The Liverpool Thread

Parky

RAWK reads just like this place after Keegan came back >_<  How long did it take for Keegan to get a win after his return..?

Stop relating this to Keegan please.

..?  I'm not, I'm relating that forum to this one :)

Ah :) :thup:

If he loses the next two he'll already be f***ed. There will be scousers everywhere saying he's not up to it and that it was a mistake to bring him back. Couldn't start with a worse two games if you ask me (obviously if he wins them then that changes it entirely!)

Who's his first tow games against?

Manure and?

Why in the fuck is everyone in the media saying they feel sorry for Hodgson? He had mediocre players at Fulham and apparently managed to get more out of them than he probably would be expected to, so why is it an excuse to say Liverpool have a shit squad? It's still better than Fulham's. Did he suddenly lose that 'ability' or something?

He's nothing special at all and yes, I said this when he was appointed there.

If he loses the next two he'll already be f***ed. There will be scousers everywhere saying he's not up to it and that it was a mistake to bring him back. Couldn't start with a worse two games if you ask me (obviously if he wins them then that changes it entirely!)

Manure and?

Everton :)

Manure and?

EXCITING!

Manure and?

2 losses please :)

Don't they have Blackpool this wednesday? would love to see Liverpool finish outside the top 10

Really? Just knew that it was Everton next weekend, didn't check for midweeks. Shame

Does it call for a new thread?

The voodoo in this thread is very strong, new thread might break the spell. Need to have a think.

Your call. If you get this one right. I propose a username change to GOD. And this as your avatar.

http://www.sacredspace.ie/images/latestspace/latestspace4_god_at_his_computer.jpg

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's masterstroke from the owners?

Their biggest problems are the lack of atmosphere at Anfield, the trust from the fans and the playing squad. Giving them the guy that they want, until the end of the season, will boost the fans and get the atmosphere going at Anfield again (like when Ashley brought Keegan back), it will see that the owners are listening to the fans which will help to build the bridges and that will pass onto the players who will play with a bit more freedom and with weight off their shoulders. (like when we got rid of Souness and put Roeder in charge). They're comfortably safe now IMO.

That being said, if they keep Dalglish past the summer they want shot because he certainly isn't the answer in the long term. But short term, I can't see any problems.

Their biggest problems are the lack of atmosphere at Anfield, the trust from the fans and the playing squad. Giving them the guy that they want, until the end of the season, will boost the fans and get the atmosphere going at Anfield again (like when Ashley brought Keegan back), it will see that the owners are listening to the fans which will help to build the bridges and that will pass onto the players who will play with a bit more freedom and with weight off their shoulders. (like when we got rid of Souness and put Roeder in charge). They're comfortably safe now IMO.

That being said, if they keep Dalglish past the summer they want shot because he certainly isn't the answer in the long term. But short term, I can't see any problems.

:sadnod:

It's a short term fix with long term consequences. There will of course be a honeymoon period, but this kind of move can also hamper the club, esoecially if he does relatively well.

Basically what they need is a top line manager and to freshen the squad. That will take one or two seasons at the minimum.

I don't think they can compete financially with the elite of the PL anymore, so the first target would be to get back into the CL and start to pull in money which they have missed.

My personal opinion is that they are now only fighting for 5th to 7th with what they have. The longer they stay out of the CL the harder it will be, infact if they don't get back into is within 2 season they are fucked for a good while yet.

Nesv perhaps have underestimated the amount of cash it takes to be competitive in the PL.