Capello stays on

Doctor Zaius
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Phil K

Interesting that 'Appy 'Arry has thrown his hat in the ring so early, and unequivocally (good word that) though.

But in the absence of any other credible candidate...

Sam Allerdyce.

the thought of that terrifies me.

i think i'd probably stop watching england play if he got the job, althought gareth barry seemed to be in prep already for it with all the long high balls punted forward against slovenia

I bet Fat Sam cracked into a smug grin when he watched Germany score their first goal from a long speculative punt into our area.

i bet he did, probably followed by the mr burns style 'excellent...'

Guest Brummiemag

I think we should stick with Capello, at least until then next Euros. Yes he has made some mistakes but the man has a superb track record - 9 league championships in 16 years - thats why he was appointed

The fact is that the media have vilified every England Manager in the last 20 years, including Robson. They can't all be bad

The bottom line is he can only be as good as the resources at his disposal and unfortunately the resources he had available were well over rated and way off anything that was ever going to challenge for the world cup.

Guest BooBoo

The group was pretty weak really. A clearly past their best Croatia team were the best of a very poor group of opponents.

Apparantly theres dissention between Terry and Gerrard/Carragher

DAVID BECKHAM had to defuse the explosive World Cup row that was tearing England apart.

Alan Shearer, writing in The Sun two days ago, insisted there was 'something fundamentally wrong' within Fabio Capello's camp.

The belief is players were divided by a feud between Steven Gerrard and Kop pal Jamie Carragher on one side and Chelsea skipper John Terry on the other.

The Liverpool pair were incensed JT had spoken about problems within the team and also that he had tried to arrange all the players into a huddle on the pitch after the Slovenia victory - England's solitary success in South Africa.

They saw that as a direct challenge to Gerrard's captaincy and tensions threatened to spiral out of control.

But SunSport can reveal how Beckham was brought in as a peacemaker to calm the whole situation.

He acted as a go-between and successfully cooled the potentially damaging dispute. A Three Lions source said: "There was a lot of tension between Stevie G and JT and it couldn't be allowed to fester.

"So Becks stepped in to act as a peacemaker. He spoke with both and sorted it all out.

"He helped clear the air between them and stopped the matter deteriorating further. But who knows whether it will all flare up again now we have crashed out of the World Cup."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/worldcup2010/3036670/David-Beckham-stops-England-feud-between-Steven-Gerrard-and-John-Terry.html#ixzz0sOAWZZEC

Guest neesy111

as i said before John Terry should never play for england again, what he has done over the last 4 months off the field is a disgrace, tbf his on-field performances would also justify him not playing again

Guest Phil K

Well if you want Capello to go, why not get Oliver Cromwell to lead the nation again ?

While watching Simon Sharma's British thing, I was struck by similarities to a certain Lahndener who has made his intentions clear on the England job !

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr166/PhilK001/CromwellRedknapp.jpghttp://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr166/PhilK001/cromwell-redknapp.jpg

as i said before John Terry should never play for england again, what he has done over the last 4 months off the field is a disgrace, tbf his on-field performances would also justify him not playing again

One poor performance. :lol:

Honestly, who brings up these idiots?

Guest neesy111

one poor performance my arse, he was shocking v japan & algeria

i guess you didn't watch chelsea last season as well, where they conceded more goals last season than any season since 2004

Guest neesy111

and your an idiot as well  :pow:

Guest Phil K

He was from Cambridgeshire, but aye, fair do's.

Fair point, but the Londoner I refered to was Happy Harry. ;)

Resemblance, though isn't there ?

Old Ollie was from a well to do East Anglian family.

When the royalists got back in charge, Cromwell had been years dead - they dug him up and hung him

Too gutless to take him on while he was alive, they'd have been grovelling to him then !

i guess you didn't watch chelsea last season as well, where they conceded more goals last season than any season since 2004

Are you taking the piss? They won the league by playing attacking football. Cech was out for a month, Cole was out for 3 months and Alex/Carvalho were in and out of the side.

Shocking against Algeria? f*** off, man. :lol:

Guest Stephen927

Capello made some mistakes but the players just didn't perform for him, like they didn't perform for the last few managers. He isn't the problem, employing an English manager won't suddenly solve all of our problems. Seems like change for the sake of change, many are quick to forget the good he has done.

DAVID BECKHAM had to defuse the explosive World Cup row that was tearing England apart.

Alan Shearer, writing in The Sun two days ago, insisted there was 'something fundamentally wrong' within Fabio Capello's camp.

The belief is players were divided by a feud between Steven Gerrard and Kop pal Jamie Carragher on one side and Chelsea skipper John Terry on the other.

The Liverpool pair were incensed JT had spoken about problems within the team and also that he had tried to arrange all the players into a huddle on the pitch after the Slovenia victory - England's solitary success in South Africa.

They saw that as a direct challenge to Gerrard's captaincy and tensions threatened to spiral out of control.

But SunSport can reveal how Beckham was brought in as a peacemaker to calm the whole situation.

He acted as a go-between and successfully cooled the potentially damaging dispute. A Three Lions source said: "There was a lot of tension between Stevie G and JT and it couldn't be allowed to fester.

"So Becks stepped in to act as a peacemaker. He spoke with both and sorted it all out.

"He helped clear the air between them and stopped the matter deteriorating further. But who knows whether it will all flare up again now we have crashed out of the World Cup."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/worldcup2010/3036670/David-Beckham-stops-England-feud-between-Steven-Gerrard-and-John-Terry.html#ixzz0sOAWZZEC

No surprise, a captaincy power struggle caused by the media sticking their noses in and getting Terry sacked.

Blame the players, blame the lack of coaches, blame Capello, but if that Terry story didn't leak and wasn't made such a meal out of we could still be there now.

Are you taking the piss? They won the league by playing attacking football. Cech was out for a month, Cole was out for 3 months and Alex/Carvalho were in and out of the side.

If you can't see that John Terry's season went to absolute shit post-tabloid scandal then you can't see the wood for the trees.

He was rubbish and would have still been turning in bad individual performances with a settled back four and keeper.

No surprise, a captaincy power struggle caused by the media sticking their noses in and getting Terry sacked.

Blame the players, blame the lack of coaches, blame Capello, but if that Terry story didn't leak and wasn't made such a meal out of we could still be there now.

Or  if Terry wasn't such a destable crybaby little prat?

Or  if Terry wasn't such a destable crybaby little prat?

And bucked his best mates lass?

If you can't see that John Terry's season went to absolute s*** post-tabloid scandal then you can't see the wood for the trees.

He was rubbish and would have still been turning in bad individual performances with a settled back four and keeper.

He had maybe 3 or 4 bad games which the media jumped on and sure enough the envious and the gullible ate it up.