Other teams you're cheering for in the World Cup

QBG

The Swiss.  The reasons:

1. I like Alexander Frei, Deridyok, Inler, and Barnetta.  I'm also fond of Hakan Yakin's name.

2. I lived there for a year.

3. Ottmar Hitzfeld is brilliant.

This casual interest will end as soon as Euro 2010 qualifiers begin. 

I named my fish after Hakin Yakin after I had 10 swaps of him in the Euro 2004 sticker book. :lol:

They're one of mine aswell because I have family that live there.

I'm half Spanish, so picking Spain as my second team (England is always first in my book) is a no brainer. I also lived in the US for a number of years, so like to see them do well, though no way in hell will they win it.

Teams I dislike, some didn't make it, like Ireland and Scotland, those that did, some already out, France and Italy, those still in that I don't want to win are Brazil (win it too often), Germany (not good enough anyway but it's Germany), Argentina (nice to see Jonas playing but have no time for that cheating Maradona and hate the hype that is Messi), Portugal ( I really loathe them after the way they conducted themselves in games a against England). That's just about everyone, whose likely to win it so basically if England (which is a huge longshot) or Spain don't win it, I'm going to be pissed off.

Slovakia, because I've got them in the sweepstake. 

Also, this lass at work is Slovakian and she was genuinely delighted today - she never expected them to get through for a second.

She fit?

Too old for you I think, she's at least 18 and she's got ID and everything.  Soz.

Amazing that some people still hate Maradona.

It was 24 years ago lads, time to move on. :lol:

It's not just English people though. He's widely considered to be a c*ck, even in Argentina.

It's not about what happened 24 years ago. The guy's in the media spotlight now.

Guest firetotheworks

Japan. I take back that they generally dont care. 40% of the country watched the match at 3.30am this morning.

http://www.techdigest.tv/2008/09/25/timwestwood.jpg

Respect to that yeah?

Guest firetotheworks

As of yesterday, Paraguay.

Do I make Ronaldo sick too? :lol:

You South Koreans are East Asian Makems.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone supporting Argentina should hang their heads in shame, only got one thing to say to you: remember the Falklands. :nope:

What a stupid thing to say.