World on alert Germans marching again!

Parky

Germany have looked shitter than England imo.

Really?

One absolutely top quality performance against the Aussies, and a win against a good Ghana side despite playing the entire game with Cacau up front. Also should have gotten something against Serbia despite wrongly being reduced to 10 men early on.

Don't get me wrong I think England have every chance of beating Germany, your defence is solid and I think theirs might just be a bit suspect. But you'll need your attacking players to play a lot better than they have done so far and hope your defence holds up against some better opposition.

Just don't see how anyone could say that Germany have looked s*** so far, especially considering they've been without Klose for such extended periods of time.

against australia wasn't a top quality performance but they looked good when the aussied went down to 10. they've still looked better than us though.

We'll be wearing red again, won't we? And then again in the quarters if it's Argentina? (As we're scheduled to be the away team both times.)

Not worried at all now.

Any injury news on the pig farmer and Ozil?

Özil isn't injured. Schweinsteiger reimains a doubt. The german team-doc has said that Sunday could be too early.

I think he'll make it, though.

I haven't seen anything from Germany that makes me think they can win the World Cup. Much the same as England. I think we are pretty evenly matched and can see it going to ET. If the real Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard turn up we should have enough to win.

Germany have looked shitter than England imo.

They've looked much better going forward but England have looked more solid in defence. England had a much easier group like.

You think? I'd take USA to beat Ghana, Slovenia & Serbia are pretty well matched, and Australia against Germany was the worst team performance I've seen this tournament.

If we can beat Germany I think it could give us the confidence and momentum to have a real go at Argentina in the Quarters.

Didn't even think about who we now play if we got to the quarters.

Its Argentina? Oh well, we gave it a shot.

Argentina and Germany pose similar problems. They both have excellent fluidity going forward but if you can stop them for long enough periods there are plenty of holes in their respective defences. If we can beat Germany, which i think we will, we'd have every chance against the Argies.

Spain and Brazil will worry me more, if we get that far.

Dead excited for this now. Been watching highlights of the Euro 96 match  :frantic:

Aren't Germany the only big nation we've beaten in recent years?

Argentina 2002?

8 years ago like. Most of this bunch weren't playing for England then, I should've been more specific.

Guest firetotheworks

I think they'll crush us like puny English scones. No doubt if it's 0-0, and pretty even after 5 minutes I'll believe that we'll win though.

You've gotta love the total over-confidence after we put on a decent performance and won 1-0 against a slow, talentless and basically shit Slovenia side... The BBC pundits were correct (for once) yesterday when they said: "in England, you're either rubbish or brilliant". There's no way we're going to hammer this German side - who aren't great themselves by the way, so they're not going to thump us either, but they're certainly no mugs and will be far more potent with Klose back up front, having missed him for the last two matches. It will be a tight match and will probably be won by one goal either way.

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell, that's not just lower than low, it's one of the most stupidly tenuous links I've ever seen.