The Liverpool Thread

Parky

Good. He deserves a lengthy ban for his attitude on a pitch, let alone for stuff like this.

Obviously hope he misses our game, but I'm guessing Victimsoftheworld FC won't just be humble and accept it, so in the mean time let's just hope they and Dalglish embarrass themselves a little more.

I sit next to a Uraguayan at work who's astonished it's an issue in the slightest, the culture and usage of the terminology there is completely different. Had a pretty interesting chat with him but he's a Suarez fanboy and blatantly loves a cheeky bit of racism so it was a bit one sided. There's a Tim Vickery piece on the BBC sport that starts off by giving an extremely good insight into the culture of the words, I've linked below.

That's the other side of the coin: beyond what the words Suarez used may mean, there's the question of what's racist, which is *very* dependent on culture. What would be perceived in hyper-sensitive Britain as racist would not be in other cultures less sensitive to racism. And then there's the differing sensitivity to perceived racism against different races: in the UK, people are very sensitive to racism against blacks but not against, say, Albanians because there are a lot of blacks but few Albanians. A few weeks ago, an extremely liberal, pro-immigrant German lass who spends all her time helping kids from immigrant families, who would never dream of saying anything anti-Turkish, told me that "laying an Obama in the White House" is slang for having a shit (there are very few black people in Germany, and most racism is directed against Turks, Arabs and East Europeans).

-------------------

With regards to the FA's ruling: it's a complete cop-out. They've found him guilty of indecent/abusive behaviour and punished him for racism. An 8 match ban is ridiculous for what they've found him guilty of. FFS, Rooney got a 2-game ban for running up to the TV camera and shouting "fuck off" into it. They should have either given him a punishment typical of the violation they found him guilty of or had the balls to label him a racist along with clearly you've-been-found-guilty-of-racism ban they handed him.

Didn't he leave Ajax because he picked a lengthy suspension in the Dutch league?

He got a 6 game ban i think for biting someone.

It was a friendly bite though.

It's a traditional greeting in Uruguay.

As one of the tens of thousands of Liverpool fan's who are experts in Uruguayan culture will be able to verify.

Didn't he leave Ajax because he picked a lengthy suspension in the Dutch league?

He got a 6 game ban i think for biting someone.

It was a friendly bite though.

It's a traditional greeting in Uruguay.

Any everyone should understand that with those kind of teethes, they are bound too grab hold of a neck sooner than later.

He have friends who have big teethes too, two rabbits. So don't judge him please.

Given the FA's 'Kick it Out' campaign I can't see them reducing it. They've already found him guilty of using racist language and they're not going to suddenly change their minds and decide he's not guilty after all. If anything they should be extending it. 

Given the FA's 'Kick it Out' campaign I can't see them reducing it. They've already found him guilty of using racist language and they're not going to suddenly change their minds and decide he's not guilty after all. If anything they should be extending it. 

DTguardian daniel taylor

Statement from @kickitout : 'FA has demonstrated it will not stand for discrimination, something FIFA and UEFA should take heed of'

I don't think you can underestimate the fact that he's got black friends.

Would be class if they considered the appeal a frivolous one and extended the 8 games :lol:

That reads like it was written by the work experience kid :lol: Awful statement.

Basically says Suarez knows black people so can't be a rasict c*nt

Err, and it states that his grandfather was black. Big difference between knowing a few black people and being the grandson of one …

That reads like it was written by the work experience kid :lol: Awful statement.

Yes and no. It's written exactly like BBC news articles: carefully constructed so Johnny Foreigner can understand it easily. From that point of view, it's actually rather well done. From the point of view of a native speaker of English, it sounds like it's aimed at divvies.

It is a strong mitigating factor (I genuinely hope that was part of his defence!!) I must admit. :lol:

They need to make an example of him and send a message out that they won't tolerate racist behaviour in British football. Ban the prick for the rest of the season.

It is a strong mitigating factor (I genuinely hope that was part of his defence!!) I must admit. :lol:

They need to make an example of him and send a message out that they won't tolerate racist behaviour in British football. Ban the prick for the rest of the season.

That's the key like. They can't be seen to be letting him off lightly.

Err, and it states that his grandfather was black. Big difference between knowing a few black people and being the grandson of one …

Yes and no. It's written exactly like BBC news articles: carefully constructed so Johnny Foreigner can understand it easily. From that point of view, it's actually rather well done. From the point of view of a native speaker of English, it sounds like it's aimed at divvies.

Hitler's grandmother was Jewish.

Guest bimpy474

Hitler's grandmother was Jewish.

I hated my Grandmother, explains a lot that like :D