World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Three reasons England should be very worried ...

Mesut Osil - The key thing with this guy is the way he exploits space, particularly between the midfield and defence. Who will consistently pick him up for England? Not sure Barry or Lampard will be up to it for 90 minutes. One of Englands biggest problems so far this World Cup has been stoppig the passing of the football in and around central midfield. Barry and Lampard just don't have the mobility that is needed. Where's Hargreaves when you need him!

Podolski - The main threat from Podolski is his ability to drift in from the wide left position and get shots on target in. He is also very quick and direct. Seeing Glen Johnson struggle even against Slovenia yesterdy is not a good sign. He will have to be very alert and disciplined on Sunday, or Podolski will manage to get in on goal.

Philip Lahm - Very , very dynamic attacking fullback who plays a big role in German attacking moves. Bombing down the right flank will put a lot of pressure on Steven Gerrard who will really have to track him, and be careful of getting caught drifting into the middle of the pitch. Gerrard was guilty of this numerous times against Algeria who weren't smart enough to exploit it continuously. The Germans will be though.

Should be a fascinating contest.  :aww:

That's a fair enough assessment, Kaka. I think everyone knows we'll need to play well and another Algeria or US performance will all but certainly see us out. The performance yesterday wasn't fantastic but for chunks we really got some momentum going and played like we can, and at one point we looked rampant.

The thing of course being, we were playing Slovenia. I'm cautiously optimstic though.

Three reasons England should be very worried ...

Mesut Osil - The key thing with this guy is the way he exploits space, particularly between the midfield and defence. Who will consistently pick him up for England? Not sure Barry or Lampard will be up to it for 90 minutes. One of Englands biggest problems so far this World Cup has been stoppig the passing of the football in and around central midfield. Barry and Lampard just don't have the mobility that is needed. Where's Hargreaves when you need him!

Podolski - The main threat from Podolski is his ability to drift in from the wide left position and get shots on target in. He is also very quick and direct. Seeing Glen Johnson struggle even against Slovenia yesterdy is not a good sign. He will have to be very alert and disciplined on Sunday, or Podolski will manage to get in on goal.

Philip Lahm - Very , very dynamic attacking fullback who plays a big role in German attacking moves. Bombing down the right flank will put a lot of pressure on Steven Gerrard who will really have to track him, and be careful of getting caught drifting into the middle of the pitch. Gerrard was guilty of this numerous times against Algeria who weren't smart enough to exploit it continuously. The Germans will be though.

Should be a fascinating contest.  :aww:

Germany have some good players shocker.

Ozil is their biggest threat, regardless of his goal, he has something the rest of their squad lack, and can produce magic moments by himself, like I said last night, we need to take him out early. If he has a quiet game we've got a real chance of winning.

Guest firetotheworks

The game will be on Sunday. It will be a game of football.

Woah, woah, woah, slow down.

Would anyone else play Carrick as a holding CM tomorrow?

What, in training? Probably give it a go, yeah.

We need someone to be able to give a bit of cover so some people decide to run forward with the f**king ball. The commitment and urgency going forward has been horrific! No fluidity, no sharpness of passing, no planning 3 or 4 passes ahead. We've been really gash, and yesterday was pretty poor as well when you consider the space and time we had and how sh*t they were.

As it stands we'll get ripped apart from Germany because we have f**k all going forward!

I'd stick him in there definitely. Then tell the others to get on with their jobs and score a f**king goal.

EDIT: Just relaised the 'tomorrow' part. No idea why I said 'tomorrow' like. You know what I mean

We need someone to be able to give a bit of cover so some people decide to run forward with the f**king ball. The commitment and urgency going forward has been horrific! No fluidity, no sharpness of passing, no planning 3 or 4 passes ahead. We've been really gash, and yesterday was pretty poor as well when you consider the space and time we had and how sh*t they were.

As it stands we'll get ripped apart from Germany because we have f**k all going forward!

I'd stick him in there definitely. Then tell the others to get on with their jobs and score a f**king goal.

EDIT: Just relaised the 'tomorrow' part. No idea why I said 'tomorrow' like. You know what I mean

That's right quarter final against the Germans would be the best time to try out a player who didn't even play that much for Man Utd this season and apparently didn't train today due to injury! Capello would be foolish to do that

That's right quarter final against the Germans would be the best time to try out a player who didn't even play that much for Man Utd this season and apparently didn't train today due to injury! Capello would be foolish to do that

Furry Muff. We're screwed then

I did mate, and was just being a sarcastic twat.

On the Carrick thing, I'd not be chancing him but agree that we need changes for the Germany game.

Tis when Fabio need to earn his money.

rooney has to start scoring, or he has to be dropped

so if he is MotM without scoring on sunday you want him dropped ?

Heskey was dropped after two good games

If you think Heskey had a good game against Algeria, you're a bit mad.

Took him 24 minutes to make a successful pass and only managed to make 5 in the entire game. He was absolutely terrible.

Don't want to agree with Ronaldo but i do in this case, his best attribute is his ability to break up play (ours) and slowing down the game.

Not what we need to start a game with

The only Germany player who worries me is Ozil, if we can keep him quiet we're halfway there.

I'm worried if we play rigid 4-4-2 he'll get ridiculous time and space like he did vs Australia. A man marking job like Greece did on Messi might be good, although I don't know if for example Barry would have the discipline to do it.