry/ Carragher/ Upson he will take them to pieces. Could I see Barry doing an effective job on Messi? No.

If Messi gets man-marked he won't be able to do anything in the game. Barry is better than that greek lad Sokratis who did a good job against Messi.

Got to agree with Bluf.

Maybe I watched a different game yesterday when you played Slovenia? Yes it was better than against Algeria, but you still struggled to put much of note together and ended up beating a very poor team 1-0 without looking particularly great.

By all means be optimistic, I actually think you'll beat the Germans if you get your act together and start playing like you're capable of. But if you play like you have so far in the tournament you'll probably get your arses handed to you tbh.

I thought we created a shedload of chances and only poor finishing and some terrific goalkeeping stopped us winning the group. The Germans won't do what the other three sides have and put men behind the ball and that will suit us down to the ground.

There's always a wierd thing going on with this game. In a local radio poll 65% thought Eng will win. The fear is there on both sides.

Last months FourFourTwo had an interesting article on the German mentality. The title was "Q. Why will Germany do well at the World Cup Finals? A. Because they always do". It says that it doesn't really matter how much ability German players have, but they've got an unshakable winning mentality thats been drilled into them all their lives. Thats why they overachieve time and time again - they've been brought up as Turniermannschaft (a tournament team). The U21 and U17 winning sides of late have epitomised this.

Still think England will win though  :pow:

The main things they have are very good organisation, pitch intelligence and positional awareness and they always seem to be fitter and fresher than us. It will take 2 goals if we do it. I never know untill I wake up on the morning of the game if I think we can win. Atm think we are going to pay the price for the first two pathetic performances and especially for Rooney's mental breakdown at this tournament.

... Apart from Higuain, Di Maria, Tevez, Aguero, Milito and the rest of the potential match-winners in their squad... But if THEY aren't a problem anymore, we're laughing.

Guest neesy111

If Messi gets man-marked he won't be able to do anything in the game. Barry is better than that greek lad Sokratis who did a good job against Messi.

:no: :no: :no: :no: messi will just tire his marker out, if that is successful why haven't all teams tried to do it