The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I don't understand why so many people have a go at Liverpool fans for this Hillsbrough stuff not only do they have a right to ensure justice is given they have a duty.

Generational difference.

Not really, I remember it but I'm fed up of hearing their self-righteous whining about it.

Do you not think it is understandable though when people's lives were lost on that day.

It was at the time. How about giving it a rest 20 years later (or however long it's been, I didn't check).

I don't understand why so many people have a go at Liverpool fans for this Hillsbrough stuff not only do they have a right to ensure justice is given they have a duty.

Could do it without all the hypocrisy though

Go on.

Turning up in Athens for the CL final without tickets and ending up overcrowding the Away end

The mocking of the Munich disaster, George Best's death and trashing OT

The convenient sweeping over of the Wall pushing incident, don't hear them mention that very often, other than that one time they played Juve...

Mostly the first one though

fair point though on the second one as right as you are that those type of things are disgusting and have no place in football i think the majority of lfc fans would equally be disgusted by their own supporters.

Generational difference.

Not really, I remember it but I'm fed up of hearing their self-righteous whining about it.

Do you not think it is understandable though when people's lives were lost on that day.

It was at the time. How about giving it a rest 20 years later (or however long it's been, I didn't check).

Why should they give it a rest when justice hasn't been done. The families who had lost some one on that day, still feel the pain of what happened and people who survived are still traumatised.

Another point for me coming up me thinks. :johnson:

What, because John Henry falls over in his yacht and is injured?

I admit I was morbidly curious to see what would happen to Liverpool if he died.

Guest Wearside

I can see Everton turning Liverpool over tomorrow, I watched this fixture last season and Everton were worthy winners and should have won by more. I realise it's different management now and different players but Everton on their day can beat anyone at home and they also have the bonus of knowing Henderson doesn't like derby days, he will freeze.

Moyes is "hopeful" on Cahill, Disco. The man loves TC and especially for a derby if he reckons he can play at all, he will play.

Drenthe better start and let's just fucking attack them, none of this "let's keep it tight" bollocks. Go after their questionable defence and get into Henderson/Lucas/Adam and stop balls getting into that grade A twat they have up front.

Lads on the forum seem to think Saha is starting as well, although he does have the alarming attribute of being classed as something called a "striker" so will have to hang fire on that one.

Both sides will look at the other and think they can win it. If I had to bet on an outcome it'd have to be a draw. The bookies are being harsh on us though. Not sure what Liverpool have done to justify being clear-ish favourites for this (7/5 - we're 21/10).

Quite a big game this, actually, in the context of things. If we get beat it's not the be all and end all to our season, but looking at the fixtures we're in the middle of, we have to earmark this game as a realistic chance of a win.

side note, surely Liverpool will start with Kuyt, unbelievable he hasn't started every game for them and he seems to link up well with Suarez too

Dalglish will find a reason not to start Kuyt.

side note, surely Liverpool will start with Kuyt, unbelievable he hasn't started every game for them and he seems to link up well with Suarez too

The fact that we haven't got a fit RB maybe?

Henderson has younger legs than Kuyt and is a far better option to protect the RB position than Kuyt would be at this time.  Once Johnson is fit I've no doubt Kuyt will be in the team and Henderson on the bench for most games. 

Everton put a lot of work into the City game without getting anything, I can see their luck changing today.

They don't need luck. They just need Carroll and Henderson starting, and they'll boss it. I have a feeling Dalglish will comply too.

Guest elbee909

Yeah, he didn't buy him.

Everton had no option but park the bus last week, but they've definitely got to be positive today. Reina's a great keeper but Liverpool are dodgy at the back. Adam in front of Skrtel and Carragher is about as slow as you get in the league.