Capello stays on

Doctor Zaius
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Go for me like.

There's clearly no doubting his class as a manager, but for me, he's made far too many mistakes. It's not just mistakes on one front, it's mistakes all across the board.

He's made mistakes no the tactics front with his Mike bassett-esque stubbornness to sticking with 4-4-2. He's made mistakes in picking players, we all know Emile, Carragher and the dreadful Upson shouldn't be there among others. It's clear that there's unrest within the camp, weather it be with Terry, player mutiny or Capello, there's evidently problems, with Capello only seeing the players every once in a while it'll be tough to get rid of unrest. His substitutions are woeful as well, leaving many of us scratching our heads in bemusement. 

You could suggest he's made man management mistakes, he's got absolutely nothing out of a talented bunch of lads, you'd think with the likes of Terry, Gerrard and Lampard this could well be their last chance to make a mark at the World cup, yet it looked like half the team didnt want to be there, something's clearly wrong if your team don't want to play at the world cup. One thing that I've found strange is his lack of grasp for the English language, he can barely speak it despite being here 3? years. If he cant speak English in an interview, how does he get his points across on the training pitch?

We've underperformed horrifically at this WC, with what was probably the easiest group we struggled and then decimated in the last 16. Somethings gone wrong, mistakes have been made, but should Capello pay with his job? Or is it just the players?

Do you believe he could turn it round? Do you believe he's stay or will the FA (who want fucking shot for his contract) will give him the push, and should they?

So you think he should go to punish him for making mistakes. Is that a fair assessment of your OP?

Kind of. Isnt that why Managers get sacked? I think that he's just made too many mistakes, which some will be difficult to rectify. Nobody can deny some of his decision making has been baffling. Or maybe I'm being to harsh on Capello? Just interested to what people think really.

Depends on who would follow imo.

I think Klinsmann (some on here mentioned him before) would be a good idea considering what he did in those 2 years for Germany. He did change the whole structure of the team and coaching staff which was very good in the end. He is one of the reasons why the likes of Özil, Khedira or Boateng are playing for Germany at this world cup.

Still not too sure if he could do the same good work at England.

For me, England should only go out to get a new manager if Mourinho would be ready to do this job as for me he's the only one who probably could win something with England. 

He, of course isn't because he's at Madrid now, so keep Capello because in general he's a great manager and showed this in previous times more than once.

No point IMO. The alternatives are either no better or similarly unproven.

Several important questions need to be asked in the inquest regarding this tournament though (some I've listed elsewhere) and he certainly needs to more flexible and/or bold regarding formation and team selection. Build a team that works on the pitch rather than on paper. Other nations seem to manage it.

Aye he should go, mainly for his own good. He got it wrong this tournament and the press are going to be brutal if he stays on and Euro qualifying progress isn't smooth. Seems a nice bloke and I genuinely wouldn't want him to go through a slaughter from the horrible bastards in the tabloids. Also think the language barrier is definitely a problem when things aren't going well.

Guest Howaythetoon

He should go but he's not really the problem. He's a great manager but in a 30 day tournament he's not up to the task, he's a club manager and is better suited to a long campaign rather than the World Cup. Some of his decisions have been shocking and his formation and tactics unsuitable. I want to see the job given, on a part-time basis if necessary to an English manager, and for fuck all. Managing the national team should be a privilege not a pay day.

Also agree that Klinsmann should replace him, speaks almost perfect English from his time here and in the States, speaks a lot of sense and seems to me like he would be a good motivator.

I really hope they stick with Capello. The problem is with the players and even though he has made some glaring errors, I have faith that he'll learn from them. You don't become one of the best coaches in the world by refusing to change your ways. And besides....who else is there?

Whoever follows him will just be let down again, just like Sven and Capello were.

The whole of the FA need to be sacked.

Until we start developing our youth correctly and focusing more on technical ability than kids with greater height, bulk and speed, then our national side is never going to improve.

So you think he should go to punish him for making mistakes. Is that a fair assessment of your OP?

Kind of. Isnt that why Managers get sacked? I think that he's just made too many mistakes, which some will be difficult to rectify. Nobody can deny some of his decision making has been baffling. Or maybe I'm being to harsh on Capello? Just interested to what people think really.

Managers get sacked, I think, because they make a mess of the job and the directors lose faith in their ability to turn it around. The mistakes are seen as symptomatic of a problem. I still believe in him as a coach and would like to see him stay. If the mistakes have made you lose faith in him, then fair enough.

Some of his decision making has been baffling though. I agree on that. Bringing on Heskey today was absurd. Even taking Wright-Phillips was questionable, never mind that he actually made it onto the field.

In terms of fucking up, he's about on par with the players this tournament. His track record prior to these last four football matches is ridiculously good. There is, however, no doubting that shit's gone horribly, horribly wrong and he's responsible for about 50%. There's been some seriously, seriously bad (and plain bizarre) decisions. No doubting.

But i don't think we'll get any better and i also think he's the sort of manager to come good. Aye he's fucked up but i'd like to see him with a collection of players who aren't gutless and just plain mediocre. 

Keep him.